New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a response to whoever is complaining about the Sonic 1 boss being remade...

Yeah, It's still the same boss. Except in 3D! :D

Last edited:
Pseudo-3D, mind you. Those are actually sprites, but they are based on 2D representations of cel-shaded 3D models. Kinda like the SNES Donkey Kong games, only minus the cel-shading bit.

You haven't noticed that it has a different attack pattern, have you?
I hear he has a pinch phase where he swings the wrecking ball in a full 360 degree arc, but nothing beyond that. I'd appreciate elaboration on further attack methods if there are any known.

Actually, IIRC, that is not ALL the ball does. I remember reading a scan, and I saw a pic that showed Eggman slamming the ball into the ground, and I remember it switches to the pinch phase after just 3 hits.

TL;DR: Yes, its a rip off

Wasn't Ultimate Flash Sonic just a complete ripoff of Sonic Advance 2 anyway?

it sorta takes things from advance 2 like:
Sprites
Level themes ( and the sprites for that )
boss idea for constantly running

Otherwise it isn't a complete rip off, but a rip off nevertheless

but you couldn't run absurdly fast which isn't a bad thing d:

Hey guys, check out this flow chart I made. By the way, you start at "New game is revealed." then you go down to "Is the game in 3D?"

SonicFlowchart.png

Any suggestions to improve this are more than welcome. The chart ain't fancy, but it's definetly true.

Sonic 1 sucked. :p
Bobinator - Yeah, got those same screens in GameInformer.

Kyasarin - I think it was kind of reasonable to make Sonic exclusive. Some fans have been waiting forever for a Sonic VS Eggman game.

Episode 2+3 will cheer you up. I heard there will be Tails+Knuckles.

Are you referring to Sonic 1 with Marble Zone, Labyrinth Zone, etc? I personally thought it was amazing, but Sonic 2 was better.

There are a lot of positive aspects to Sonic 1, but honestly, the levels aren't all that enjoyable aside from Green Hill Zone and Star Light Zone.

Hey look Splash Hill Music + screenshots. Also extra stuff revealed - Music Downloads did not have a timer, but it appeared. And Eggman is revealed - I like his Eggmobile, although the wings are disconcerting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back