• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rouge

SonicHacker141

battle network-er
Ok so, i tried to make 2 mods, did not go well. So I've decided to bring back Rouge (not ported from Chrispy)
Credits to Chrispy for making Rouge, I am using Chrispy's for a placeholder.
srb20143.gif

Post automatically merged:

For now it does not work on singleplayer because i broke some code, but I'll fix it.
Post automatically merged:

Also, should i make the ability glide and climb, or just fly?
Sticky Bomb is also confirmed as an ability.

Last edited:
So... Modern Rouge? We only got to play as her... Once, not sure how you'll do the moveset by that.

Perhaps I can suggest a few things? Hopefully it can aid in rouge's development.
Make her extremely focused on her acrobatic skills, probably being a mid-spin character, as I like calling it. (Mid-spin characters for me can do a spin attack in a certain move, like amy in the vanilla game.)
One of her buttons focus on her kick moves, and the side and back-kicks can be used as a dodge mechanism.
To break it down....
One of the custom buttons (probably custom 2 or 3) may be used to trigger the kick moveset, and acts like sms' dodges.
Front kick results in her infamous drill kick, which launches her forwards. Pressing spin while landing triggers her to go into a rolling state.
The side kicks are simply just dodges and the back kick is just a backflip, used to evade. (But you can use it as an offense if you want lol)
Custom1 let her throw the sticky bomb you mentioned, but perhaps I can suggest adding more bombs and being able to switch through them using the custom3 button?
Just an idea lol
Edit: one more thing, maybe if you press custom2 while flying, you can do a drill kick downwards. Serves as a good momentum-halter if you start losing control. But if you wanna keep your momentum, holding spin while landing leads in a roll.

Last edited:
Perhaps I can suggest a few things? Hopefully it can aid in rouge's development.
Make her extremely focused on her acrobatic skills, probably being a mid-spin character, as I like calling it. (Mid-spin characters for me can do a spin attack in a certain move, like amy in the vanilla game.)
One of her buttons focus on her kick moves, and the side and back-kicks can be used as a dodge mechanism.
To break it down....
One of the custom buttons (probably custom 2 or 3) may be used to trigger the kick moveset, and acts like sms' dodges.
Front kick results in her infamous drill kick, which launches her forwards. Pressing spin while landing triggers her to go into a rolling state.
The side kicks are simply just dodges and the back kick is just a backflip, used to evade. (But you can use it as an offense if you want lol)
Custom1 let her throw the sticky bomb you mentioned, but perhaps I can suggest adding more bombs and being able to switch through them using the custom3 button?
Just an idea lol
Edit: one more thing, maybe if you press custom2 while flying, you can do a drill kick downwards. Serves as a good momentum-halter if you start losing control. But if you wanna keep your momentum, holding spin while landing leads in a roll.
Tbh it's better to stay on Spin and Jump instead, just like Amy, and what I'm doing to Knuckles, it's simpler, gives newcomers a chance to easily get the hang of the character, as they don't have to worry about 3 more buttons. If you say "Modern Sonic uses Custom Buttons" It makes sense, he wouldn't be Modern Sonic without it, also imagine Slide and Boost mapped to the same button.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back