Rebirth - Green Hill Zone Act 1 3D VERSION 1.21! Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos asked: This level only seemed promising in the beginning. How long have you been working on this in total?

I wrote: Please keep in mind that this is my first level and I worked on it for 3 days, so don't laugh at me if it's horrible T-T

So...maybe like, 9-10 hours total?

It took quite a long time >.<

Oh, also, chaos, starting at which point did the level start to become worse? (That way I know where to start fixing ^^)

The part where you turned into the first "waterfall" part ruined it. It was good untill after the ramp.

Yay! That's where I thought I ruined it as well ^^"

Right after that the level became REALLY cramped...xD

Anyways, while I'm replying to chaos, I might as well post this here too:

Version 1.1 is out! Check the first post for the link ^^

--------------------------
-Also, I was wondering, is there any way to make a pseudo loop?
I tried to make my own, but I couldn't figure out how to get the springs to hang from the FOF (for the top of the loop)
This is somewhat what I had in mind:

-The circles represent springs, most likely yellow.
-To prevent the picture from becoming even more messy, I did not place springs to make it back through the loop coming the other way, but imagine springs placed similarly within the same loop that would propel the player out the front rather than the back. The springs would have to be placed very well for this to work out.
-Also, if this worked out, would someone be able to make invisible springs?
PsuedoLoop.jpg

-What you see here is the inside of the loop...and 'grass'.
-The spring at the top would not only hit the player upwards, but onto the receding part of the loop.
-The springs that have blacked dotted outlines are on the inside of the loop as well, just pretend you can see through the loop wall.
-Yes, these are horrible drawings. Please excuse my (lack of) MS paint skills.

PseudoLoop2.jpg

-You can walk on water
-Make the turn from the ramp to the waterfall thing smoother. Make it curve.
-Make those jumps smaller.
-Make the rest of the level 2X wider.
-Get rid of the slope and Spring thing. Only the Spring is needed.
-Go all the way outside your level. You can walk around there.

This is pretty good.

Now it's suggestion time.

Your level is a tad cramped, and flat.

Your sky. I suggest no dithering on the graphic when converting it. Furthermore, because it's hard to cater for both software and hardware when making skies like this

And sometimes it gets hard to choose if you try to cater for both renderers. You could consider making your own cylindrical skybox, instead?

Wait. I just found a flaw in the loop system you made. How are you going to get the spring to point that way?

There are three ways to make a loop.

1. Light dash ring trail.
2. Automatic zoom tubes.
3. Springs.

The only issues here though is that these all break the flow of the game. Plus Loops require truckloads of sectors and fofs to make and will slowdown the game, look like crap, aren't particularly fun and generally aren't worth the trouble.

GFZGRASS

It would look better if there was GFZGRASS on the edge of all the platforms, It makes the level look alot better.

Use pegging - Set the middle texture to GFZGRASS and then check 'Lower Unpegged'

Very nice. 8/10.

Very nice, faithful level layout, but as the others have already pointed out, there are flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back