Rebirth - Green Hill Zone Act 1 3D VERSION 1.21! Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember I said I was making the same basic thing?

srb20216sc7.png

Worked about the same amount of time as you did on it, ultimate. =P

I started yesterday, going to work on it some more today.

sonicfreak94 said:
Remember I said I was making the same basic thing?

srb20216sc7.png

Worked about the same amount of time as you did on it, ultimate. =P

I started yesterday, going to work on it some more today.

Nice work, looks exactly like the SA2 one.

Version 2, looks really good. I think you might want to change a few more things.
  • You're checkpoints don't work right, since their flag value's are 7. The first ones flag value should be 0, the second should be 1, third should be 2, etc. The second paragraph of this wiki article also explains how to do it.
  • For things in trees, I'd use this FOF.
  • You've got a few errors on your map (in SRB2 Doom Builder, go to tools, and click on "Find map errors...") this wiki article might tell you how to fix some of them.
  • All you have on your map is a player 1 start, I'd add at least the player 2, 3, and 4 starts.

Thank you cheese, I never would have noticed those errors if you didn't tell me about them ^^

I'll fix them as soon as I finish writing an essay for English >.<

Monster Iestyn said:
mikesword221 said:
So any of you guys got a new map like oh I don't know Marble (Something) zone from Sonic1?

It was called Marble Zone.

Thank you. But all I need to know is if he got that part done. He did say he was going to make the ENTIRE Sonic 1.

Mike. He's not even done with the first Act yet. Stop expecting people to be perfect because they can make a decent Green Hill.

Since most of the reviews for Act 1 seem pretty good now, once I make the last few final changes I'm going to begin Act 2. But, I will eventually get to Marble Zone ^^, I'm not sure how I'm going to do some of the chasing lava/spewing up lava stuff yet...but I'll think of something, hopefully.

Act 1 is excellent apart from two sections, one being the loop, I know they can't be properly done, but that doesn't mean you should just
create a big square with a hole in it and leave it at that, also the pipe section, its basically just a very small tunnel you spin through,
you need to make the pipe bigger and force sonic through it and up a stair/slope into the rings in the sky using a zoom tube.

Apart from that this level is really good.

mikesword221 said:
Monster Iestyn said:
mikesword221 said:
So any of you guys got a new map like oh I don't know Marble (Something) zone from Sonic1?

It was called Marble Zone.

Thank you. But all I need to know is if he got that part done. He did say he was going to make the ENTIRE Sonic 1.

Well, it'd come out to be a way different game. Playing Sonic 1 in 3D is not the same experience as the original.

I thought this was a good WAD when I downloaded it. However, I was banned at the time. What are the differences between 1.2 and 1.21?

There is almost no difference, I replaced some invisible blocks with invisible, floating FOF's. The star posts were flagged incorrectly so they did not function properly, that is now fixed as well. Some sectors were left unclosed which are now fixed. I also added in some multiplayer start things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back