Previeuw of my mod : SRB2B (New downloadlink!)

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The match maps have yet to be removed, the textures still need to be, those springs came from my terrible "SF94.wad" mod. The springs I ripped from an SA2 screen shot (I hated it >.>).

And the match maps(again) are very old, I need to take them out still. It'll be a little better (In your eyes) once the stuff that shouldn't be there, is removed. Once that happens, we should have a few more maps in.

EDIT: I checked again, and we don't have any SA-SRB2 patches. Those two GFZ and CEZ rock textures are already in SRB2. And for the waterfall, I took the BFALL texture and renamed it. Also there are no SA-SRB2 flats, those are also already in SRB2. ( I Don't remember why we replaced them ether...)

Mystic Realm isn't finished entirely. It's kinda like an MMORPG that gets occasionally updated.

Anywho, those screens look good, but bring back the old HUD.

SonicFreak, GFZROCK2 and CEZWALL2 are in BECUASE of SA-SRB2. Just because they're "included" in SRB2 already, arranging them like Blaze did is rather fishy, don't you think?

Also, if the match maps needed to be "removed", why were they there in the first place?

I'm smelling a J-man Kart / Ultra Mod repeat here...

I said:
If you want something done right, there is no choice but to do it yourself.

Thats why there are so few good mods, and even fewer good collaborative mods for SRB2...

BlueZero4 said:
SonicFreak94, GFZROCK2 and CEZWALL2 are in BECUASE of SA-SRB2. Just because they're "included" in SRB2 already, arranging them like Blaze did is rather fishy, don't you think?

Also, if the match maps needed to be "removed", why were they there in the first place?

Because my computer was having some serious issues and I needed the maps there for backup purposes. And yes I see your point, the textures will be removed.

Can you just accept our word that this is being worked on, and your just going to have to learn to stop being such a critic and accept it, after all, we are the ones making it, and it does have its differences to SA2B, so get over it please

Connor, you seriously expect me to just sit back and believe someone's making a 7 zone mod with custom music and original textures? This forum has never allowed anything without proof of work. I expect you to know that.

Well, you "Expect" too much, it is getting done, you've been given that much, we are all doing our bit to get it done, and a lot of it is still in progress, some of it isnt even started, but everyone is doing something, well, maybe not Zuper, not sure about him, but it is getting done, and I am fully aware of the rules too

Connor, I don't expect you to make progress. I expect you to prove the progress that you're taking credit for. Just blatantly saying that you're making progress won't do anything for you.

And SF94, that's nice. Unless I have a download link, I can't say anything about his maps.

He was making his own opinion of it, and I suggest that you dont make a fully thought out one until the mod is done

He's not making an opinion. He's telling you that he doesn't expect anything from others if they don't provide screenshots. If you don't give us any proof that you're making progress, then all we have to say is "pix or gtfo".

He's also made, in your words, "a fully thought out opinion", because he can only make an opinion based on what you give him. If all you can give him is "It's being worked on", then all he can give you is "I can't say anything good about this." And right he is, and yes, he should tell you to give better proof. Your word alone is not a good reason for anyone to expect this to be good.

Seriously, back up your claims with something solid.

Okay, we'll provide some screenshots when we're past their beta stages and some more things have been added, we'll post some more, but until then, just wait, it coming though, we need to post good things, not things that are still in progress, but if you just want things that are only even a bit done, we can post screens for them

I'm currently working at the racetracks. Is there something else i need to do?

Oh, and the screenshots are lookin good, in my opinion.

Well, first of all, you need them to be just like Sonic and Shadows tracks, don't include the Board and grinding races, and make sure to check with SF94 ad Warpshade to see if their good enough quality, because Im very happy with Waroshades work, so thats why I want you to check with him to see if he thinks it would be a close enough match to the ectual stage, and SF94 as head of levels

It is good to see you guys are making progress. I do not really care if there is not any screenshots. I will just check daily and wait without any complaints. Perhaps everyone else should also? Anyway I am back from South Carolina so I have calmed down a little bit. All I can say is good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back