• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

NEO Emerald coast (Original stage, based on E.C concepts)

Here's a first look at act 2! It will include more indoor areas, more intresting natural enviroments and more stuff that I don't even realise is going to be included in this stage!
====================
Here's the first original area you will see in this stage, pretty basic but it introduces one of the main gimmicks in this stage, the wind and the fan sectors (Aka wind but blowing upwards)
srb20114.jpg

One of the indoor sections you will go through in this stage, I made it as a kind of tech-demo for light sources inside caves, and with this we get another plant that will appear throughout this stage, the flame torch (a creative way to add torches without making it look like humans were there before)
srb20115.jpg

The beach section after exiting the cave, I actually used a map concept I made a while back for this one.
srb20116.jpg

And footage of the stage being played at this moment in dev.

For this stage music I used the restoration of Dubious Depths Past by ALEXY ANGELFOX
I had a good feeling that this track will fit the gloomy vibe of this stage and the time it takes place in.
This stage will be overall less vibrant due to passage of time, the sunset turns into early night.
(I think I just made a rhyme near the end of this sentence.)​

Me when no updates for a whole week D:
So I had my tooth pulled out. And If I wanted to work on this map I was feeling like there was smoke going out of my ears 60's animation style. So I just went on a multiple small mapping sidequests and I have new ideas again :D. So here's some stuff I did.
====================
Footage of the new sections, and of the new gimmick. The upward wind. (at 0:52)

For now I made a small section where you have to drift mid-air to maintain your speed, but I will use it in other situations as well.
Here are the changes done to the eariler sections that you could see at the start of the video:
srb20115.jpg

srb20116.jpg

srb20117.jpg

I finished all of my exams, so I can practically work full-time on this act without any major worries. The only worry I have, is that development goes way slower than I expected with updates few and far between. But maybe it's better this way.

I added more personality and polish to earlier sections, and added few more things along the way.

Me when no updates for a whole week D:
So I had my tooth pulled out. And If I wanted to work on this map I was feeling like there was smoke going out of my ears 60's animation style. So I just went on a multiple small mapping sidequests and I have new ideas again :D. So here's some stuff I did.
====================
Footage of the new sections, and of the new gimmick. The upward wind. (at 0:52)
View attachment 119072
For now I made a small section where you have to drift mid-air to maintain your speed, but I will use it in other situations as well.
Here are the changes done to the eariler sections that you could see at the start of the video:
View attachment 119073
View attachment 119074
View attachment 119075
I finished all of my exams, so I can practically work full-time on this act without any major worries. The only worry I have, is that development goes way slower than I expected with updates few and far between. But maybe it's better this way.
View attachment 119461
I added more personality and polish to earlier sections, and added few more things along the way.
Damn, You're really crushing it!

I REALLY enjoyed the demo you released awhile ago, I have full confidence you'll make the second act just as good!
I can't wait to see both acts finalized.

Good luck! Make sure to not overwork yourself! (overworking is the main killer in a lot of projects.)
Post automatically merged:

Also I'm curious, Have you started on a skybox and/or horizon effect yet?

Damn, You're really crushing it!

I REALLY enjoyed the demo you released awhile ago, I have full confidence you'll make the second act just as good!
I can't wait to see both acts finalized.

Good luck! Make sure to not overwork yourself! (overworking is the main killer in a lot of projects.)
Post automatically merged:

Also I'm curious, Have you started on a skybox and/or horizon effect yet?
Thanks for the tip and for your opinion! Things like this make all this work worth it! But for real the delay in updates is because of me replaying games to minimize the burnout due to playing the same game. (and if you look out for my other projects you probably already know what the other game is...)
And no, I didn’t work on the horizon/skybox because for one, from what I see opengl doesn’t support horizon effect on FOF’s like water, and this stage is kinda made for opengl due to the sunset colormap looking actually like a sunset. And the skybox wouldn’t work like I want it to because if you noclip out of bounds in act 1, you can see that the stage is never at the default height, and that would make the water in the skybox be above or under the in-game water.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 1, Guests: 0)

Back