Pokemon coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonic260 said:
Jellybones69 said:
Earuto said:
If they were to make another generatino of Pokemon, they would also make another season and have trouble coming up with a name.

Who says they'll have trouble coming up with a name?

Well they have used almost every available name for the main handheld series:

Blue
Red
Yellow
(Has there ever been a Pokemon Green besides on the GBA?)
Gold
Silver
Crystal
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Firered
Leafgreen
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum

You can pretty much see where I'm going with this. Every game has been named after a specific Color or Jewel.

I see where you are coming from, but the names of the titles aren't limited to colors or jewels. I see Earuto's point now, though.

Guys..there's way more jewels and colors.

Like topaz,Opal,Garnet,ETC

And don't get me started on colors...just buy a Crayola 64 crayon box.

Chaos Knux said:
sonic260 said:
(Has there ever been a Pokemon Green besides on the GBA?)
Japanese Blue Version Title. Thank you.[/nerd]

Wrong. In Japan Version Blue was a special edition. their first two versions were Red and Green, then Blue then Yellow. Everywhere else got Red Blue and Yellow and the better sprites that version blue brought with it.

I still keep saying they should trim it down to the original 150 (+Mew) and actually improve the core gameplay, rather than creating more stupid little buggers to fill my Pokedex with. The last Pokemon game I played (Fire Red) pretty much played out exactly the same as any other Pokemon game before it, albiet a few fancy bells and whistles.

Mystic said:
However, I don't play those. I play the main series games because I really enjoy the deep strategy gameplay, especially against other human players

I wholeheartedly agree that fighting against other human players has a great deal of strategy and depth. However, I cannot say so much for the single player game itself. CPU trainers still make unintelligent moves with Pokemon who are plowed under effortlessly by repeating the same move on any single powerful Pokemon.

:SonicMaster: said:
The thing is, in a real-time battle, you could probably keep several of the strategic elements, as well as create some new ones.

I see what you mean, but don't you think it will just give away the Pokemon feel. Besides Nintendo doesn't even have the intellgence to think of something like that.

OK, look, Earuto. In the anime, Pokémon battles are portrayed as real-time. Did that kill the Pokémon feel? No, it didn't.

Trimming it down to 150 isn't a problem, but Jazz, trimming it down to the original 150 would be failure, as that would eliminate Lucario.

Not to sound like I hate Lucario but really I do. he's just not a Pokemon who has a lot of talent if you ask me.

I say just stick with the 700 or something they already have. Making it real time, they could still stick with many of the strategy elements, like the basic Water>Fire>Grass thing, and the other things in it.

Earuto said:
If they were to make another generatino of Pokemon, they would also make another season and have trouble coming up with a name. I honestly think they should just make a Pokemon game where you can go to all of the regions. You start and Kanto then go to Johto, you guys see where I'm going with this.
That's exactly what I've been thinking only instead you choose where to start.

Supersonic2p3 said:
Earuto said:
If they were to make another generatino of Pokemon, they would also make another season and have trouble coming up with a name. I honestly think they should just make a Pokemon game where you can go to all of the regions. You start and Kanto then go to Johto, you guys see where I'm going with this.

Unless they did the entire story plot from all four regions. As much as I really want to play in Johto, I'm not looking forward to starting everything over. And if Nintendo really did make a version like this based on the anime, they would have to mix pokemon locations around for all 4 generations.

Script for the e-commercial:

Out in Japan Christmas 2013! New Pokemon GlitterGold and SterlingSilver! The fans have spoken, and their cries were heard! New features will include:
  • Take a picture of yourself, and the game will animate it automatically into your in-game avatar!
    Voice Control!
    Once the Pokèdex is completed, you can attach your Nintendo DS to the Pokèbeam (Sold Separately) and materialize your Pokèmon into reality!

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they went backwards a bit, what with older generations and remakes. They did FireRed and LeafGreen, who's to stop them?

On another note, I don't see why they can't simply use the current ones, cut it down to 150 (IE, Hoenn starters, Johto Legendaries, etc; etc.) and make a new island along with new Gyms, stories and side-stories.

sonic260 said:
Supersonic2p3 said:
Earuto said:

Unless they did the entire story plot from all four regions. As much as I really want to play in Johto, I'm not looking forward to starting everything over. And if Nintendo really did make a version like this based on the anime, they would have to mix pokemon locations around for all 4 generations.

^ this hundreds of times. This is one pokemon game I wished to have to combine all for islands with one fatass plot & adventure. Catching the pokemon may be a mission, but there has to be somewhere to get past that solution.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were coming to an end. They've done very well for the past 14 years, and I hope they don't screw it up now by creating more & more crappy ones. I personally think 4 is enough, but I'll stay one for 1 more if they ever do one.

sonic260 said:
Jellybones69 said:
I see where you are coming from, but the names of the titles aren't limited to colors or jewels.
We know this but I listed the main pokemon games.

We can use a crayola 120 crayon box and take elements from the periodic table of elements. Pokemon Ununbium, anyone? When we run out of those, Nintendo will spend millions to discover new ones.

luis90 said:
sonic260 said:
Jellybones69 said:
I see where you are coming from, but the names of the titles aren't limited to colors or jewels.
We know this but I listed the main pokemon games.

We can use a crayola 120 crayon box and take elements from the periodic table of elements. Pokemon Ununbium, anyone? When we run out of those, Nintendo will spend millions to discover new ones.

I thinking since you know combining all the Pokemon islands together it would be Pokemon Rainbow or whatever combined jewels are called. One version is Rainbow and the other is whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back