New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't they include classic Mario in New Super Mario Bros?!?!?!
(obviously, a joke)

Maybe because Mario never really changed in a radical fashion? I don't know, that's the conclusion I came up with.

super_mario_bros_31.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-urmrgay.jpg

It's just a feeling, but there may be some truth ground in there (wink wink).

Redesigning Sonic was like redesigning Mickey Mouse or Felix the Cat.

j6rebn.jpg

It doesn't fricking work. You're not supposed to redesign a timeless character like that. It just doesn't work.

EDIT: Joke or not, it's not funny.

Last edited:
Sonic was a "timeless character"? Whatever.
I don't see how you can compare making Mickey Mouse look so ugly to making Sonic look like how he does now.

I see what he did there. He gave Mickey green eyes.

Sonic doesn't look ugly, nor do his green eyes really affect him so much.

Elaborating on what Kyasarin said, Sonic has always been designed with the aim of making him as cool and edgy to his target audience as possible. The thing is, standards of coolness and edginess change over time, (at least relatively quickly when compared to other standards) and thus Sonic must be periodically redesigned to remain a marketable character. He can't really afford to have a "timeless" design.

Last edited:
Oh my god, what is wrong with the animation of Sonic waving his finger.

Hilarious!

DIMPS IS MAKING SONIC 4 THE CREATORS OF THE ORIGNAL SONIC ADVANCE
YAY ALL FAITH IS RETURNED

End of fangasm

Last edited:
I have problems with this.

1. Why are you using Classic Sonic in the loading screen if he's not even in the game? Stop mocking me, Sega! ;_;

2. The physics are too floaty. Sonic jumps too high and stays in the air too long, and the slopes physics remind me of Rush. This is not a good thing.

3. Speed boosters. In general. Sonic 2 had speed boosters, yes, but they were incredibly rare, and only in like one zone. If they're putting them in the island level, this means that they're probably going to be REALLY common, and this'll probably be a hold-right speedfest like Rush and Advance 2/3 were. This is very, very bad.

4. The game looks pretty glitchy. The guy stays away from the speed boosters, so those must cause problems, plus Sonic has problems getting into a loop. Since this is a beta/alpha, I'll look past this, but they better fix it in a way that doesn't involve scripted sequences.

Green eyes and crappy physics. Yes, this game will suck.

In all seriousness, I certainly hope this game plays better for the final release. But for now, I'm having a weird sense of Sonic 2006 deja vu.

Autosaver said:
DIMPS IS MAKING SONIC 4 THE CREATORS OF THE ORIGNAL SONIC ADVANCE
YAY ALL FAITH IS RETURNED

O rly? Source plz.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's DEFINITELY a bad thing that Sonic has green eyes in this game. And it will surely make the game AUTOMATICALLY suck.

No, Ol' Green Eyes isn't what makes the game suck. The fact that the gameplay that SEGA wants us to see (believe me, they want us to see this, otherwise it'd be down already) looks pretty bad is.

Green eyes and crappy physics. Yes, this game will suck.

Apparently you haven't notice from the title of the video that this is a leaked video of an alpha version of the game. Which clearly means that the game will most likely be different from what it looks like now.

No, Ol' Green Eyes isn't what makes the game suck. The fact that the gameplay that SEGA wants us to see (believe me, they want us to see this, otherwise it'd be down already) looks pretty bad is.

Do you not realize how sarcastic that post was?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back