Race in the factory! (R_ChemicalPlant.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm! pretty god, but what is the point of the dead ends with the switches? no one in their right mind would take a detour to activate them, allowing the other players to take a shortcut!

overall, 8.5/10

BTW, Where is the second zoom tube? I can't seem to find it...

Aegix said:
Hmm! pretty god, but what is the point of the dead ends with the switches? no one in their right mind would take a detour to activate them, allowing the other players to take a shortcut!

overall, 8.5/10

BTW, Where is the second zoom tube? I can't seem to find it...

The first zoomtube is located near the beginning of the level. (A shortcut through the level)

and then the second zoomtube is the pipe that you go in.

Flame got beat at his own level.

beatathisownlevel.png

You know what? That only happened because I got horrible lag in your server and that being the fact that I was tails.

If I didnt get horrible lag that time, I would have probably been closer to your time.

Well, I'm gonna be honest, this fails as a circuit map.
Dead-ends, button hunts, and the like are horrid circuit design. However, if you modify the dead-ends to be alternate routes, and lengthen it a bit, it might make a good single-player level.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
You know what? That only happened because I got horrible lag in your server and that being the fact that I was tails.

If I didnt get horrible lag that time, I would have probably been closer to your time.

...Sore loser, perhaps?

Just kidding. Yeah. I beat 2 n00b Sonics at a circuit when I was Tails once.

Well, this level looks just as if it came from Mystic Realm when you look at it, but it resembles Chemical Plant pretty much...Perfectly! Just maybe make it a little easier for people, it is a bit long. 9/10.1

This is good, but there are 2 things you want to fix:

1. The water doesn't hurt. I don't know if it was made like it, but the purple water isn't slime.

2. You know that shortcut at the beginning? Well, if you go up there, you go real slow. You may want to increase the Zoom Tube's speed.

supersonic45 said:
This is good, but there are 2 things you want to fix:

1. The water doesn't hurt. I don't know if it was made like it, but the purple water isn't slime.

2. You know that shortcut at the beginning? Well, if you go up there, you go real slow. You may want to increase the Zoom Tube's speed.
1. That's intended, for more Genesis-like slime.

2. That happens on occasion. You usually go up quite fast.

Draykon said:
Dead-ends, button hunts, and the like are horrid circuit design. However, if you modify the dead-ends to be alternate routes, and lengthen it a bit, it might make a good single-player level.

I knew this would come sooner or later.
Truely, I would expect this type of thing from experienced players like you.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Draykon said:

I knew this would come sooner or later.
Truely, I would expect this type of thing from experienced players like you.

I felt like that, when I first played it I was like "OMG where do I go???"

And, he's right, halfway at the beginning, someone has to sacrifice themselves to being slowed down by press those buttons. It takes forever. And then, those big buttons don't do anything. A waste of time.

supersonic45 said:
those big buttons don't do anything. A waste of time.
The first button reveals the second button, which reveals the third button, which opens a really minor shortcut.

The best race level ive ever seen! by a long shot! I hated chemical plant in sonic 2 but hearing this music again is so cool!

I'll Begin said:
supersonic45 said:
those big buttons don't do anything. A waste of time.
The first button reveals the second button, which reveals the third button, which opens a really minor shortcut.

Oh, that explains a lot. But why have someone sacifice the race for other players? It's just not right.

I just realized something.

When you push the first button in this map. You don't really have to sacrifice yourself. There's a little secret area by that button which you can take, and still be in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back