New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Chip and Charmy are out. Just like Froggy, I can't picture Chip running around on a Sonic level.

I would love to see the fan's reactions if Sonic was removed as a joke.

Well, Chip and Charmy are out. Just like Froggy, I can't picture Chip running around on a Sonic level.

I would love to see the fan's reactions if Sonic was removed as a joke.

The whole thing is a joke if you ask me. Notice that not one of those characters other than Sonic belongs in a game that is being billed as an "old-school" game.
Furthermore, note that they didn't just say "characters" they said "playable characters". I seem to recall someone (forget whether it was Sonic Team or the media) trying very hard to market Secret Rings based on the fact that Sonic's solo. Technically, Unleashed is solo too, but I think Sonic Team sees the Werehog as another character.

I think they're trying desperately to appeal to the retro fans. Unfortunately, I think its a lost cause. The significantly vocal portion of retro fans are gonna hate it no matter what. So why bother appeasing them? For that reason, I hope that they aren't just making this for the fans... after all, that is what fueled some of their missteps.

Sonic's the only one on that list that's in the game.

Yeah, I have a feeling every name on that list is going to be crossed out except Sonic, almost as a way of saying, "No new characters, no new retarded gimmicks. We're going to our roots and that's that."

Not like they haven't said this before, of course.

I imagine that most comment posters just copied from the above poster anyway.

"The six colors of the emeralds? Oh, that's easy! I'll just copypasta the previous person's response, exact same order and all!"

Edit: Also love the ambiguity of the white/gray/clear emerald.

I don't really think its about the trivia though, they just want to motivate people to give their news feedback and subsequently, activity... which leads to it then getting more coverage.

Today is Day 3! Being held at the SEGA forums, the Kracken has finally appeared. The character list has not been updated yet, but it soon will, I do believe.The battle has started fierce, hear me, mateys?
UPDATE: Say goodbye to Tikal and Vector.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like Sega got paid from Facebook and Twitter to host the answers on their site? I bet at least 200-2,000 new accounts have been made on Facebook Twitter,and the Sega forums all together!

@Autosaver: because there's no way they would be left out...but what if after this character chart there was another one filled with more characters? ( including the oldies like Mighty *doubtful* Ray *more doubtful* Fang, and some other characters)

Charmy never really had a problem with it in Knux Chaotix, and I'd imagine Chip would play pretty similarly in the grand scheme of things. Not that there's any point in speculating how he'd play now, just saying it ain't as difficult as it sounds.

Not like they haven't said this before, of course.
Case in point, the last time they dropped the "back to roots" buzzwords was in the PR chatter for, of all things, Sonic '06.

@Autosaver: because there's no way they would be left out...but what if after this character chart there was another one filled with more characters? ( including the oldies like Mighty *doubtful* Ray *more doubtful* Fang, and some other characters)
What the **** would be the point in that? If there really was any possibility of any of those characters making the cut, they'd have shoved them all into the same listing instead of pointlessly dividing them between two completely seperate charts and contests. Just face it, they ain't coming back anytime soon, and no amount of well-wishing is going to change that.

Needlemouse is a different character, wut? Probably some kind of joke to make people think that.
The only thing I have to say is good for them that even remembering Tikal exists.

It is obviously a joke, maybe poking fun at how there is a new character every game. :p

The only thing I have to say is good for them that even remembering Tikal exists.

Well, it is on the sonic characters website.

I don't really think its about the trivia though, they just want to motivate people to give their news feedback and subsequently, activity... which leads to it then getting more coverage.

Well, yeah. Keyword "anyway". I'm mainly just poking fun at the challenge, and to an extent, the people who left comments on the blog post.

But now Sega's moved to social networking sites to propagate this stunt. Ugh. I hate it when companies pull stuff like that. Makes me want to strangle the people in charge of the marketing division.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. Keyword "anyway". I'm mainly just poking fun at the challenge, and to an extent, the people who left comments on the blog post.

But now Sega's moved to social networking sites to propagate this stunt. Ugh. I hate it when companies pull stuff like that. Makes me want to strangle the people in charge of the marketing division.

Well, not spreading it to much more popular sites isn't exactly marketing genius.

I love how everyone got the first answer for today's quiz wrong: It's 16. 7 Chaos emeralds, 7 Super Emeralds, the Extra Chaos Emerald obtained via level select & debug, and the extra Super Emerald. I doubt that many people even KNOW about the extra emeralds...

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/15/project-needlemouse-character-countdown-finale-and-concept-art

Well I can't say I didn't see this coming.

4276408713_b15c435ef1_o.jpg

I like how "Sonic's new friend Mr.Needlemouse got rejected 3 times! ^^

Is it me, or has SEGA finally done something awesome for the first time in ages? They have finally listened to some of us.

I'm glad the story only focuses on Sonic, and it should be. No other annoying characters, just Sonic. I also like the new enemy art.

When I saw this, I said this:
WHAAAAAAAT!?
It would have been cool to see SEGA's actual version of Mr. Needlemouse, but this seems great anyways :D

You SURE about that TDSunshine?

Sonicfinalday.jpg

IIRC, Needlemouse looks a lot like Werehog Sonic. It is somewhere in the "History of Sonic" Video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back