Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the new Pokemon I've seen thus far either seem really uninspired (Crocodile Pokemon... Check. Pigeon Pokemon... Check...) or just seem far too busy and detailed for me to like them. This is a problem I've had with the legendaries of this generation, as well as all the Pokemon unveiled today. It's the same design choice that kinda turned me off of Digimon.

Still, three-on-three battles sound pretty cool.

Last edited:
bwtoy1.jpg

bwtoy2.jpg

Erm... the designs aren't too interesting. (TWO NEW pokemon)

The first one looks pretty funny to be honest.

There is also a chance these toys won't be exactly the same as the final designs. (Many Sonic toys model the character models but there can be extra "cuteness" thrown in)

Aside from the starters, the pokemon are really uninteresting- but I'm sure they are just showing off the ones that will be extremely common in the games. I think the crocodile, gears, and the pink thing will evolve into interesting things, though.

Man, these games get more and more uninspired each generation.

I wonder how many more it's gonna take for the fans to realize that.

Half the people I talked to in a pokemon IRC chatroom realized that the games are getting less and less original.

Can't do much more with 400+ pokemon though, so I say meh.

I think it might be this gen. Tons of people think the designs so far so suck. There are also many more to come.

This new Pokemon game seems to be a huge jump. Its actually taking advantage of the DS hardware and adding new mechanics to the Pokemon world.

"All the time" lolno

Anyways, I just post a bunch of news I find on sites. Usually, all of it is right and confirmed. Though, some users may post it as confirmed and then I post it as confirmed.

Edit: Just checked the serebii website.
"HIGHLY likely to be real"

Last edited:

I haven't played the series since Pokemon Yellow. I was hoping that Pokemon Black/White would be a good time for me to come back to the series. To me almost all of the designs after Mew look strange, but I still like some of them... particularly the gear pokemon... but that's just because I'm a newbie. I've been away from the series too long to know a bad design when I see it.

Come to think of it.... the first 150 pokemon looked strange too. I distinctly remember hating the designs of Exeggcutor (really strange leap from the egg pokemon), Jinx (uglier than Mr Mime), Farfetch'd (Pidgey clone without evolutions), Omastar (boring for a fossil pokemon), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back