Status
Not open for further replies.
For effort or for content?

And I was about to complain about how Spazz forgot me on that list when I realized when he made that, he hadn't seen me in action :p.

I'm not saying I'm uberness incarnate, but hell, I wipe the floor with most (read: all) of the third person keyboard using newbies, and I do well against some of the better ones as well.

I just use both the keyboard and the mouse, and i switch between first and third person.

*killed by sniper-hating people*

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Yeah, I've switched to the mouse :E

But still no strafe. I've tried using it and honestly can't see the point.

How can you not see the point of strafe?! It lets you sidestep to avoid stuff! And it also lets you fine-tune your turning! How can you not like it? If I couldn't strafe, I'd get incredibly frustrated with the crappy controls and my head would explode in anger.

I used to take pride in the fact that I was primarily a 3rd person keyboard player, but at this point, I'm almost entirely dependant on WASD + mouse in 1st person. In match, at least; 3rd person + keyboard for everything else.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
But still no strafe. I've tried using it and honestly can't see the point.
Also, you suck, so your opinion is null.

I think i have probably got the oddest setup here.

I use first person with mouselook, using arrow keys to move, mouse1 to shoot, mouse2 to jump and mouse 3 to spin.

I use third person for everything else, and the occasional n00b thrashing, with Z, X, and C for jump, spin, and shoot.

WASD and mouse. I use right click for jump, which hurts my normal ring throwing ability, which is set to E. But right click on jump makes flying a lot easier, which helps more anyday than the secondary ring throw button.

I've played it with the gamepad before though.
+third person.
I had to uninstall it on my pc at home, i'm at school right now.
I don't think they'll let me download and play srb2 here.

This has drifted off-topic, if there ever was one.

Anyway, I use my left hand on the keyboard for the various controls and my right on the mouse to aim and move (left/right clicks set to forward/backpedal). In Co-op and Race, however, my right hand goes to the arrows since I need my character's movement to be more precise and have no need for aiming.

How in the hell did this get bumped? I mean, why post in an old topic on the second page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back