New & Old Horizons combo pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolwut. I assume your a tester as well now, but that level is one of the most linear levels ever; there's only two path splits that come together relatively quickly.

As a Software player, I had no problems finding my way through.

Yap, I'm a testah :). And as a tester, I tested the new revamp of the stages. They're full of open fields to explore, that's what I loved about 'em. But they have confusing paths, one that some paths merge and takes you backwards to where you started.

Why do all the second zones have to be factories? If the first zone ends in a cave, maybe the second could have the player exploring the depths of it, or maybe exit out on the side of an mountain, and have a rocky mountain level?

I dunno, perhaps Sega wanted it to be like that.
And, for that idea, it's very connective. Maybe... Avalanche Hill Zone?
Now, this is going somewhere.

Why do all the second zones have to be factories? If the first zone ends in a cave, maybe the second could have the player exploring the depths of it, or maybe exit out on the side of an mountain, and have a rocky mountain level?

Well, I agree with you, THZ-ish levels are just overused as second zone, that's why I requested help for finding an original level idea.
FRZ2 ends at the exit of a cave, and the new FRZ3 is inside a small cave, ideas of Rocky Mountain-ish level aren't bad.

@VirtualBlitz546:
FRZ1 is... a... maze? Its new version is still a lot linear to avoid the player to lost, but it has to have a small path split and some secrets to make the level fun.
Also, FRZ2 in software is cleary beatable, but OGL is breaking the darkness in this level, making it absurdly easy ;_;

Hmm... Here's an idea for the 2nd zone. The first act starts inside of a mountain, looking like a cave-like area. Near the end of the first act, you reach the outside of the mountain. The 2nd act is spent jumping on the mountain, as well as some other mountains nearby (possibly a mountain range?) the exit to the 2nd act would be near the top of one of the mountains, where the 3rd act would take place. This could lead into two possible ideas for a 3rd zone (if you already had plans for the 3rd zone, then disregard this I guess). One being a sky-themed level, and the other could be a volcano-themed level. If you go for the volcano theme, then perhaps make the boss' pinch phase breaking down into the volcano, making you fight on small platforms with lava all around. But again, that's just my idea.

I'd actually prefer a water level, just like the classics. S1 was going to be Labyrinth but it was moved because of difficulty, S2's Chemical Plant has a memorable water part in Act 2, and S3 has Hydrocity (SK is an expansion to S3 so I don't count it). How about a level that takes place at the seafloor? That'd open up possibilities for open-ended areas and caverns. You could experiment with bobbing platforms and other water-stuff. Plus, I've always wanted to see an ocean level like that ever since DSZ came out. Maybe call it Ocean Depths Zone, or Deeper Sea Zone?

Maybe call it Ocean Depths Zone, or Deeper Sea Zone?

I'd discarted Deeper Sea zone for one reason; It's too obvious for it's name.
I like Ocean Dephts, anyway.

but....

What if the cave from FRZ2 goes out for a exit to an Snowy Mountain? Maybe calling it Chillish Hills Zone?

There are 3 ideas for a 2nd zone of the game, "lat".

I'd rather not think of a lava-like zone cuz, as i said, it's a very.... challenging zone for a 2nd level. (Excepting the 2nd zone of Tortured Planet, cuz it was a factory, a lava level... an all-in-one challenging level for starters.)

I'd actually prefer a water level, just like the classics. S1 was going to be Labyrinth but it was moved because of difficulty, S2's Chemical Plant has a memorable water part in Act 2, and S3 has Hydrocity (SK is an expansion to S3 so I don't count it). How about a level that takes place at the seafloor? That'd open up possibilities for open-ended areas and caverns. You could experiment with bobbing platforms and other water-stuff. Plus, I've always wanted to see an ocean level like that ever since DSZ came out. Maybe call it Ocean Depths Zone, or Deeper Sea Zone?

Can I just ask why everyone feels obligated to put a water level in their level pack? I guess because pretty much every classic Sonic game had a water level, but still. They always end up being the low part of the mod. A level where you slog through like molasses, being forced to stop every 30 seconds to grab air from a bubble is NEVER very fun. I mean, I guess it could work if you did something like Aquatic Ruin or Hydrocity, where you can avoid the water if you're good, but even then, I would rather not see a water level at all, ESPECIALLY for the 2nd zone of the game!

Actually, you know that one room in CEZ2 where you could adjust the water level by hitting the right switch? A whole zone designed around that could actually be really cool.

So, I have to say, I'm pretty happy of you guys making suggestions, etc, and this is decided, the second zone is water themed.
The first act is on a rocky field, flooded in some places, the second act will be inside of a magnifiscent temple.

Anyways, here are some existing and exciting news.

Taunting on the battlefield is a good idea, son.
(And not this is not Metal Sonic race, I redone it to make it taunt at the start of the level)

Also, thanks to HAPPYFOX for this magnifiscent boss arena.

OH MY GOD, AN UPDATE! Check the first post to learn more about it!

Loaded the new file, saw a warning in the console about how the game doesn't know what 'SKINCOLOT_GREY' means. How hard is it for you people to check for obvious errors in the stuff you make before you release it?

EDIT: There was a Lua error in the version of Floral Road 1 you released for the OLDC as well. I seriously don't understand what's so hard about opening the console and checking to make sure there aren't any yellow WARNING signs there.

Last edited:
Loaded the new file, saw a warning in the console about how the game doesn't know what 'SKINCOLOT_GREY' means. How hard is it for you people to check for obvious errors in the stuff you make before you release it?

Then I think I didn't save the MAINCFG before closing the file and patching it in the rar, my fault. I'll fix this when an update will come because it's idiot to redownload a file just because of that. I apogolise...

Then I think I didn't save the MAINCFG before closing the file and patching it in the rar, my fault. I'll fix this when an update will come because it's idiot to redownload a file just because of that. I apogolise...

It's alright. Part of the problem might be that you're using some kind of launcher to add the file before the game even begins, which may be more efficient but doesn't display the WARNING text as clearly.

It's alright. Part of the problem might be that you're using some kind of launcher to add the file before the game even begins, which may be more efficient but doesn't display the WARNING text as clearly.

Doom Builder, yeah.

Also, here's a small graphical glitch.

V8kJRjf.png

Alright, and also, you're using which resolution? I can't get the HUD right positionned like that in software with my PC ><

Deeper Sea Zone doesn't sound so orginal because you made Deep Sea Zone Deeper :P
EDIT
Lat you don't write that i'm also a beta tester :P

Last edited:
Deeper Sea Zone doesn't sound so orginal because you made Deep Sea Zone Deeper :P
EDIT
Lat you don't write that i'm also a beta tester :P

There are lots of them actually ^^' I'll have to make a list one day X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back