• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Seabreeze Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb20000.png

srb20001.png

srb20002.png

srb20003.png

srb20004.png

srb20005.png

Final Screen shots.

I've added all I could, and for now, I'm completely tapped out of ideas to put in.

I've decided to host a server for tomorrow with the final Alpha version of the wad. if it goes well, I'll put a link in the submissions forum. till then, stay frosty people. :3

-EXTRA STUFF-

Time taken: 6 days
test runs done: 30+
-first wad done-

Jellybones69 said:
Is that a mountain or a boat?

If that's your way of saying you can't tell, it'd have to be neither. Mountains go skyward. It looks more like a cavern to those with untrained eyes...

But seeing as how it's in the water, and I'm a newbie level maker and can't do detailed stuff yet, You'll have to assume it's not a floating rock. :S

Django Urikashima said:
Hmm... Bright bright sun, being blocked by a cloud... I think it fits. moving on.

Django Urikashima said:
Realism in a game based on a half pint rodent with super sonic speed and just as equally talented sidekicks who would have probably enjoyed the hero as a snack long ago?
GENIUS. [/sarcasm]

Huh? I'm just saying that it doesn't look good when shadows are too dark. Maybe they would look like that in real life, I dunno, but it doesn't necessarily look good like that in SRB2...

:SonicMaster: said:
I'm afraid that the framerate's going to be not so great on a lower end machine. ENORMOUS water FOF + clouds over said FOF? =/

Yeah... Originally, I had a bit of frame lag when I had the clouds with transparent floors. had to make them solid to fix that a bit.

Ice said:
Django Urikashima said:
Hmm... Bright bright sun, being blocked by a cloud... I think it fits. moving on.

Django Urikashima said:
Realism in a game based on a half pint rodent with super sonic speed and just as equally talented sidekicks who would have probably enjoyed the hero as a snack long ago?
GENIUS. [/sarcasm]

Huh? I'm just saying that it doesn't look good when shadows are too dark. Maybe they would look like that in real life, I dunno, but it doesn't necessarily look good like that in SRB2...

Constructive criticism > dislike/personal preference.

that is my answer to that.

Ice said:

What's wrong with it? It's all over water, which I believe still is a death sector, so what is the problem? It seems perfectly fine to me. I still want to see how navigating this level turns out. It definitely looks promising.

Try making more hills, more scenery FOFs and the like. It looks too flat as it stands, but I am fond of the clouds..

Instead of making the boats wooden (because looking at it again Its a boat.) use a different texture for uh...maybe a nicer appearance. The wood texture is a little ugly to me.

I think it would be better if you got some sector-based palm trees from the StH360 Mod. Or just make some of your own.

Edit: Also, you may want to use DCWHITE for the clouds, WATER1 is animated and it wouldn't look good. For the walls, use DCWHITEW.

Flame said:
Try making more hills, more scenery FOFs and the like. It looks too flat as it stands, but I am fond of the clouds..

I'll look into it after the first sucessful public test of the wad.

Jellybones69 said:
Instead of making the boats wooden (because looking at it again Its a boat.) use a different texture for uh...maybe a nicer appearance. The wood texture is a little ugly to me.

Meh. I went with a steel finish, and it does look a lot better, so w/e. > .>

Violo said:
I think it would be better if you got some sector-based palm trees from the StH360 Mod. Or just make some of your own.

Sounds tempting... but I'll put a rain check on that for the time being.

Edit: Also, you may want to use DCWHITE for the clouds, WATER1 is animated and it wouldn't look good. For the walls, use DCWHITEW.

I tried using it, but it got too bright for my tastes. at least with the water stuff, it was a bit easier on the eyes.

=====================

Anyway, I will be hosting a public Alpha test today at different intervals of time. those interested, please keep an eye out on Cue's Masterserver list to see when the download's active.

Try adding some sails to the boats via fofs. That should make them look more like boats and not rafts. The only thing is that it might lag a bit...

Blade said:
Try adding some sails to the boats via fofs. That should make them look more like boats and not rafts. The only thing is that it might lag a bit...

Heh, this is not the final outcome. I ended up going with a metal finish on the boats, so if I added sails to it, it'd become out of place.

It'll change the gameplay a little bit, but it's mostly about looks. That's important, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back