New DS media player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianv

MAX Media Player
http://us.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=US&cr=&cs=&r=1&l=&page=1&p=17&i=8952&s=8

According to that site it can show pictures, full length movies, music and even executable programs(hint hint) on its 4gb hdd.
It's coming out in the later half of March, but at a hefty price. Somewhere above $100.

I hope it goes down in price, or I might just get it for my birthday. Looks pretty cool though.
The ds is starting to become more like a psp :eek:

edit:
$129 seems to be the price everywhere except lik-sang($179).

Sweeet.
Exe files... nice.
Neat to learn how to run SRB2 on this someday.
Buying it NOW.
($200 in my bank account) :wink:

129.00 EUR
Euro = 153.205 USD
United States Dollars
1 EUR = 1.18764 USD 1 USD = 0.842007 EUR

Osnapz.

Okay, I now have almost no reason to buy a PSP. I haven't been too sure I wanted one anyways, because of the lack of good games (Which comes standard with Sony) and poor battery life. And the loading times.

I just hope the price tag goes down on this accessory though. :P

Shuffle said:
Sorry for the doubley postey.. but.. LOOKIE HERE!

http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/02/15/
Yeah, I seen this before. I'm probably not going to get this, because my laptop is good enough for surfing the web, but not so good wanting to surf the web on a smaller screen...

And that Max Media player, I hope it will be like the gba games and won't standby if you close the screens, because that would suck, I'd want to keep it in my pocket or something.

Umm, standby is good. It saves battery power when it's closed.
Is there any reason for it to NOT be in standby when it's not closed?

Well, aside from listening to music. Maybe it will just shut off the screens and lights? That'd be neat.

I think that the standby mode is reprogrammable, because some games make sounds when closed, pause the game, delay the standby for about a second, or otherwise prevent it from happening. Normally, standby mode shuts off the sound processor, but I bet it could be reprogrammed to only turn off some of the other stuff like the video screen and graphics processing.

If the Opera Browser will actually come out, I'll definitely get it, so that I can surf the web in my room without my parents actually noticing I'm surfing the web. But on the other hand, a virus might come in and mess up the DS itself.

And Nintendo Power showed once a screenshot for an MP3 Player, similar to the MAX Media Player, though nothing was said after that.

There was this one that got pretty far in the homebrew scene which disguised itself as an emulator and, upon startup of the DS system, displayed a graphic of a brick wall (bricked). The author of it did apologize, however, and left instructions on how to remove it.

Akira was porting SRB2 onto the DS a mad long time ago. I'm pretty sure it's dead. Someone can continue for him if he actually stopped.

KingofFlames said:
Someone PLEASE figure out how to get SRB2 running on the DS(add some Touch screen stuff as well :))

You know absolutely nothing about the DS' hardware, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back