Project Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid was designed to recognise that woman, her name, expressions, everything, now what would he do with another person? He would literally run out of words, altrough it´s a top quality device, there still needs to be a person doing the voice acting. And even if they could get trough that, game designers would be too lazy to put these features on.

They had Milo on the E3 show floor last year.

I'm not surprised it's only 2 player, can you imagine trying to fit 4 people into that lens view? Maybe a newer version with have 4 player, but hey, I don't care, I'll take it purely for the technical possibilities outside of the 360. =P

I'm not surprised it's only 2 player, can you imagine trying to fit 4 people into that lens view? Maybe a newer version with have 4 player, but hey, I don't care, I'll take it purely for the technical possibilities outside of the 360. =P

Wait a minute, remember that image I posted? Why the hell did they have 4 people when it could only support 2? O_o

Wait a minute, remember that image I posted? Why the hell did they have 4 people when it could only support 2? O_o

I think natal can support as many players as the developers see fit, but it varies with each game. Not entirely sure though.

Well, it could only be capable of tracking X objects at a time due to firmware/hardware/crapware issues. Developers wanting to have any more than X players would have to do it the old-fashioned way and switch which players to track every tic(or whatever time unit the engine uses).

It only registered the adults, if you had read the article related to said gif (evidently you did not) and the kids were basically being registered as their legs or something like that.

No, that wasn't my question.

I asked why did they have 4 people on the thing? I know they were registered as legs. The video/gameplay would of looked so much better if they didn't throw the kids in.

No, that wasn't my question.

I asked why did they have 4 people on the thing? I know they were registered as legs. The video/gameplay would of looked so much better if they didn't throw the kids in.

Because none of what the family chose to do was scripted, other than possibly the game choice.

Quote:
UK-based online retailer Play.com has listed the full technical specifications of Microsoft's upcoming Kinect, as provided by Microsoft.

While the system apparently tracks up to six people at a time, it is only capable of tracking two "active players."

We're not sure exactly how an "active player" is defined, but reading the specifications, the term is again used to describe the twenty-point skeleton tracking system and "ability to map players to Live Avatars," so it would appear that for all intents and purposes, only two people can play full-body Kinect games at a time.

The full spec sheet, courtesy Play.com, is below.

Sensor
Colour and depth-sensing lenses
Voice microphone array
Tilt motor for sensor adjustment
Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles
Field of View
Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees
Vertical field of view: 43 degrees
Physical tilt range: ± 27 degrees
Depth sensor range: 1.2m - 3.5m
Data Streams
320x240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec
640x480 32-bit colour@ 30 frames/sec
16-bit audio @ 16 kHz
Skeletal Tracking System
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
Tracks 20 joints per active player
Ability to map active players to Live Avatars
Audio System
Live party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox Live Gold Membership)
Echo cancellation system enhances voice input
Speech recognition in multiple

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180165

2 people confirmed

Ouch bump
The thing is getting more and more better! But some issues are still there.
32v6N.gif

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/video-physics-kinect/703804
Video Physics: Behold the power of the Kinect.

Obviously, this is showing erm, it needs to be more ironed out. I hope Microsoft fixes this by the time it comes out.

Well, yeah, if they decide to stand behind one behind the other, what do you expect? Expecting it not to cock up is expecting way too much of a consumer device, since it can't tell one hand from the other due to them being all mixed up from the camera's point of view. =P That test was deliberately done in poor conditions, wearing black t-shirts in bad lighting conditions, it's an incredibly biased video (then again, the comments are 90% PS3 Fanboys anyways, so maybe they're just tailoring to the audience).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back