New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this forum? Maybe so, but from what I'm hearing, Sonic Retro has us beat. I heard they're somewhere around 70 pages or so. Sonic Stadium is second best with 68.
Gee, big surprise there. Sonic Retro always has a million posts in topics for the latest Sonic games.

That was my fault for not looking at gamespot announcements.
Wow, you didn't know what TBA meant?

N00b. (It has to be said.)

@Cman: Isn't that what we're ALL saying? After all, the winning formula is easy to reproduce yet SEGA always finds some new fantastic way to liven up the experience. I think they should've gotten the idea by now that more gimmicks are not needed. The speed IS the attractive gimmick. That's the reason you play a Sonic title. For a speedy, high action platformer.

Though, the thing is that Sonic Team often unbalances gameplay and speed, making it a hold-right adventure. I hope they make this game like Sonic Rush, not like Sonic Rush Adventure.

I personally can't wait for this game. But I just don't understand all of this chaos over a game that has a trailer with just text and blue blurs, no gameplay whatsoever, and no screenshots. People are constantly guessing how the game will do, such as "O WOW diz gam will suk like da otherssss." I wouldn't assume how the game will do yet until the game actually comes out and you actually play the game. Actually playing the game is how real people judge the game. Not so many people, especially people who hate Sonic, ever bother playing the game first.

I apologize for the wall of text, but I just had to get my opinion out of the way.

How would you guys feel if Dimps was in charge of this? They probably have the most experience with 2D Sonic games nowadays, and I thought Sonic Rush and the PS2/Wii Sonic Unleashed were darned good.

Wow, you didn't know what TBA meant?

N00b. (It has to be said.)
This is ridiculous. Not everybody knows what an acronym stands for.
He's definitely not a noob for not understanding that.

@Wombat: I dunno. They did pretty good with the first Sonic Rush, while the second was a bad game.

Sure, Sonic Advance is decente. Rush? It has the boost crap thingy. Unleashed day? Lookin on youtube, it's linear and boring. You just BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTOCRAPOBSTACLEMOVEBOOSTBOOSTO****ANOTHEROBSTACLEMOVEBOOST.
Ugh people are getting to paranoid about this topic, seriously.

Have you even played Sonic Unleashed?

I don't know how it's linear to anything we've ever played before, a raceing type of game perhaps, but with a blue hedgehog going up to 300 MPH? Maybe not You are still advancing in the level you know. Sonic 2K6 wasn't even that fast. Unleashed daytime is way faster and funner than the mach-speed zones.

Unleashed day was fine anyway. You don't need to boost the whole entire level to beat the level. You only do that if you want a rank "S" or something like that. Besides it is kinda cool to see Sonic go faster than ever before.

Go ahead guys bite my butt :D.

I don't know how it's linear to anything we've ever played before, a raceing type of game perhaps, but with a blue hedgehog going up to 300 MPH? Maybe not You are still advancing in the level you know. Sonic 2K6 wasn't even that fast. Unleashed daytime is way faster and funner than the mach-speed zones.
What's your point? The game isn't as linear as the other ones. So what?

Unleashed day was fine anyway. You don't need to boost the whole entire level to beat the level. You only do that if you want a rank "S" or something like that. Besides it is kinda cool to see Sonic go faster than ever before.
So what? It's still there, it's still abusive, and it still ruins the game.

So what? It's still there, it's still abusive, and it still ruins the game.
Only if you purposely spam it to purposely ruin the game, and don't care about actually going through alternate paths, finding secrets, or actually play the game.

Damn, I don´t care if it is on 3D or not, this was announced a long time ago and not a single game video.

Damn, I don´t care if it is on 3D or not, this was announced a long time ago and not a single game video.

Ever occurred to you that they might be working on something else? Or that they don't have a proficient amount of progress on the project to release either screens of the game or gameplay?

If you think about it, they're doing the smart thing by taking their time so they don't do a half-ass job.

Teaser.

And it's there to build hype, which is not inherently a bad thing at all. Obviously it's worked quite well too, seeing as the SSMB edition of this thread has literally spanned more than 100 pages. Sure, a little more information would be nice, but if Sega can generate that kind of response over a teaser clip less than two minutes long, hey, more power to 'em. And you gotta admit that the fanboy reactions are priceless from time to time.

Oh man, wouldn't it be cool if this game ended up looking like this?

w192795351.jpg

w192795347.jpg

w192795350.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back