Project Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move uses technology that moviemakers use.

Meaning, it has superior tech to the Wiimote. It also comes with a game and PlayStation Eye. STILL less then Natal.

I highly doubt that. I remember reading that Wii Motion Plus has 1:1 tracking. Oh, and as far as I know, Move is supposed to have 22 ms of lag. Which isn't too bad on its own, as that is around 1/45th of a second, which means as long as the game is running at 30fps(Which most console games do) you'll see it in the next frame. But factor in engine induced input latency and using a controller(Which is less precise than say a mouse for most of us) and that 22 ms lag becomes a problem. I leave you with this .gif.

themovelagslikehell2o.gif

Luis, I already posted a source.

I doubt the Motion Controls "Lagginess" will be a problem. Its probably faster then the Wiiremote and I'm totally fine with that.

My only doubt is why get this when there is the Wii that has a full library of games?

It wasn't a commercial.

I'll find the source. I'll have to ask some users on a different forum(They all know this too) for the source.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-playstation-move-article

I think you misinterpreted, it says tech, but tracking some light isn't really going to suddenly make it amazing just because it's used by movie makers.

Especially since that isn't made for simple work, movie makers don't just click and go, they have to tweak it manually, and they also don't use light sticks, they use black clothing and white ping pong balls. That technology is not made for use in real-time, really.

On a side note, sure this may be movie maker 'tech', but it's also something I can do in my bedroom with some coloured balls, open source software and a webcam.

Meaning, it has superior tech to the Wiimote. It also comes with a game and PlayStation Eye. STILL less then Natal.

What part of "Natal has far more advanced technology under it's belt" didn't you understand?

My only doubt is why get this when there is the Wii that has a full library of games?

Not everyone wants to perform acts to their Wiimote that look far from serious while playing some God awful tune (WiiMusic).

Last edited:
Keyword similar. Remember that Donkey Kong Country bragged their graphics used the same technology that Jurassic Park did.

"Wii games suck, only 5 games good"
You missed too many damn games.

Its not like Move/Natal will have tons of good games compared to the Wii.

What part of "Natal has far more advanced technology under it's belt" didn't you understand?
Its laggy as crap and looks tiring. I could care less about technology. If its so superior with, why does it already look worse then the Wii? Even when the Wii uses older technology?

Paying 150 dollars.. to do this?
6dzhc6.jpg

Last edited:
I just wish I could get the chance to try both ''add-ons'' and tell which is better. But the way the Natal looks, it looks like it's not that easy without a interactive support controller. The PlayStation move looks as if it can pull it off with a Eyetoy and interactive controller. (sigh) Guess I'll just wait until I find a difference.

They were playing the River game and the red ball game(Which showed signs of not reading their actions... lawl)

They were playing the River game and the red ball game(Which showed signs of not reading their actions... lawl)

Well considering they had told it there were only two people on screen, I'm not surprised it shows signs of that, since their children had taken the place of their legs.

Guys, Natal got an official name
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-14-vidgame14_ST_N.htm

USA Today got the exclusive. Also some games. Joyride will be for Natal, regardless of being shown last year and was suppose to come out months ago for 360.

•Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

•Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

•Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

•Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

Also, reminds me of that Eyetoy game:
7bSui.jpg

Now we know where they got the Natal idea.
Microsoft:Kinect

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

So basically what they've been demanding on the Wii for years, Microsoft is going to take up in one foul swoop, and probably convert those raging demanding Jedi addicts that want it so much on the Wii? I can't help but chuckle.

News from E3: Microsoft's Kinect will launch November 4, 2010 along with 15 titles compatible with it including the new Sonic Riders game. I better start saving up for this for mah birthday. From looking at a tester play the Kinetic, it looks mostly accurate. My favorite part of it was the woman dancing along perfectly in some game called Dance Central (I think that's the name of the game).

Last edited:
A lot of the launch titles are fitness games.
Sonic Riders was always meh.. and I'm assuming its going to be a hassle playing it with Kinect.

I think shes too close to the TV, bad for your eyes. :p

Hopefully, that isn't just hyping up the device on what it can do. Microsoft better put out some software that does something like that.

The kid was designed to recognise that woman, her name, expressions, everything, now what would he do with another person? He would literally run out of words, altrough it´s a top quality device, there still needs to be a person doing the voice acting. And even if they could get trough that, game designers would be too lazy to put these features on.

Actually,t he idea of somehow being able to recognize and remember someone is a pretty awesome display of AI. Milo himself seems more like a tech demo than anything else, but I'd rather see this kind of AI put into something else, like robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back