New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here to answer Xalted's question.

The reasons there is a booster there (and yes this is a fact, anyone who says otherwise is ignorant and or doesnt know how the world works) is because their physics engine is a piece of shit, meaning that Sonic can walk on walls and yet whenever e spindashes down a slope when he comes to the end of the big ramp he doesn't catapult into the air as he would in the classics but rather fall at the same speed and height and because Dimps simply doesn't know the basics of good level design.

You seem to be implying it's a demo, considering I can skip right through to the end zone at any point (weird stage select, once you complete Z1Act1, you can go to any zone except the boss stages, but you don't have them completed). Also, I have 15/200 achievement points from it already.

The spindash isn't great, but then again neither is the thok, which is barely a shove unless you have something targeted.

Well.. shouldn't I imply that it's a demo? Unless the UK and US release dates are completely different, in which case, should I be looking for a region-free PAL release to install on my Wii?

The reasons there is a booster there (and yes this is a fact, anyone who says otherwise is ignorant and or doesnt know how the world works) is because their physics engine is a piece of shit, meaning that Sonic can walk on walls and yet whenever e spindashes down a slope when he comes to the end of the big ramp he doesn't catapult into the air as he would in the classics but rather fall at the same speed and height and because Dimps simply doesn't know the basics of good level design.
Except that this "piece of shit" engine had its bugs fixed since you last saw it.

Except that this "piece of shit" engine had its bugs fixed since you last saw it.

Or so they have told you.

Remember. When it was announced that Roger Craig Smith would be the new voice of Sonic and we saw that an actual professional VA was voicing Sonic that we had no worries of him playing the titular blue blur. Then we learned that he was the voice from the hotel.

I have yet to see if Sega will better the franchise in anyway possible. All of their attempts to once again 'fix' this franchise are failing and it doesn't help that they are lying to us.

Or so they have told you.
And of course, since SEGA are nothing but a lying bunch of assholes, the bugs will be still there in the final release. Seriously, if they said they're gonna fix it, you should assume they're gonna fix it. You can still complain later in case they're still there.

And of course, since SEGA are nothing but a lying bunch of assholes, the bugs will be still there in the final release. Seriously, if they said they're gonna fix it, you should assume they're gonna fix it. You can still complain later in case they're still there.

Well let's just do an experiment on how trustworthy Sega is.

Let us compare Sega to their competition. Has Nintendo ever failed on any of their promises besides the SSBB release date? Now compare that to how many promises SEGA on.

For what reason would I want to trust Sega besides the fact that I want something good to happen to the franchise and be optomistic if they fail on so many promises on their Sonic games?

Yes, they delayed the game so they could sit on their ass and not make money off of it for a little while longer. They're totally not fixing the game, no sirree.

It makes no logical sense to NOT believe what they've said. Seriously.

For what reason would I want to trust Sega besides the fact that I want something good to happen to the franchise and be optomistic if they fail on so many promises on their Sonic games?
Oh come on, please. Just because you are pissed off by some things they did, that doesn't mean they lie whenever they can. Inuyasha nailed it here, why should they NOT fix these bugs?

Yes, they delayed the game so they could sit on their ass and not make money off of it for a little while longer. They're totally not fixing the game, no sirree.

It makes no logical sense to NOT believe what they've said. Seriously.

Does it now? You see, I expected someone who is knowledgeable of this industry that the laziest of them will tweak their level design, add in a bunch of useless bull, and whatnot to hide their empty promises.

There is plenty of stuff they could be doing besides fixing the physics and you know it. For all we know they are probably making the levels adhere to their horrendous physics system thus making it seem like they have fixed something. I will be laughing it up if I turn out to be in the right here.

Just be prepared. I already am.

^(Ninjad)
"We're just delaying it so fans can think we're not fixing it and lying."
I agree - To INU

Cue, is your Jtagged 360(Sonic 4) the build that was on Partner net a while ago or is it a newer build? Just wondering.
Does it now? You see, I expected someone who is knowledgeable of this industry that the laziest of them will tweak their level design, add in a bunch of useless bull, and whatnot to hide their empty promises

Tweak the level design as in make it better for fans?
will be laughing it up if I turn out to be in the right here.

Just be prepared. I already am.
And what if you're wrong?

Last edited:
^(Ninjad)
"We're just delaying it so fans can think we're not fixing it and lying."
I agree - To INU

Cue, is your Jtagged 360(Sonic 4) the build that was on Partner net a while ago or is it a newer build? Just wondering.

Tweak the level design as in make it better for fans?
will be laughing it up if I turn out to be in the right here.

And what if you're wrong?

Then I will admit my mistake and owe all of you a big heartfelt apology.

However I doubt that Sega will keep their word. I am prepared for either scenario. it is just that after so much failure you would be crazy to not say that you are highly skeptical on this being a good game.

There is plenty of stuff they could be doing besides fixing the physics and you know it.
And that is what?

For all we know they are probably making the levels adhere to their horrendous physics system thus making it seem like they have fixed something.
For all we know, you are making this up without any backing at all. Why would they tweak the levels around the bugs instead of fixing the bugs? That would be just utterly idiotic. Are you some kind of pessimist who believes SEGA is doomed to do everything wrong?

EDIT:
It is just that after so much failure you would be crazy to not say that you are highly skeptical on this being a good game.
You are acting as if the only things SEGA have done through the last few years have been massive and utter failures.

Last edited:
And that is what?

For all we know, you are making this up without any backing at all. Why would they tweak the levels around the bugs instead of fixing the bugs? That would be just utterly idiotic. Are you some kind of pessimist who believes SEGA is doomed to do everything wrong?

EDIT:
You are acting as if the only things SEGA have done through the last few years have been massive and utter failures.

Trust me. I would love it if Sega proved me wrong. It is just that they have failed too many times before and they always claim that this game will be more back to the roots than ever just you wait and see! This game is admittedly doing that quite well, but is the gameplay good? That is an important part of the equation that must be asked every and all times Sega announces something like this.

And speaking of fitting the level design with it's glitches and physics engine, the Rush series needs to have a talk with you. Huge ass slopes, springs that automatically launch you into the air, a trial and error system... After that, how can I trust Dimps to make a classic game? Sonic Advance? That was a good game, but they have changed since then, and admittedly, Advance itself suffered from some linearity in comparison to the first four Sonic games.

Besides physics they might just be focusing on the two levels to replace that terrible mine cart and that pinball stage collect a thon. But who knows, that could be the only thing they are working on!

And that goes on to iterate.... Is there really that much evidence to prove that Sega can be trusted to ake and publish a good Sonic ga9e again? And yes, the last few years have been terrible. Do not deny it. Black Knight was horrendou;, Chronicles is the _ors- Bioware game 2n ex2stence., Sonic Unleashed is paving the way for more linear Sonic games... Your poin- is?

Please ignore the random symbols out of nowhere. On my phone again.

Trust me. I would love it if Sega proved me wrong. It is just that they have failed too many times before and they always claim that this game will be more back to the roots than ever just you wait and see! This game is admittedly doing that quite well, but is the gameplay good? That is an important part of the equation that must be asked every and all times Sega announces something like this.
From what I've seen in the preview videos, the gameplay is indeed quite good, so eh...

And speaking of fitting the level design with it's glitches and physics engine, the Rush series needs to have a talk with you. Huge ass slopes, springs that automatically launch you into the air, a trial and error system... After that, how can I trust Dimps to make a classic game?
Because Dimps might not actually repeat the same error twice, for example? You said yourself that Dimps changed since Advance, why shouldn't they have changed again. The design of Sonic 4 is very little like that in Rush, to be honest.

Sonic Advance? That was a good game, but they have changed since then, and admittedly, Advance itself suffered from some linearity in comparison to the first four Sonic games.
Advance? Linear? Have we played the same game?

Besides physics they might just be focusing on the two levels to replace that terrible mine cart and that pinball stage collect a thon. But who knows, that could be the only thing they are working on!
Keyword might. That's just some assumption you are making, and there is no reason to believe it actually is that way.

And that goes on to iterate.... Is there really that much evidence to prove that Sega can be trusted to ake and publish a good Sonic ga9e again?
Is there really a reason why you should assume they will fail instead of assuming the game will be good? We don't know how good the game will be, but there isn't enough evidence to support either opinion, is there?

And yes, the last few years have been terrible. Do not deny it. Black Knight was horrendou;, Chronicles is the _ors- Bioware game 2n ex2stence., Sonic Unleashed is paving the way for more linear Sonic games... Your poin- is?
Your opinion. Seriously, 3D Sonic games have never been like the 2D ones and they never will. I don't know why so many fans of the classic even care about recent Sonic games if they know they don't cater to them. You can only be disappointed if you expect something.

the Rush series needs to have a talk with you. Huge ass slopes, springs that automatically launch you into the air, a trial and error system... After that, how can I trust Dimps to make a classic game?
Wait a minute, I remember the trial and error system being fixed in the sequel. I even remember lots of users saying Adventure was easier due to the lack of pits.

"Springs that automatically launch you in the air"
Hasn't this been done in every single Sonic game ever? Including the classics?

I'm not really seeing the horrible physics, controls are slightly clunky though.

I can't seem to complete the first act of the second zone because it would seem there's no actual way to finish it, or I'm missing something important, which wouldn't surprise me. Irritating, I want those 7 emeralds. :|

Autosaver: Yeah, it's the PartnerNet build.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, I remember the trial and error system being fixed in the sequel. I even remember lots of users saying Adventure was easier due to the lack of pits. "Springs that automatically launch you in the air" Hasn't this been done in every single Sonic game ever? Including the classics?
I have played the first yet have no knowledge of the differences and changes in the sequel. But from how you describe it, it does ensure me and from the videos that I have seen that the game is verily a hold right to win game. And I have no memory of auto springs in the Genesis era except for Knuckles Chaotix which is one of the most boring games I have ever played. When I said auto spring, I meant the type that you simply walk into... Not the ones that require you to jump on them to use them. And to expound upon the rolling physics, I think that due to the engine his rolling actually loses momentum instead of gaining it or the amount of springs is actually slowing Sonic down which is just as valid. One of the main problems this game already suffers from is that it plays itself. It may not necessarily make the game terrible persay but unlike the original games it is unexceptional, baldn and stale. The reason it doesn't look fun is because of how low the difficulty is and how often Dimps holds your hand with all of those boosters and springs that propel you through through the level. They really should have learned more from Sonic CD and the original Sonic the Hedgehog even though I love 2 and 3. And what's more? Even a game as bad as Sonic 06 had some decent music. This game's music is so repetitive that I can8ot b$ar to listen to 2t. And then th$re is the choi!e to u;e the modern Sonic and +Obo-nik models obviousl#, but then all 3f the little kids _ould be jumping do_n my throat.... as usual.

Now, I hate to sound fussy, but I'd have more respect for your post if half of it wasn't garbled nonsense.

We he did mention he was replying on a phone or something...

Greg on what he meant without the text-like monstrosity said:
This game's music is so repetitive that I cannot bare to listen to it. And then there is the choice to use the modern Sonic and Robotnik models obviously, but then all the little kids would be jumping down my throat.... as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back