Oi FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topics aren't locked by saying "Lock"; most boards have some sort of Topic Commands section that only Mods and Admins can access where they can lock and delete topics.

I think. >>

EDIT: Now that I look, the Delete Post button is on the left hand side of the main bar on posts that re your own...maybe there's a lock button around the same position on first posts of topics...

Oh well, it's not for me to dwell on.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean. o.o

I realise that I usually trail on and make my posts confusing as hell...

But if by that you mean round off your posts, I think I did pretty much round that post off. >>

Unless you mean "Fit it all into the post and don't edit", in which case I didn't notice the Delete button until after I posted it, and I don't like to double post. =P

Look, topics don't NEED to be locked when they are dumb, just don't post in them it's not like you can't see them after they've been locked.
*takes a deep breath and walks away*

</rant>

Alrighty, first off, the way the controls work is much simpler than that. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see something similar to this without the buttons:

modcontrol.gif

Those little buttons under the "Watch this topic for replies" allow me to delete, move, lock, and split the topic.

Other the other topic of why this topic isn't locked. Topics that are over do not need to be locked. Topics are locked when leaving them open would be detrimental to the forums. If you do not want a topic to live anymore, stop talking and it will eventually end up dying by normal movement down the topic list.

The reason I always say "Lock." when I lock a topic is to make it clear that I was the one who locked it, and the reason above is the reason it was locked. Because it's possible for another mod or admin to reply to a locked topic, it's important to say that I locked it to help people know where the topic was locked. Saying "Lock." will not lock a topic, and whoever created a topic does not have the power to remove it. The only power you are given is the power to edit or delete your own posts. In other words, you can fix typos and remove offending messages that you regret typing. The replies of those offending messages will not disappear, though.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
sadpanda.jpg

Hows this for that panda thing? Its perfert thats what it is! Who's going to argue about it? No-one thats who.

Y'know, that's EXACTLY what I was going to use for my avater, but someone else beat me to the punch... and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up my avater...

Ritz said:
[...]for the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up my avater...

Go to your profile, and at the bottom you will see a little box. Put the url to your avatar (it can't be stored on your computer), and click submit. Make sure your avvy follows the guidelines above the box: No more than 128x128 pixels, and no more than 6 KB.

If you need a place to host your pic, I reccomend this place. Although they have an upper file limit of 100 KB, since the largest allowed avatar is 6KB, you won't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back