R_Digital_race.wad (A race map.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Even with your advice, I still can't make that jump.

That is the point of any video game. It's to exercise hand-eye coordination, spatial skills, timing, strategy, and sometimes deductive reasoning. And they also have a hidden meaning: It encourages people not to give up when they get discouraged. And that's looking at it from a psychological view. This level does nearly all of the above.

Ok, I just played the level, it's not that hard. I took the advice of the other users, the one who told you to jump in the rising area, and it works like a charm. Again, not that hard. 10/10 for the challenge, and giving me one game over!

You all treat it as if it's a Single Player stage. Circuit levels aren't meant to be as easy as Tainted Gorge, but they're also not supposed to be as hard as this one.

I have no idea HOW to even time such a jump, and if it's race, which is meant to be fast-paced, I shouldn't have to. Puzzles in a race level is a very bad idea.

It's not really a timing issue. You can go through the level quickly, and not die. You still have to slow down a bit to get through some parts yes, but it's still possible to race in. I'll host a game with this, and you join. Then we can prove that you can race on it.

Uh....I just played it and hated it.

1.Why are there so much item boxes?
2.he slippery room needs to go,got in and died.
Then I realized what to do,I went in and strafed and then I lost all my lives doing the room.Also did I tell you it past 2 minutes and I was still in lap one? D:

Well I took it for a spin. It's kind of like a lost racing level that was only located in a Debug mode (as if there ever was a Debug mode)

Wow, I.....really didn't like this. It seems more suited for co-op/single player. I don't think it's good for racing at all. The stage is so confusing. I lost 30 lives on my first lap figuring out the level. If I go fast I feel like Im going to fall or be inta-killed by the red...things. eughghggh, 2/10. It was a good idea for a level, but it wasn't good.

Now that I see more about this level, it could probably be turned into one monster of a single-player level. Will you give it a shot? What do you say, Dr. Frankenstein?
(Get it? monster..Frankenstein...LOL *shot for the horrible pun*)

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
There is also the tedious repeatedly-jump-64-fracunits-to-get-up-the-stairs technique which is a bad idea for ANY gametype in SRB2, especially Race.

I have a reason to believe that is to slow down the Sonics. Same with the DP/BP w/itembox right after it. Gives glide&climbers, multijumpers & flyers a chance to catch up. *REST OF POST DELETED, WALKTHROUGH OF DIGITAL RACE ON PAGE 2*

If this was used in 2 player mode, theres a chance that players can go to the Console, type Splitscreen 0, and type in God.

srb20017-1.png

To start off, thats just way too long per lap. I game overed pretty much every time I played this with three lives only. Race maps should also never be so punishing, I can't even slip slightly off the level without being killed by an insta-kil sector, its very frustraiting. Now, the yellow area should be changed to one big stair case, rather than zigzaging. The blue slippery are should have walls, not insta-kills. You need a wall near those windy areas, I thoked right through one, causing me to die. On top of that, a lot of your areas need to be widened to allow room for mistakes/shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back