Pokemon Heartgold & Soul Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violo for sure you need a stronger Ice type move or a stronger Ice type pokemon. You should start by leveling up that Piloswine of yours also try to find a pokemon that can learn dragon type moves it will help a lot. I remeber teaching dragon claw to one of my pokemon except I can't remeber which one.

The Pokeathlon Dome for 1000 points.
Anyways got in march and I already beat Red :P
GB Sounds is Awfully Awesome!

Unfortunately you don't find many stones in Johto & Kanto unless you win the bug catching contest and do pokewalker courses.

To be honest, I'd go for powder snow, although it is not one of the best Ice moves, but it has 100% accuracy and it has a 10% freeze rate until you eventually find TM13 Ice Beam or buy the TH14 Blizzard in Goldenrod Department Store. I did that until I got TM14, and eventually TM13 and it helps big time, so until then I'd stick with Powder Snow.

Now to answer these in order.
@Metal Fighter: I don't learn another Ice move until level 56 and it's Blizzard, I don't want to level it to 56. And I'm too far to try and train my Red Gyarados. And I don't believe you can find the Dragon Claw TM yet, well in the original games. :\ Yes, I'm playing HGSS.

@Snowyfox: Well then, looks like I'm skipping on Mamoswine for the moment.

@Hyperknux: Yeah, I know. Just wondering if there were places you could buy some, I researched and I think you can buy them in the Pokeathlon Dome. And they also changed the Bug Catching Contest prizes. :<
And Powder Snow pails in comparison to Ice Shard. It attacks people first and it uses the physical attack power my Piloswine has. I'm better off going with ICy Wind with Ice Shard behind me. I can't remember the accuracy of Blizzard, but isn't it 70 or something/
*researches*

Thank you for your critique, and hopefully if I play again I'll try to take these into thought.

Since I can't seem to get a Flychu from the Yellow Forest, I am willing to trade for someones Flychu. Just list the Pokemon/Item that you want, and I'll see if I have it.

Unfortunately no you can't get yellow forest anymore, but there is another event. The Winner's Path event is on and only obtainable through Wifi. I already have both events so I don't have to worry. Oh and I have a flychu. They are very hard to get but you have to keep trying. You'll find one in the end all you need is patience.

I got a Mewtwo :D but my problem is the moves.
I only have Guard Swap left,Any suggestions?I'm going for a Special move.

I got winner's path. I also have the 7th badge.

Pokealthons are so awesome! Way better then those boring contests. (Keep the dancing minigame...)

I finally snagged Soul Silver a few days back, and by jove, it's probably one of my favorite games of all time. There's so much to do.

I think I'm taking the opposite approach from most people here in that I don't care if my 'mons are underleveled by the time I reach Red. I'm taking my sweet time and catching all the wild Pokemon I can to complete my Pokedex, all the while training my defult team of six. Here's my six battle-purpose Pokemon, as far as the Burned Town events:

Quilava, lvl. 25, equiped with Shell Bell
Quick Attack
Dig
Smoke Screen
Flame Wheel

Weepinbell, lvl. 25, equiped with Miracle Seed
Vine Whip
Acid
Wrap
Sleep

Graveler, lvl. 25
Tackle
Defense Curl
Magnitude
Rollout

Flaaffy, lvl. 25, equiped with Magnet
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Shock
Thunder Wave
(I really want to diversify Flaaffy's offensive moveset into other types of attacks. This is kind of bugging me)

Togetic, lvl. 24
Rock Smash
Charm
Extrasensory
Sweet Kiss

Slowpoke, lvl. 25, equiped with Quick Claw (lol)
Surf
Yawn
Headbutt
Confusion

My main priority now is to get some TM's that'll bestow some new offensive move-types to make my party more well-rounded (as it stands now, my party is particularly inept at dealing with Psychic Pokemon. Even dealing with a common Drowsee is a bit of a chore), perhaps with one or two Dark, Steel, Ice, Ghost, or Flying moves.

Other than evolving my Pokemon to their final states, is there anything serious I've overlooked so far?

The game was fairly easy for me to complete. All I have left to do is get a 100 battle streak in the Battle Tower then I'm done!! I traded my team from platinum onto soul silver. My team is pretty strong and diverse so I probably will have the game finished by the end of this week.

No wonder, you have your ultimate team already trained. :p

Well, I'm on the 8th gym badges. Going to get one of my Diamond pokemon for help.
Edit:Actually, I might just use my Pokemon Battle Revoultion Mystery Gift thing again to get a lightning level 50 electric thingy.

Last edited:
Actually I just traded my team onto soul silver 2 days ago. I'm still leveling up my soul silver team and right now they are at level 87.

16 badges total. The ones from kanto and the ones from johto. After you're done with that try beating the elite 4 and then pokemon trainer red.

The hell? Since when did anyone care about the story in the main series games? They're really just side events to make the game more interesting and to distract you from the hourly grinding till you get to the next leader or area. Though one would agree that they could of spiced up Kanto with something interesting than just some nostalgic atmosphere but with yearly change...

Lets grind level 2 pidgeys!
But seriously, Kanto is just pointless. Its been 10 years and they could of had something to throw in to make the experience new. Its just dead grass and some legendaries.

Yay! -_-

Lets grind level 2 pidgeys!
But seriously, Kanto is just pointless. Its been 10 years and they could of had something to throw in to make the experience new. Its just dead grass and some legendaries.

Yay! -_-

...isn't that EXACTLY what Johto has? Land, and legendaries?

It actually had a story. It also has the Battle Tower place and Pokealthon.

Thing is, Kanto had it's story. And the Battle Frontier is a lazy port from Platinum; most of the trainers still use DPPt sprites on the overworld and HGSS sprites in battle. And the Pokeathelon stops having a purpouse in less than an hour.

Imagine you buying Leafgreen and finding out all you could do is grind and beat the gym leaders in one hour.

Isn't that all you did in LeafGreen? Except it was about 4 or 5 hours instead? Hell, isn't that what EVERY pokemon game is? The "story" is just a prolonged buildup to the multiplayer/postgame collect-a-thon.

I have nothing left to do on this game except wait for the pokemon events. After that I will cease to play this game.

Isn't that all you did in LeafGreen? Except it was about 4 or 5 hours instead? Hell, isn't that what EVERY pokemon game is? The "story" is just a prolonged buildup to the multiplayer/postgame collect-a-thon.
Except the story was actually fun. It was also longer then 4-5 hours.

Come on, you have to admit. After a 10 year remake, they could of added something to Kanto other then a legendary. Not everyone plays to catch all pokemon. Some actually play for story, or even both.

Last edited:
But Kanto has it's story. Since it's the place where the "legendary" trainer Red grew to fame, it has it's own story that is done and over with. There are a few side things such as the stray Team Rocket Member, Rival fight, Red backstory, and various legendaries. Sure, it is not as expansive with its story as Johto, but why should it? What's going to happen? Kanto is where all the strongest trainers come, or in other words, its an expansion of the post content of P/D/Pt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back