Official Level Design Contest Voting: May-June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging will end six days ago.

Not only has the winner been announced (and all of the scores averaged), but the next bi-monthly contest hasn't started. D=

Paragraph breaks? There's plenty. What browser are you using?

EDIT:Or do you mean you have to scroll horizontally to see everything?

Pfft, lazy.

Nope, this is the level design contest. That was FF's event. Two completely and entirely seperate things.

But yeah, this contest was a dud for me. After seeing what the maps were, the contest became something to look forward to for criticism more than scores. And sadly, only Penopat gave any of that.

That's because not too many people here really get excited about the contest.

It could be more exciting and edgy, but I don't know... I guess the SRB2 community doesn't aim for that angle (especially with contests).

Near the beginning of when I was making my map, I felt determined to win the CTF division. As the hours went on, I grew tired and just tried to get all my thing placement and gimmicks in place, patched up once more, and gotten over with. <_<

When it comes to midi contests, like those at VGMusic, I can easily finish a two-minute piece in a few hours. This took ten.

Ten hours? That's all? You should've put more effort into it.

As for midi contests, bleh. I hate midi, but I usually compose in midi, and then convert it to flp for the digitalness and stuff. Even saying that, the SRB2 contests really should be jazzed up a bit (not freeform, more like cool/smooth jazz).

Segmint said:
Ten hours? That's all? You should've put more effort into it.

"That's all?" I didn't say "Ten, but I took some breaks in between, so it's technically five." That's ten, or in other words, two thirds of my awake time on a single day; I plotted out most of my ideas for the map beforehand, so I'm not including that either. I worked on it for five long hours all night, then in the morning all the way to noon. Sure, I could put more effort, but with what I've got, I thought it was quite enough.

the wiki

For those wondering if the results were ever going to be posted on the wiki I took the liberty do do it myself. Which means now you can read it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back