Opengl

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox.dx2

SRB2 keeps sticking at every few frames when I play srb2 in opengl.
I'm wondering why this happens.
OGLLOG.txt says it runs at Nb frames: 4522 ; Nb sec: 490.12 ->9.2 fps.

Get a better video card. Or turn down your video settings to the very grotesquely lowest level. (With ATI and nVidia you don't have to do this. ;) )

You rip your onboard video a new one. And buy a new video card. If not, you could set the screen resolution to 320x200, turn off all texture filtering, fog, lighting, along with any other settings, set the field-of-view to 0 degrees, and set the draw distance to 0.0000001. That would make the game run faster, but you wouldn't be able to see anything with the tiny draw distance and field-of-view. In short: onboard video is a disgrace to society! How on earth did you get so ripped off like that?

My video card is an ATI Radeon X1800 series. It means I don't have to pull the settings all the way down, but rather, all the way up.

Mine is an NVIDIA Ge force 4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation)
Opengl works better with this card if you have a lot of free space on your computer.
Plus, we have Celeron D this time.
I like being on pentium 4 more often because it's system is somewhat better with video games.

NVIDIA Ge force 4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation)

Um... nVidia isn't run by Microsoft. And that card kind of sucks. It sucks more when it's onboard. And you spell it "GeForce".

That's the driver, it's labelled Microsoft because it's the driver that comes with Windows (which, if you recall, is property of Microsoft).

Its a bad idea to buy a computer that has onboard graphics, unless it has some decent expansion slots for graphics cards, my computer has its graphics onbaord, but it has a AGP 8x slot and a PCIE 16x as well, plus two standard PCI slots. :D

PCI Express 16x is a good port. It is a very good port. It runs very fast, especially with geometry. In DarkBASIC Pro, I can have 5000 polygons at an insane 3300 FPS. With a monumental 725,000 polygons I get 59 FPS.

Shuffle said:
Is anything over 100 really even neccessary? >_>

Not really, it's just there to give headroom so that slowdowns occur less often.

Neo Chaotikal said:
That's the driver, it's labelled Microsoft because it's the driver that comes with Windows (which, if you recall, is property of Microsoft).

Actually, I'd bet that's the cause of your problems, fox.dx2. Most hardware performs poorly or has limited functionality unless the correct drivers are installed. Try going over to www.nvidia.com to download the latest drivers.

Speaking of drivers, I'm actually quite surprised how stable these ATI Catalyst drivers are. I've heard things about how unstable they are, but I suppose that really isn't true.

60 gig is more than enough for anything, i remember having trouble on how to fill a 10gb hard disk.

...and now i have 160gb one. :P

HAH! 60 gb? That's a good amount of free space. My computer only has 14 gb in total memory. And about 7 of those GBs are free. I have to use my mom's computer because of that, and that's not even taking into account all the other things that are bad about my computer. Trust me; you are very, very, lucky.

My hardrive is still midget compared to some of the ones available...

2TB

But i got the hard drive of my choice, plus everything else, i chose the pieces of my computer, instaed of buying one shop-built one, i built it. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back