Official SRB2 levels you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spazzo said:
Mystic said:
Dual Fortress Zone - Frikken homing ruins perfectly good maps.

Mystic said:
perfectly good maps.

what? Dual Fortress Zone is horrid! It's a Sonic-only zone - Tails and Knuckles have a significant disadvantage, as the map offers nothing to them - thus, the only important factor is speed. :X

Excuse me sir, but lets take into account this:
A water shield in a waterfall only Knuckles and Tails can get
Tails and Knuckles easily can climb/fly into the open window to get the flag
The high raillings in the room on the left side of the flag where Tails and Knuckles people can hide waiting for others to run through

tailsmastermind said:
Spazzo said:
Mystic said:
Dual Fortress Zone - Frikken homing ruins perfectly good maps.

Mystic said:
perfectly good maps.

what? Dual Fortress Zone is horrid! It's a Sonic-only zone - Tails and Knuckles have a significant disadvantage, as the map offers nothing to them - thus, the only important factor is speed. :X

Excuse me sir, but lets take into account this:
A water shield in a waterfall only Knuckles and Tails can get
Tails and Knuckles easily can climb/fly into the open window to get the flag
The high raillings in the room on the left side of the flag where Tails and Knuckles people can hide waiting for others to run through

Yes, if a Tails user like me likes that level, it can't be Sonic only, can it? Well, if Knux tries to climb into the window, I usually shoot.

I love how people are now complaining about Red Valcano when it's not even finished yet.

I dislike:

That one city match level
Dunno. Too flat. The doors are hard to cram yourself through. The auto-rail combination in this map can make any loser at srb2 win themselves a cheap little match. The top part is really useless. I don't see the point of it. And besides, if any action goes on there, it just proves how useless the platforms up there are; You have to wait too long for it to come down for you.

Slumber Circuit
Same reason as anyone else

Spring Hill
Doesn't feel NiGHTS-themed. Needs more stuff in it. And this level can be perfect for hangout.

Sapphire Falls, definitely, it's a tad too small, to be honest... among other things, like it's lack of places to go.

That one is good though. I hate... Uh... CEZ3 for being damn near impossible on Ultimate. *Shot*

Chaos said:
Slumber Circuit
Same reason as anyone else.

Um, "anyone else"? Try "most people." I love the NiGHTS system; but I loathe Slumber Circuit for its awful design. Whoever designed Slumber Circuit needs to read "Level Design." There are two NiGHTS sections in that article. I still think my Wacky Track Zone is better.

Chaos said:
Spring Hill
Doesn't feel NiGHTS-themed. Needs more stuff in it. And this level can be perfect for hangout.

It's not really that pretty, actually. Botanic Serenity actually had a gimmick: finding the emeralds. Spring Hill has no gimmick.

The hardest thing about NiGHTS design is creating a cool gimmick. The system limits what you can do, but it is possible to create interesting gimmicks for NiGHTS stages.

Cue said:
Sapphire Falls, definitely, it's a tad too small, to be honest... among other things, like it's lack of places to go.
Sapphire Falls is good but only the ctf version as its way bigger and more harder for players to hit each other, however i think it might be to big when theres only like 4 to 3 people on it.

CEZ3
for being a "luck-fest" and reqireing (will i ever spell that right?) to much chance
Iron turret
For the fact that the bomb and the rail ring should never be in the same level and everybody abuses the combo
Hydro plant
Because there is almost no dry land and only 1 item box that you can get but its right in the middle of the water

zeldagamer00 said:
Iron turret
For the fact that the bomb and the rail ring should never be in the same level and everybody abuses the combo
Hydro plant
Because there is almost no dry land and only 1 item box that you can get but its right in the middle of the water

Iron Turret's bad because the rail and bomb rings are too close together, not because the rail bomb combination exists in that level.

Close to no dry land in Hydro Plant? Never stopped me.

Silver Cavern Zone. Mystic, you are one hell of a masochist, you are aware? I'm surprised you find constantly being bombarded by Buzzes - small, silent killers, note, so they can easily sneak up on you - on tiny, slippery platforms over giant pits of instant death to be a fun time. x_x

I'm also not a terribly big fan of Zim's Base Zone (fun idea, but it doesn't strike me as a very good level for some reason... too open?), but I actually like Castle Eggman Zone despite nobody else agreeing with me. :\

Zim's base. Too hard to aim with a rail. It's just too...open. And by the time you thok oh say, LIKE 3 TIMES, you're gonna get sniped right from the behind by a lucky shot.

OBJECTION!

From a few pages ago, not the above post.
Mystic said:
Metal Star Zone - God, is it impossible to defend the flag in this zone. Scoring is basically total luck.
lol mystic fails at finding unique routes around the level. I'll give you a hint-those springs to the sniping towers aren't just to get to the sniping towers.
Mystic said:
Zim's Base Zone - Really cool design, but it doesn't change the fact that it's basically an open room.
See what I said for Metal Star.[/quote]

Kaysakado said:
lol mystic fails at finding unique routes around the level. I'll give you a hint-those springs to the sniping towers aren't just to get to the sniping towers.
I'm talking about your flag, not the flag you grabbed from their base. Basically, it's so completely in the open that it's simply impossible to keep someone from taking it, which leads to scoring being luck-based because your flag carrier has to be right there to score the instant the flag is returned.

Zim's Base is a better stage because there is variety to the gameplay, but the weapon system in general just isn't kind to the stage, and a vast majority of the level isn't really usable.

Mystic said:
Kaysakado said:
I'm talking about your flag, not the flag you grabbed from their base. Basically, it's so completely in the open that it's simply impossible to keep someone from taking it, which leads to scoring being luck-based because your flag carrier has to be right there to score the instant the flag is returned.
The walls in front of the base. Use them. NOWZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back