New Nintendo HD Console "Wii U"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: Disks are fucking HUGE now.

That sucks for me as that defeats the purpose I was going to use the Wii U. Maybe I can get something like a 100GB hard drive for my intents...

Anyway, hopefully if they do include Gamecube games on the virtual console, it won't be plagued with garbage games like our current virtual console.

THE CONTROLLER:
new_nintendo_controller_01.jpg

Well I just took a look at the controller and here is my opinion.

1) Its too rectangular shaped

2) Doesn't look like it would be very comfortable to play games with because of its size/shape.

3) I guess Its pretty cool to play a game from the console to the controller.

The only thing that turns me of about the controller is the fact it just looks uncomfortable. Call me picky, but I'm really used to the buttons being below the screen when using a handheld device (like its been for almost a decade I think.) Also When playing on a console I like to have a firm grip on the controller like with the gamecube controller, and the playstation controllers and even the wii controllers were good. The console itself does in fact look like the wii xbox and PS3 had a threesome and the baby turned out to be better than all of them. Its not all about the controller that sells the system though, what people really want to see is the games and how they will work on the console. You can have a horrible (ugly as shit) controller, but It doesn't matter If the games are amazingly cool, then you will eventually get used to the controller and play the crap outta the system until it blows up.

Btw is that picture the actual controller or just an early design out of many that could be the possible main controller?

The Wii U and the controller are subject to change. But I'm not complaining about the controller's shape. People at E3 say it's comfortable, and aren't there handhelds that have a similar shape? Like the DS, just without the top screen.

Then again, it might feel uncomfortable when you're playing fast-paced games.

Like I said, it might be as comfortable as holding a cookie tray...

And we can now easily have 2 player Sonic games without it being split screen or expanded like New mario Bros. Heh

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, but it just looks like a bulky Nintendo DS. If the games from Wii U are compatible with Wii, then the only good thing out of it is HD... and the ability to play games without a TV. Even though there rumors that it is more powerful than the Wii, what are the chances Nintendo would decide to re-write the IOS software to go with this "upgraded" Wii? If the IOS is not re-written then it's not a biggey so the overall performance might just increase (In games like Boom Blocks Bash Party won't probably lag anymore when placing near maximum blocks...).

Don't take this the wrong way, but it just looks like a bulky Nintendo DS. If the games from Wii U are compatible with Wii, then the only good thing out of it is HD... and the ability to play games without a TV. Even though there rumors that it is more powerful than the Wii, what are the chances Nintendo would decide to re-write the IOS software to go with this "upgraded" Wii? If the IOS is not re-written then it's not a biggey so the overall performance might just increase (In games like Boom Blocks Bash Party won't probably lag anymore when placing near maximum blocks...).

1. Standard Wii games won't be able to use the HD function

2. You still need your TV on to play games.

3. The game lags because of the hardware, not the IOS vesion(mostly). Plus you're placing maximum blocks, of course it might lag.

Originally Posted by supersonic45
1. Standard Wii games won't be able to use the HD function

2. You still need your TV on to play games.

3. The game lags because of the hardware, not the IOS vesion(mostly). Plus you're placing maximum blocks, of course it might lag.

Didn't I mention all of that??? And yes, genius, it lags because of the hardware... I was just exploring the idea of the Wii being compatible with Wii U games, depending if Nintendo is going to rewrite the IOS or not.

BTW: With the screen built into the WIRELESS remote, I don't think the batteries are going to last long...

I'm not really sold on Wii U. For one, it's a successor to the original Wii which I loathe. The controller looks uncomfortable. I've seen the grip on the back and how thin the device actually is, but it still looks like extended play sessions would be incredibly uncomfortable. Especially during a much more fast-paced game.

While the console seems mostly unremarkable to me, the trailer for third party games was badass. But again, those are all third party games that are going multi-console, and will probably be seen on the PS360 much sooner than the Wii.

Originally Posted by Dark Metal
At least we don't have to buy new batteries each time they die out like the wii remotes.

-Scroll down and read the paragraph next to new controller
http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/about

I still can't figure out/find where you connect the power supply to the remote...
Honestly, I don't see the screen serving its purpose being built into a Wii U remote, where ever you would put your new Wii U it's going to be next to or near a TV... Who doen't have a TV now a days (don't get me wrong, many folks out there don't have TV's, but buying Wii U when you don't have a TV is messed up, if you think about it.)

It is not supposed to replace T.V. It is for cases of using a shared TV like if my dad want to watch baseball, I can continue playing Mario galaxy on the remote. Don't forget what else that they show off in the demo videos.

I hope they make the wire longer than the Game Cube's remote... stretching it to my bed is a hassle.

I'm not really sold on Wii U. For one, it's a successor to the original Wii which I loathe. The controller looks uncomfortable. I've seen the grip on the back and how thin the device actually is, but it still looks like extended play sessions would be incredibly uncomfortable. Especially during a much more fast-paced game.

While the console seems mostly unremarkable to me, the trailer for third party games was badass. But again, those are all third party games that are going multi-console, and will probably be seen on the PS360 much sooner than the Wii.
The Wii U controller isn't mandatory. You can just use a Classic Controller Pro if you don't want to.

Oh, I'm pretty sure Reggie said that a lot of Wii U games were using PS360 game footage. I'm expecting them to look better on the Wii U.

I'm expecting them to look better, but the reality is that we don't know for a fact just yet whether they will or won't. It's just that if they aren't, then... well, while I'll still buy one (kind of like some kind of abused spouse, always crawling back), don't think for a moment that I won't be disappointed.

Overall, I think it as an "addon" to the original Wii (more powerful, and a Wiimote with a twist, but nothing more I guess) almost like Kinect was for Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back