Opengl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering why opengl and videos keep working slow though.

On the hp media center pc, there were 120 gb of free space.

Prime 2.0 said:
My computer only has 14 gb in total memory.

Umm, 14 GB of memory is a lot. 14 GB of disk space is not. I'd be amazed if someone could make a PC with 14 GB of memory. Today's computers can only have up to 4. Get your computer terms straight!

I'm still wondering why opengl and videos keep working slow though.

Did you install the drivers? They're around a few megs, so your computer will definitely manage. If you've installed the correct drivers and it's still going slow, then it's time to get a new video card.

If you aren't sure if your nVidia drivers are installed, look in the system tray for the nVidia logo (It's a green and white eye, you hardware know-nothing!).

XD.

One of my computers has 256Mb of memory, and a 2.8Ghz P4 processor, it bites off more than it can chew x.x, but i'm gonna upgrade it to 1Gb sooner or later, my other has 512Mb of memory and a 1.6Ghz AMD sempron 2800+, which outperforms the other by miles.

And, memory=RAM
Disk space=HDD

I could just go-on about all these computer terms x.x.

FoxBlitzz said:
Umm, 14 GB of memory is a lot. 14 GB of disk space is not. I'd be amazed if someone could make a PC with 14 GB of memory. Today's computers can only have up to 4. Get your computer terms straight!

The new 64bit systems can address up to 17,179,869,184 GB. Or something like that, if I did my calc correctly (2^64).

I really need to think about getting an AMD64!

Or amybe, if there is a processor that supports the socket used by mine, a sempron 64 or something, i wonder...*googles*

Yeah, though Windows XP can handle a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. A different OS might have larger limits.

Yeah, that's cuz WinXP is 32-bit.

The x64 version of WinXP can address up to 20gb (pansy).

A decent graphics card, i've seen good results with 64Mb 300/350Mhz hercules 3D prophet card.

32Mb is the minimum thats worth considering.

SRB2 only needs about a 16mb card, really. Zim's base is probably the only memory-hungry map.

Yeah, really; those textures are CRAZY huge.

Hmm... stupid thought, but I wonder what it'd look like on a REALLY REALLY REALLY high-end computer, with all sorts of anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering turned on (ie: override the software, if possible)?

I need to try that, not now though, the computer that i'm using now has a crap grphics chip...

God, I hate onboard vid cards. Luckily, I can run OGL on a high setting, but still. I can't change mine, if I were to need to. D:

And i have 256Mb card, hah.

But you might want to know the GPU clock speed, the port speed of the slot the card is in, and the memory speed of the card, was the GeForce 6100 range about 500Mhz or something?

I think AGP 8x has a bandwidth of about 1.6Gb/s and PCIE 16x has about 3.3Gb/s.

but opengl still works slow though, it freezes on every frame at least.
Which one of you has the highest video card size?
how much speed does a 128 mb video card have?

Maybe the processor could be affecting the overall performance of the card, my frien used to have a 750Mhz proccessor with 128Mb graphics card and it was crap in opengl.

The GPU must be slow then, with graphics cards the memory is not the only factor that you should take into consideration, try updating the drivers or something by downloadng them from the manufacturers website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back