• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Prisima's Pixeled Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd honestly like to see the Facestabber guard from CEZ get a sprite revamp. The current sprites aren't bad, but seeing its cool design in a more polished art style would be interesting. That really loud turret shooter thingy could use a revamp too, if that wasn't already mentioned. That thing isn't super important though, as you rarely see it close up.

Y'know, FaceStabber's sprites are actually the prime example of sprites I don't want replaced. Besides, how can someone beat that dynamic af pose for the stabbing animation?

You know, the current recolor of the crawla seen in Prisima's avatar looks decent as some sort of elite crawla. Like something that would be electrified if it ran over electrified floors, without causing damage to itself.

You know, the current recolor of the crawla seen in Prisima's avatar looks decent as some sort of elite crawla. Like something that would be electrified if it ran over electrified floors, without causing damage to itself.
That's a good idea, and it'll probably make it into the Mechanical Invasion mod that me and a few others are working on.

Also, I took a shot at the Jetty like MotorRoach suggested. Feedback and criticism are appreciated.

final_front2.png

Also, I took a shot at the Jetty like MotorRoach suggested. Feedback and criticism are appreciated.

final_front2.png

Awesome work. The one on the right looks like the wasps from sonic 1, mainly on the colour design. The one on the left looks weird but the claws for the dispenser look intriguing. Great work

The sprite is well made, but I'm very bothered by their designs. Not only do they look weirdly composed in general, but I cannot stop seeing them as "slightly different buzz bombers". I still really like how well you've shaded both sprites, so I'd love to see something of that detailing being applied in a better design for the Jetty Syns.

Personally speaking, I'd love to see you spriting DrTapeworm's Jetty Syn designs. They have great designs, although the contrast of the shading is a little too strong at some parts (mainly the heads):

cmIVDnc.png

That's a good idea, and it'll probably make it into the Mechanical Invasion mod that me and a few others are working on.

final_front2.png

These look amazing. Might need a bit more of shading, IMO.
I really need these; vanilla's Jetty-syns are tbh ugly to me.

To be honest, I think the boosters on the side look ugly in their design, with the gap in the rings connecting to them... That is just me though, and bears no judgement on the great sprite work done to create the sprites.

Why would they need jet boosters if they had wings anyway?

I'll agree with MotorRoach: DrTapeworm's designs for the Jetty-Syns are incredibly good and I'd prefer if Prisima sprited those instead.

I tried spriting DrTapeworm's (formerly EvilEternity) Jetty-Syn designs. Note that only the last one was sprited by me, and the first two were sprited by him. I only made minor shading improvements on the first two.

jetty_3_test.png

That's looking really nice there. I only think that the arm looks a tad simplistic on the side sprite, so to make it look less basic, you could give it a shoulder part to connect the body and the arm a little better. Also, I just noticed on the front diagonal sprite that the top of the body(?) has a different bright green color than on the front sprite.

One last thing that feels extremely off is the bottom of the robot. Given that it's the part where they drop their bombs at the player, it looks extremely tiny compared to how big the bombs themselves actually are:

7eKhX8K.png

To be honest I don't mind the design for Prisima's or Evil's design choices for the Jetty-Syns. I'm happy with either designs. Like what Zero said Prisima, I think you need a bit more shading and lighting.

I actually prefer Prisma's design on the Jetty-Syns over DrTaperworm's. The eyes on Prisma's make them look almost menacing whereas DrTapeworm's only makes them look mad...and not menacing.

After, the new one:
GlaringEachBuckeyebutterfly.gif

The number 2 in the title looks a bit... off. As in, it doesn't suit the rest of the font. Besides that, nice improvements.

Edit: the lighting on sonic's head changes colour. Might want to touch that up

Last edited:
Looks much nicer. I like how his arm is bent now instead of being all straight. But yeah, you should fix that problem with the lighting on Sonic's head changing color.

And also the problem with the center of rotation being a bit further along the arm than the elbow. An elbow doesn't move a bit up and down along one's upper arm when one rotates one's lower arm. (Also, is the elbow supposed to be that much higher up in the frame before the loop than in the loop?)

And also the problem with the center of rotation being a bit further along the arm than the elbow. An elbow doesn't move a bit up and down along one's upper arm when one rotates one's lower arm. (Also, is the elbow supposed to be that much higher up in the frame before the loop than in the loop?)

Even though the animation in here isn't perfect, what you're talking about is pure rubbish. It's not impossible to keep your elbow up and then move it down-- heck, it's a pretty natural motion, even, and changing it to what you said would make it outright worse.

Last edited:
I've updated the title screen design so it looks more like the 2.2 Sonic.

Before:
CautiousPracticalHalcyon.gif

After, the new one:
GlaringEachBuckeyebutterfly.gif

Neat, Sonic no longer looks like he's multi-tasking between looking at you, wagging his finger and trying to touch the sun anymore. Awesome work. Hope to see more things like this from you, Prisima!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back