Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texture alignment is done; now it's just tossing Things in there in places that work, a bit of testing, zipping and sending it all to Mystic.

It's a pretty big file, weighing in at about 2.3 MB right now... but that's because it has custom textures, flats, sprites, sounds, music, a SOC (included in the WAD itself, don't worry about having to add two files)... the works, really. God knows whether zipping it will help much. Maybe I should RAR it instead...

Guys, the next non-sensical post on this topic will be a warning. This topic is a sticky for a reason. It's not supposed to be a bunch of "THE PIE IS YUMMY" posts.

Also, the compilation of the WADs may take some time, since I won't be home over the beginning of July, I will be in a car driving to Illinois to see my grandparents for the fourth. So if you're going to be a little late, go ahead and throw it in my inbox. Any files in my inbox at the time I compile them are entries, so while any files done before the deadline will definitely make it, a few last minute entries that go beyond the deadline slightly should be fine this month.

Files sent. I guess this means that Mystic's the only soul who knows for definite what my SP level is before judging starts. I dunno if it'll be the most fun, and those doors will certainly make co-op interesting, but it's probably one of the most extensive conversions outside of SPMoves. And I didn't even modify the EXE (unless you count the SOC).

Oh, and the MP stage is okay, I guess.

I should send mine in by the end of the day.

EDIT: :evil: Damn computer messed it up. Theres no chance im going to get mine in on time. This is messed up.... :evil:

Ritz said:
Also, I'm 95% positive that I'll be entering the contest this time around. I'll probably be making an SP stage, especially since I'm so close to getting custom textures to work... I already got one to work, I suspect that the rest are giving me problems because they aren't properly sized. Either way, if I don't have time to do something big like that, I assure you I'll at least throw together a quick match stage.
I lied, BTW.

I am working on a SP Stage, right now. Escape from Legoland. It just oozes creativity. :mrgreen:

Btw, the (announced) contest deadline is on 7:00pm EST tonight. From this posting, it's 4 hours and 45 minutes. As Mystic said, he'll be on vacation, so my guess would be to get it by the 4th of July.

Of course, I'm not Mystic, so I wouldn't know :P.

I'm heading out now, so I won't be able to receive the entries until at least the 6th, so if you've got late entries, feel free to send them.

Yeah. It'll have the same filename, except it'll have .bak instead of .wad...
That is, if you're using WadAuthor. Doombuilder, I dunno.

SRB2-Playah said:
Yeah. It'll have the same filename, except it'll have .bak instead of .wad...
That is, if you're using WadAuthor. Doombuilder, I dunno.
That's a standard for a lot of programs for do back-ups. And it was created long time ago... Other chance is that they save back-ups in a special folder for them (like one named "bak", "backup", etc.).

I have a great idea: why do not create a program that restores files that are scrambled (this is, that have errors)?

Mystic said:
I'm heading out now, so I won't be able to receive the entries until at least the 6th, so if you've got late entries, feel free to send them.
ohcrudohcrudohcrudohcrudohcrudohcrudohcrud.
I havn't made any progress. YOu'll be lucky if you even see Campfire Chaos here.
ohcrudohcrudohcrudohcrudohcrud
*gets to work*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back