• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA2B mod -- Beta 1 --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me give you ideas....
1.When the level starts,Let it be like the REAL game and try to add a sonic riders wad.Then when the times right let the game automatically switch to normal sonic.
2.For the truck at the end,Dont just have an EGGMAN sign there!Observe the zombies.wad from 1.09.4 and why not use that?Your going to have to make a wad for that truck.
3.Better texture *Shot*

Let me give you ideas....
1.When the level starts,Let it be like the REAL game and try to add a sonic riders wad.Then when the times right let the game automatically switch to normal sonic.
2.For the truck at the end,Dont just have an EGGMAN sign there!Observe the zombies.wad from 1.09.4 and why not use that?Your going to have to make a wad for that truck.
3.Better texture *Shot*

You are so flashy dude. That s really hard and near imposible to make (a truck following you?? i m not planning in doing that part...)
The riders thing would be really difficult and will requier a lot of Socing, oh and that s not important in the mod

STHE1230, it's perfectly possible to make boarding sections. Ask Thompson for help on that; he's done it in his own levels.

STHE1230, it's perfectly possible to make boarding sections. Ask Thompson for help on that; he's done it in his own levels.

I know it s possible, i said it would be hard. And no, boarding parts are really usless in my opinion...

No, they won't. You have to use your imagination. Thompson did a surfing area with ramps, falling cliffs, and stunts.

yeah, but he make that because he knows how and he want to do that. I think that will have no use in my mod, only for City Escape? No.

STHE123O, I think I can help you tweak this mod up, want me to do some graphics? I can rip SA2B's text for you.

What are you doing?!
I only just got the chance to look at these "OGGs", and when I was putting them into Audacity, it said it was an MP3. And you still have the music at a 32-bit sound quality with stereo, I'm surprised City Escape is under 2MB.

I just compressed it, and it's 400KB under the original size. Once that adds up, that will cut the thing down 6.8MB. Also, the textures aren't needed, not these ones anyway. And you may want to fix up those life icons as well. The Pumpkin Hill Sky is waaay too small, and you shouldn't replace textures. There's TEXTURE2 for a reason.

Right now, this may be harsh, but start over. This mod should be redone. With no platforming, level cloning and level glitches that are quite lethal to gameplay, it's the best thing you could do.

I will not remade it. and yeah, i always said musics were in MP3. I said that I converted them to OGG for the next demo

Here's an idea. How about you throw a WIP demo at us and we'll give some constructive criticism? You have nothing to lose from it anyways, right?

Here's an idea. How about you throw a WIP demo at us and we'll give some constructive criticism? You have nothing to lose from it anyways, right?

That's the whole point. He has, and we've given constructive criticism.

Ohh yeah too bad... I cant get SA2 textures from there now :(

and Speedylizzard14 no thanks, i dont need the texts

There's such thing as Google Images. It
helped me find a title screen ripped straight from SA2B. WITH those characters in the
background. I know someone on YouTube who released some stage packs that had SA2 textures. There were Final Rush, Metal
Harbor, and some other textures. Also, your brother, (ViluVector if I'm correct) has REAL City Escape textures ripped straight from SA2B

There's such thing as Google Images. It
helped me find a title screen ripped straight from SA2B. WITH those characters in the
background. I know someone on YouTube who released some stage packs that had SA2 textures. There were Final Rush, Metal
Harbor, and some other textures. Also, your brother, (ViluVector if I'm correct) has REAL City Escape textures ripped straight from SA2B

that textures arent a problem, an I have the REAL texturs in my level.I dont care if you like them or not...

And my brother didnt have the CE textures? you said that because you see the Blitz Sonic City Escape video right?

I found all the ripped textures in a web page that dont exist anymore

that textures arent a problem, an I have the REAL texturs in my level.I dont care if you like them or not...
If you don't care what we think about them, then why exactly should we play your levels? You have no excuse not to listen to people's criticisms on this, considering how ridiculously atrocious your mod and its levels are.

STHE1230, why don't you take really good constructive critism? Why don't you care? Why don't you want to try and make this better? People are giving you good ideas and critism, but you give up on alot of stuff because you don't want to take the time to learn or deal with it. Like what YuffieNyu and Kyasarin said. The board idea. You could've asked me to help you. But nooo. You said:

"I think that will have no use in my mod, only for City Escape? No."

Take your time on this mod. Ask for help when you don't know how to do something. Go to the wiki or study some levels. Be creative. You can add the board gameplay where ever you want. Right now your just straight porting from the game and it's not really turning out nice. From what I played in this mod all it is is FOF's and sectors and 30 seconds of a level. This mod is starting to turn out really REALLY terrible. Not saying porting is bad, but add some of your ideas to it and different level design or something. Be original and keep the theme of the level. Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back