New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick aside, here: The past three posts were done by 2 "Supersonics", and a dude with a Super Sonic avatar. Mix it up a little, fellas!
Hey I'd change my name to herosonic2 but I can't, gotta ask a mod or someone first. Also, you can put your own soundtrack in Unleashed! Wow I'm behind.

evil_super_sonic.jpg

Very original. =p
But back on topic and not about SS/fancharacters.

I agree with Bpop, you really shouldn't be shoving your thoughts down other people's throats. Everyone has their own opinion.

Eggman. Well, I think its fine they put it in there. You could probably defeat the bosses in 5 seconds if they didn't have an invincible period.

True. But it can be annoying when the invincible period causes you to get hurt, which has happened to me quite often. Back in the classics, when you hit Robotnik, he would become invulnerable for a second or two. But he would flash during this short period, letting you know he can't be hurt. And any attacks towards him while he was flashing would cause the player to pass through him, not bounce off of him like.

I also don't like having to wait for him to become vulnerable at the beginning of a boss fight. If I can move, and if he's in my reach, I should be able to hurt him. But what will sometimes happen is I will try to attack him a second too early, miss him, then get hurt by his attack.

Kinda reminds me of racing with my brother when we were little when he'd say, "Ready...set-go!"

Did I say they were similar to the classics?
Did I ever say you did?

And also, why are you attacking my opinion on a game?
What nobody in this community seems to understand is that disagreeing is not the same as "attacking" an opinion.

I don't care if you think the physics are flawed, I don't think it is, and that's all that matters to me.
You might be fine with the physics, but how can you deny that a complete lack of momentum is a bad thing in a game that's built off of speedy platforming and rolling around?

I like the game, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.
There isn't.

Did I ever say you did?
I think you might of worded your post badly. It sounds like you are insisting he did say that it was similar to the physics.
You might be fine with the physics, but how can you deny that a complete lack of momentum is a bad thing in a game that's built off of speedy platforming and rolling around?
Because we just don't care? I never had a problem with momentum. Even so, some of the effects are only there if you let go of the button.

Because we just don't care? I never had a problem with momentum. Even so, some of the effects are only there if you let go of the button.
I don't care about the physics of the 3D Sonic games, and don't have any real problems with them, and I still can't deny that they're flawed.

I don't care about the physics of the 3D Sonic games, and don't have any real problems with them, and I still can't deny that they're flawed.
I can see your reasoning.
If I don't have a problem, then I wouldn't complain about the physics. No, they aren't perfect. (Nothing is...) They're OK and they aren't ruining my experience with Sonic 4.

Last edited:
Then why else would you mention it?
Because eventually somebody is going to mention it. Have you ever seen any arguments about this game's physics before?
One of the first things people go to is "It's not like the classics, which annoys me", or "You only hate it because it's not like Sonic 3!

Physics don't matter to me.
I mean, who cares if Sonic loses momentom?
Or if he glitches on loops like usual?

And it's not like the fans could do better(some could, maybe, but it's hard to find a team, one, and also hard to find someone with game making experience that can make a Sonic game. Two.)

Sega made Sonic. They know what they're doing.

Ironically, Kyasarin is getting bashed the same way I do when I have an opinion.

Last edited:
Ever play Rocky and Bullwinkle on the NES? I don't see how you can say controls and physics don't matter.
That's somewhat of an extreme example, but the controls do get in peoples' way when they try to play this game.

I mean, who cares if Sonic loses damn momentom?
Or if he glitches on loops like usual?
People who care about legitimate problems care about it. I'm not going to just "ignore" a problem in a game just because it's "like usual".

And it's not like the fans could do better(some could, maybe, but it's hard to find a team, one, and also hard to find someone with game making experience that can make a Sonic game. Two.
I've played a few fangames that are much more enjoyable than Sonic 4.

They said they'd recreate the classic formula, and apparently they didn't know what they were doing when they threw in annoying controls.

Ironically, Kyasarin is getting bashed the same way I do when I have an opinion.
Nobody's criticizing me for having an opinion, and nobody here does the same to you.

You aren't even understanding why people complain about this game, so why are you judging their criticism? The problem isn't about the game not being pure to the classics, and pointing out flaws with fans isn't making this look any better.
And why does it matter to you if people don't like the game?

Ever play Rocky and Bullwinkle on the NES? I don't see how you can say controls and physics don't matter.
That's somewhat of an extreme example, but the controls do get in peoples' way when they try to play this game.
Uh, no. What's that game...?

People who care about legitimate problems care about it. I'm not going to just "ignore" a problem in a game just because it's "like usual".
Ok, so you care about the glitches in the originals too?
Because if you don't, that just doesn't make sense.

I've played a few fangames that are much more enjoyable than Sonic 4.
And I've played a few (one to be exact) that almost tops most sonic games(Guess what it is! ...it's obvious!).

They said they'd recreate the classic formula, and apparently they didn't know what they were doing when they threw in annoying controls.
Hey, maybe try holding right when Sonic loses momentum. Or when he glitches on a loop, try again, or just don't try to make it glitch. Get used to them if you want to keep playing. If you can't handle the controls stop playing. One or the other...

Nobody's criticizing me for having an opinion, and nobody here does the same to you.
Want to search some of my posts?

You aren't even understanding why people complain about this game, so why are you judging their criticism? The problem isn't about the game not being pure to the classics, and pointing out flaws with fans isn't making this look any better.
And why does it matter to you if people don't like the game?
I understand completely. They complain that it's just not what they'd hoped, and know Sega can do better. And no, pointing out flaws with fans isn't making it look better.
aAre pointing out flaws with the game making it look better? No, in fact, it's making the game look worse. And it matters to me because Sega's trying their best. You can't please everybody. If people look as far as physics to point out a games flaws, you'd think it'd be hard for them.

Last edited:
I care about glitches in the old games as much as I do in Sonic 4.
I'm not ever supposed to quit playing a game because the controls are bad. Did it ever occur to you that people don't encounter these problems on purpose? It's not looking for to realize problems with it, by the way.

I'd continue with this "argument" but as you can see there's not ever going to be an end to it because you don't seem to be listening and keep making assumptions from nothing.
lol discussing new sonic games on sonic forums

Uh, yeah, I know they don't look for them on purpose. Honestly, you treat me like some naiive kid.

And I'm not making assumptions. Why are YOU assuming that? You're being rude to me, like I'm lower and not as good as you are. Or, like your smarter than me, telling me anything, and saying I wouldn't know it in your way. And yeah, I assumed those. But those only.

You may not know, but I'm one clever 13 year old "kid".
And I am, lastly, listening.
You honestly don't like my opinions, do you? Well, I try my best to respect yours...
{=/

Look, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I just don't care about the physics.

Last edited:
Chaotic Chao said:

Well, you're the one who thinks Sega actually knows what they're doing, so of course they don't. While we're still on that...

Pfahahahahahahaha no. :3

Chaotic Chao said:
You may not know, but I'm one clever 13 year old "kid".

one clever 13-year old "kid".

13-year old kid.

We're done here.

OK, the thing that irritates me about all these people who claim we're "nitpicking" about the physics. Here's the thing. Remember that really old beta of Sonic 4, the one with the terrible minecart and pinball level? Remember how pretty much everybody hated it and told Sega that? OK, imagine what would happen if people didn't complain about that. Imagine if people said "These terrible levels are just fine, and anybody who doesn't think so is OBVIOUSLY just a whiner."

But thankfully, that's not what happened. While Sonic 4 as it is now really isn't that great, we managed to stop Sega from releasing a half-released beta because we explained to them that that's not what we wanted.

So, I ask you, what would you rather do? Make some kind of attempt, no matter how low the chance of success actually is, to get Dimps to reuse just a little bit of code from a game they made in the EXACT SAME DECADE, or are you too lazy to bother even doing that?

At the very least, those of you who think they're good enough can stop acting like wanting an improvement is such a terrible thing. It's not.

TLDR: If you think the physics are good enough, fine, whatever. Just stop getting in the way of people who don't think that way. Thanks.

I'm just saying what I believe, and believe it or not, what I say to Kyasarin is none of your business. I said I was sorry, but you won't drop it. It makes me have to reply again, and again, and again, and again, and.............
And it's kind of like your saying since Nintendo is currently making Mario better they can make Sonic better. Well, who made Sonic? Nintendo?
And frankly, I really don't like you being mean to me for being 13.
And nobody guessed what fangame it was that I mentioned before!

Splash Hill 1 and Mad Gear 1 were the only tracks I could personally stand.

By the way, I love complaining about games that I haven't played, even after they're released.

EDIT: Oh my, it appears I am at least a few pages late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back