Robo It Up!

[Open Assets] Robo It Up! 1.0 / 1.5 RC2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
PerfectSystemDX submitted a new resource:

Robo It Up! - Y'know like Marble Blast and Robo Blast and- Ah, forget it.

I was writing a Sonic fanfic with cues to play different SRB2 levels, and then, I tried to find the right Sonic ability to play with. Something grounded enough, pinball-ish, maybe resembling the Multi Spin?
Well, sure enough, I looked and looked, but nothing scratched that itch, so I tinkered and tinkered, using free-to-modify mods as resources. Before I knew it, I felt like I'd honestly made something kinda special and unique. Now, I don't wanna keep it to myself.

Abilities:
Marble Dive -...

Read more about this resource...

ok so i read the silly comment on my review that said "the wall bounce thing is intentional" so i was wondering
how DO i control it? sometimes i'll hit the wall at an over 45 degree angle (hitting it from nearly anywhere but straight-on) and still bounce back, so do i have to hold jump to make it not redirect me backwards?

who is Evi Symmetry?
she wear a hoodie and go meow meow meow
Post automatically merged:

correction: she ruff bark arf now

ok so i read the silly comment on my review that said "the wall bounce thing is intentional" so i was wondering
how DO i control it? sometimes i'll hit the wall at an over 45 degree angle (hitting it from nearly anywhere but straight-on) and still bounce back, so do i have to hold jump to make it not redirect me backwards?
the point is that you're supposed to learn to work around the bounce back, you should focus more on bouncing off of something into your desired direction than looking at your desired direction and wallbouncing to get there with some speed setbacks, though you can do the latter if you're really careful with angles

OH, right, the bounce to my knowledge is based on input direction, not wall angle! hope that helps

Last edited:

correction: she ruff bark arf now

the point is that you're supposed to learn to work around the bounce back, you should focus more on bouncing off of something into your desired direction than looking at your desired direction and wallbouncing to get there with some speed setbacks, though you can do the latter if you're really careful with angles

OH, right, the bounce to my knowledge is based on input direction, not wall angle! hope that helps
ohh ok! so i should be slamming myself into the wall whilst holding movement keys towards it, got it

PerfectSystemDX updated Robo It Up! with a new update entry:

The Art Block Update

so... this is a bit unceremonious!
if you don't want spoilers for the 1.5 build, PLEASE don't play this release candidate

i honestly can't hold this build to myself
you might have one of the dev builds on hand, i've messed around with a few on the master server and posted a few in various discords. issue is, i'm having art block crossing the finish line.
so, a few notes

-

this is a proper overhaul, do not load any other physics mods with it anymore

this is supposed to come with a model...

Read the rest of this update entry...

just a bit of a note, don't feel guilty if you enjoy the release candidate
i know i usually do when i enjoy an early release of something
i'm happy if anyone enjoys what i made in any capacity
i would never be that pretentious

tbh the mod looks cool and pretty easy for time attack.
althought i was gonna nickname it "the dedication mod" bcuz of vinesauce

PerfectSystemDX updated Robo It Up! with a new update entry:

PROJECT: Animal // Teaser

Hello again!
We here at Perfect System DX hate April Fools updates most of the time.
So, to tide anyone over who feels the same way, or perhaps just has some interest in Robo It Up...
Here's a promotional poster for the AU that Robo It Up is primarily based around, PROJECT: Animal!
You might have seen this passing around, but I thought I'd finally go about putting it out there.

View attachment 115992

Bit of an update on the art block as well, it seems motivation to start...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i've noticed that this mod (1.5 RC2) seems to resynch a lot in multiplayer, usually during a double jump (like the gif shows)

Attachments

• srb20309.gif
    srb20309.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 23

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back