SC_Medpack (Previously known as SC_GMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both really; both have the same textures.

EDIT: Also, just to make sure, I'm just talking about Splash Hill. GCZ, even though the textures don't fit with SRB2, they appear fine because they work well with the palette. Splash Hill takes offense to both style and color.

I will say, however, it's visuals are improving with the new scenery, but all of it falls flat due to the bad textures.

Alright well I'll try the textures you had sent me, and see if they improve the level visually. And if not, I will attempt to edit the original textures to make them friendly to the SRB2 pallet. Also, you don't have to be too harsh with giving feedback, you could simply tell me what you do not like and ask me to fix it. Just saying, using words like 'garbage' over 'bad' gives a huge difference in attitude, yet same meaning, causing (in some situations) more arguments or disliking to occur.

In Splash Hill, I think you should push the wall in the background of the underwater section forward so it's even. I was playing with Greeneyes and I homing attacked the spring. It somehow pushed me back and I drowned due to lack of escape.

In Splash Hill, I think you should push the wall in the background of the underwater section forward so it's even. I was playing with Greeneyes and I homing attacked the spring. It somehow pushed me back and I drowned due to lack of escape.

At that part, that is a flaw in srb2 with homing attacks and 2d mode. Due to the new character addition in the soon to be uploaded update, the level will be edited to avoid such a problem.

lhWzwJZ.png

... Yeah, I noticed...

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I think Greeneyes doesn't like your level design.

2lGTBpr.png

Why do you even have a floor there? That's kind of random placement. Also, those rings in the small passage way in Splash Hill cause some weird light-dash glitches... and by that I mean getting stuck and having to restart the level because you can't move.

Also, Manray Zone's spring chain is rather awkward. Robo Blast teaches you not to press anything during those but the spring doesn't send you far enough to get to the next one. I usually just skip it, but characters like Greeneyes can't.

Why do you even have a floor there? That's kind of random placement. Also, those rings in the small passage way in Splash Hill cause some weird light-dash glitches... and by that I mean getting stuck and having to restart the level because you can't move.

Also, Manray Zone's spring chain is rather awkward. Robo Blast teaches you not to press anything during those but the spring doesn't send you far enough to get to the next one. I usually just skip it, but characters like Greeneyes can't.

There are lots of levels where the player must maneuver through the air to reach a certain spring. Besides, this isn't too big of a problem. I hardly see a problem here.

and as I said earlier, this pack will have its own character, and I don't really find Greeneyes to my liking, and not much stages will also due to his bad stats.

Also, not sure how you are standing there (wherever there is) in GC, because I made all of those parts death pits.

I guess it may just be the Greeneyes Curse. His stats aren't too bad for this. His stomp and heat let him skip massive chunks of Glyphic Canyon and his air dash lets him go very fast in Splash Hill.

I'm using this level pack to get a feel for a lot of characters, so there's that too.

I guess it may just be the Greeneyes Curse. His stats aren't too bad for this. His stomp and heat let him skip massive chunks of Glyphic Canyon and his air dash lets him go very fast in Splash Hill.

I'm using this level pack to get a feel for a lot of characters, so there's that too.

Well now that I look at it, this version is extremely primitive compared to the newer version that will soon be uploaded.

Well now that I look at it, this version is extremely primitive compared to the newer version that will soon be uploaded.
I don't think they're that primitive, lua is just too picky and powerful, we can still use the homing attack in 2.0, so it doesn't make a difference

I don't think they're that primitive, lua is just too picky and powerful, we can still use the homing attack in 2.0, so it doesn't make a difference

No, I mean the level design was primitive. Remember, both GCZ and SHZ were ports from 2.0, and little have been edited when this pack was released. The new update will change this fact. For some parts I have remodeled, but for some parts, such as mach speed parts, they are completly remade, and new areas are built in the map.

So what you're saying is that Greeneyes is going to be the hard mode of this level pack? Oh jeez, I was just starting to like him too.

The levels still have pathways that a non-homing attacker can use to get to the goal, right? I wanna see how fast Jet can go in this. And I won't be discouraged by snowball pushing! Yay!

Greeneyes has as of the desision of adding a character nothing to do with the pack now. The new skin implemented into the pack is far better than greeneyes. Its simply sonic with homing attack and light dash (and the homing thok speed has been modified to have the similar speed as a speed thok, and to have a decent homing attack speed).

Also, sonicfan1000000000000000 has been trying to assist me in some texturing, and has made some custom textures to see if they could fit the level "Splash Hill Zone" better. So, opinions of the comparison:

3ab862d91ee7a7525f9bf261d6fa1e73.gif

Greeneyes heat ability alone makes him pretty viable. He also has the homing attack and light-dash, plus a stomp, and a double jump, so he's technically better than the already included skin, but your skin was designed for the pack, so it's technically the correct option.

Also, that looks slightly nicer, but the grass texture is a bit too fuzzy and the checkerboard is too big and closer than the grass. Why is it closer than the grass? That makes it look distracting, almost as if it was a border rather than an actual part of the level.

Last edited:
Greeneye's stats are really bad. The skin in this skin pack is like playing as Sonic. The original SRB2 sonic. You really can't tell a difference from these two characters excluding their abilities such as homing attack and lightdash. And is a stomp really necessary? It has no purpose in this pack. A double jump? Maybe useful in some places, and this does seem like a good thing, however the negatives in greeneyes outweighs the positives.

It's closer due to the 'illusion' I was trying to do with the original SHZ textures to look like what it does in S4.

I'd prefer to make it a simple grass edge texture. I makes it clear where the edges of a platform are and looks better.

but the grass texture is a bit too fuzzy

doctor, did you get the new grass textures i made you yet?

You could intentionally make Greeneyes bad if you blocked off all of the shortcuts he uses. The stomp sends you really high if you manage to land on an enemy with it after a huge jump (like the springs in Glyphic Canyon). I've actually overshot teleporters through that.

I guess it's more personal preference. I can get past the negatives of Greeneyes, which may explain why I'm not understanding your argument here.

Also, Splash Hill Zone doesn't look good at all in Sonic 4. The grass is plastic for crying out loud. The background's also really empty. I didn't notice the checkerboard though... so no criticism on that.

Last edited:
I used to like greeneyes, but I now see it as a downgrade. The only good thing are his abilities. Should his stats be boosted, he might change my opinion towards it.

Anyways, so sonicfan100000000000000000000000000000 has sent me the updated edit of the SRB2 textures and here is another comparison.

First picture is SF's textures, second is the original, third are my edits of SonicFan's edits. Express which you would say are more fitting. Say SF for SonicFan's, say S4 for original, say R2-D2 for my edit of SonicFan's edits:

4c46ca0ceb01570b6f98eb2b44f386ed.gif

I used to like greeneyes, but I now see it as a downgrade. The only good thing are his abilities. Should his stats be boosted, he might change my opinion towards it.

Anyways, so sonicfan100000000000000000000000000000 has sent me the updated edit of the SRB2 textures and here is another comparison.

First picture is SF's textures, second is the original, third are my edits of SonicFan's edits. Express which you would say are more fitting. Say SF for SonicFan's, say S4 for original, say R2-D2 for my edit of SonicFan's edits:

4c46ca0ceb01570b6f98eb2b44f386ed.gif

You're really going out of proportions with the usernames :o

Anyway, the "R2-D2" textures looks good. Keep up!

The only thing I don't like about your edit is that the checkerboard is just a bit too big. Other than that, it's a really good visual rendition of Plasti- Splash Hill Zone.

Also, I spy a new level section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back