• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Newrecolor.wad! Total unoriginality ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no...

I'm not recoloring His. I've got my Own. I'm trying to Mimic his Shading Style Though =/

Edit- I meant I had 45 of...174 or something Sprites done =P I should have said that.

If you look closly at the Face...Just above the Eyes. You can tell it's a Hedgehog type Character.

Kai the Hedgehog?

Super mystic sonic said:
I do. The mouth, the ears, and the height. Rest is all creative, wich is just great.

The mouth, eyes and ears might be similar...

But the height is slightly higher, so its actually diffrent than sonics height...

I think the point about the Recolor that he is recolring his orignal character.. LOL..

The new one looks awesome.

Um...The recolor thing's a joke...Jeez. I drew this all pixel by pixel. I didn't even use the fill tool.

On another note, he's a hedgehog, not human. The spikes are trimmed. Thus the reason I said I was going to make several varioations of the wad. Some will have his spikes as they should be, some will be trimmed. It all depends. ( Those who know of my upcoming mod should know why. )

Basically, his spikes and eyes begin like the top row, and end like the bottome row:
Example 1

This will also be another variation of the final wad:
Example 2

What the hair in the wad basically is now is:
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5

I'm doing more than hair changes with each wad, as well. That would just be cheap editing if I did that. So expect different costumes, as well as hair.

Cheap 5-Second Edit Example:

Kai2YearsAfter.png

Close up of his weapon in case you wanted one... (Lol, Copyright. And no, it's not that color, there are supposed to be flames reflecting from it.)

To explain the hair change would take talking about backstory, which I don't think is appropriate for the MB. You'll just have to wait until the mod itself is complete for that. Or just get a hold of me somewhere. (Like anyone wants to know that bad... :roll: )

Zeshiro, you are one of the best damn artists on this forum.

That pic of your character from behind with the sword and sun, awesome..
Good luck with your new version, when do you think a beta will be released?

No idea, unfortunately. I was almost going to use the same replacement frames I used for the old one, but I decided it best not to follow old patterns. I'm doing this one at least 80% before a beta.

Zeshiro said:
No idea, unfortunately. I was almost going to use the same replacement frames I used for the old one, but I decided it best not to follow old patterns. I'm doing this one at least 80% before a beta.

Ok, thats cool, something from scratch is always better then something edited.

RgxSuperSonic said:
Zeshiro said:

Ok, thats cool, something from scratch is always better then something edited.

Yeah... Zeshiro is one of those people who does his work from scratch... I highly Admire, and like that... :mrgreen:
Zeshiro is a god!, I love his work...

Not much to say update-wise. I have a few new sprites, but that's about it.

Standing frames(edited (slightly) since first post):

NewKaiWad-V2.gif

Bigger ( Since it's hard to see the details I added when it's all small. x.x; ):

NewKaiWad-V2-BIG.gif

---

Waiting Frames (He's facing the camera from every angle but the back):

Kaiwitheyesonyou.gif

Bigger:

Kaiwitheyesonyou-BIG.gif

It's actually supposed to look more like you're walking around him and he's watching you. But since this sprite is moving, and you aren't, it looks like he's stuck spinning and trying to look at you.

Those look great. No really, they do. Although people might be thinking who Zeshiro is looking at. "NO, HE LOOKS AT ME! "HELLOOO, HE LOOKS TO THE FRONT, DUDE!" "NO WAY, HE LOOKS TO THE BACK!"

Zeshiro looks everywhere -_-()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back