Pokemon Heartgold & Soul Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat red a couple days ago. One of my friends let me borrow his emerald version, then he moved so I get to keep it. He had a level 100 manectric that makes running through the E4 for some levels much easier. Now I'll be able to get those pokemon that you need to evolve to high levels in my dex, like tyranitar.

I defeated Red a few days ago after a gruelling match against my Lv 60+ team. Was epic though.

I now have a Lv 60 Alakazam with Psychic, Calm Mind, Theif, and Drain Punch. Also training a Steelix can be annoying at times especially for it's horrible peed & physical stats, though it's base defense is AMAZING at 200, only to be beaten by Shuckle with a base defense stat of 230. 2nd highest out of all the pokes. Find some flying & fire targets with the rock moves that my Shiny Steelix (Yes the Shiny Onix I caught in a random encounter is now a Shiny Steelix) would be best choice for me.

That is pretty cool. Though, they can't be traded to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum right?

Surely they should be able to be traded to those versions? The pokemon traded from HG/SS to D/P/Pt have their location listed as "Johto", so why shouldn't the HG/SS pokeballs be able to be traded to them?

I don't think the pokeball sprites are in D/P/PL. People would of found that out when it was originally released by now.

They did hint this game a few times in D/P/PL(begining talks about red gyarados, Jhoto gym leader appears right before the elite 4, ect) so I think its a safe guess they would work...

Last edited:
Finally finished the National Pokedex. Now working to find the shiny leaves and to see if I can get a 100 battle streak at the battle tower.

I have all older game versions just so you know that I didn't cheat.

Last edited:
*sigh*
I haven't even beaten Clair yet, I like to level every Pokemon so that they're equal, i think that's why I'm failing.

This is my team.

Quilz (My Typhlosion) Lv. 40
Moves- Quick Attack, Flame Wheel (always loved this move), Swift and Lava Plume

Ghet (My Togetic) Lv. 36
Moves- AncientPower, Fly, Extrasensory and Metronome

Scout (My Furret) Lv. 32
Moves- Cut (want Quick Attack but it's a HM sooo), Slam, Thunder and Rest

Pilo (My Poliwhirl) Lv. 33
Moves- Surf, Body Slam, Hypnosis, Mud Shot

Bell (My Weepinbell) Lv. 31
Moves- Vine Whip, Acid, Wrap, Sleep Powder

Swub (My Piloswine) Lv. 33
Moves- Icy Wind, Ice Shard, Take Down, Mud Bomb

Ugh. Where can I find Heart Scales in HGSS before the Elite Four? So um, can you guys rate my team to see what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
*sigh*
I haven't even beaten Clair yet, I like to level every Pokemon so that they're equal, i think that's why I'm failing.

This is my team.

Ghet (My Togetic) Lv. 36

Scout (My Furret) Lv. 32

Ugh. Where can I find Heart Scales in HGSS before the Elite Four? So um, can you guys rate my team to see what I'm doing wrong.

IIRC, you can only get the Heart Scale by the Pick Up ability with the pokemon who has the ability having a high level, or on the pokewalker (can't remember the course)

I would say the team's alright though Icy Wind is a horrible ice move, although it decreases the speed by 1 level, it's just a really weak ice move. If you are going to use Ice moves, Avalanche is definetely one of the most handiest Ice moves, especially when it hits you before hand on the same turn = double the power. I would also recommend to evolve some of your team (Poliwhirl & Weepinbell) for them to stand a chance against the E4, unless you are training to get good moves before you evolve them.

Trust me, its good.
Every game I only have 2 pokemon that I level. The starter and usually some random bird. Once those faint, I'm screwed.

The secret is diversity. You must have patience to catch and raise different types of pokemon. Trust me I've been doing this for 6 years and it has worked for me a lot. Also always save your game before battling a gym leader. That way if you lose you don't lose any money.

The secret is diversity. You must have patience to catch and raise different types of pokemon. Trust me I've been doing this for 6 years and it has worked for me a lot. Also always save your game before battling a gym leader. That way if you lose you don't lose any money.

Uuuuuuh...
I've been doing that too. And I've been playing for around eight years. I still have my crusty old Pokemon Blue. :\
If you've seen my team, I've been raising different Pokemon.

Also, Hyperknux, it was either Icy Wind or Powder Snow, which one would you choose? And the whole evolving thing is hard to do when you only have a Moon Stone.

Autosaver, heh, did the same thing in Diamond and Pearl, wow was I screwed.

Violo for sure you need a stronger Ice type move or a stronger Ice type pokemon. You should start by leveling up that Piloswine of yours also try to find a pokemon that can learn dragon type moves it will help a lot. I remeber teaching dragon claw to one of my pokemon except I can't remeber which one.

*sigh*

This is my team.

Ghet (My Togetic) Lv. 36

Scout (My Furret) Lv. 32

The Pokeathlon Dome for 1000 points.
Anyways got in march and I already beat Red :P
GB Sounds is Awfully Awesome!

Also, Hyperknux, it was either Icy Wind or Powder Snow, which one would you choose? And the whole evolving thing is hard to do when you only have a Moon Stone.

Unfortunately you don't find many stones in Johto & Kanto unless you win the bug catching contest and do pokewalker courses.

To be honest, I'd go for powder snow, although it is not one of the best Ice moves, but it has 100% accuracy and it has a 10% freeze rate until you eventually find TM13 Ice Beam or buy the TH14 Blizzard in Goldenrod Department Store. I did that until I got TM14, and eventually TM13 and it helps big time, so until then I'd stick with Powder Snow.

Whats so special about heart scales? I think I have a huge stock of them in Emerald...? :O
newpokemonstarter.png

Starters
New (currently unconfirmed, but high probability of being true) info posted on Serebii.

- Tsutaajya is the Grass Snake Pokemon.

- Pokabu is the Fire Pig Pokemon.

- Mijyumaru is the Sea Otter Pokemon.

- Zoroark has the ability Illusion, which allows it to transform into various Pokemon.
- Two new attacks: Trickery, a move that does damage based off of the opponent's stats, and Claw Sharpen, raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats.

- The event triggered by the special shiny Raikou, Entei, and Suicune allows you to fight a Lv.25 Zoroark who will transform into them; it will periodically break its transformation, and you can only catch it during this time. (IMO, this suggests that Zoroark might be an Event Pokemon)

Also, HOLY CRAP the girl's shorts are really short.
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

:O....

Wrong... oh crap.

Oh well... I'm guessing these pokemon won't be able to trade/battle with HG/SS users?

Last edited:
None of the pokemon from Black and White will be able to be traded to any of the older pokemon versions thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back