• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Neo Chaotikal's topic of wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Knuckles should be Hyper Knuckles too, with the not-so-well-known ability called the "Earthquake Gliding Jump", in which he accelerates while gliding, and if he hits a wall with some speed, the whole screen shakes and enemies go bye-bye.

That being said, I still say Hyper Sonic (in SRB2) is overkill. Not that you have ever heard me say that :P

Neo Chaotikal said:
Then Knuckles should be Hyper Knuckles too, with the not-so-well-known ability called the "Earthquake Gliding Jump", in which he accelerates while gliding, and if he hits a wall with some speed, the whole screen shakes and enemies go bye-bye.

That being said, I still say Hyper Sonic (in SRB2) is overkill. Not that you have ever heard me say that :P
Hyper Sonic in SRB2 is more of a joke than anything else. It's not supposed to have any semblance of balance, it's just supposed to be fun to mess with.

Personally, the REASON I don't want Super Tails/Knuckles in SRB2 is because they're really just lazy color changes. If they were more complicated than that I'd like them a lot more, myself.

I'm not sure if this would qualify as lazy, but if you make tails super, you could give him the hypersonic star ring, except you could change them into flickies, somehow recode them to fly at the enemies and destroy them.

Actually, if you used Super Knuckles, you could have the Armageddon Barrier effect when he clings to a wall...
I doubt that Super Tails's flickies are feasible, but...

They are, somewhat. JTE managed to recreate Cream's homing chao attack.

And you could change the Chao based on your skin if you wanted or use the default neutral Chao. ^_^ The only part that I'd label "hard" about it would be making the birdies know when to automaticly attack and such.

Jason the Echidna said:
And you could change the Chao based on your skin if you wanted or use the default neutral Chao. ^_^ The only part that I'd label "hard" about it would be making the birdies know when to automaticly attack and such.
Do they have any AI on S3&K? Seriously, playing as SuperTails they simply follow me. They attacking enemies was just good luck with the moves I perform.

Actually, in SRB2JTE, Metal AND Shadow can go to their powered up forms...
Sadly, no one will ever fix it so it will go the way of the Dodo bird and Zash...

*Kroze waits for the inevible bashing he is about to receive*

Sik said:
Jason the Echidna said:
Do they have any AI on S3&K? Seriously, playing as SuperTails they simply follow me. They attacking enemies was just good luck with the moves I perform.

Yes, they had AI.
It wasn't too good, as I recall...
They seemed to miss enemies too often.
And the movement was a bit...jumpy?

They had about half of Tails' AI. They circled you and whenever they got to a certain point in the circle (in front of you) and an enemy was within a small range and another bird was not out attacking it already, they would fly over to it, and the moment they touched it they would damage it and start flying back. If they weren't trying to attack it, it wouldn't take damage from touching them, and they can go through walls and crap to get at whatever they want (though I think there may have been some code to check that the path was clear beforehand).

Tails, however, did what my JTEBots do (with most options disabled), jumps if you're standing above it's head, runs if you're too far ahead/behind, and respawns if too far offscreen... (Though JTEBots wait for you to be going slow enough directions so it doesn't respawn repeatedly and fly if you're too high above to jump to, of course...)

I only say Tails is more advanced because he, like, has to jump and stuff. While the flickys just fly through walls in a straight line at whatever they're attacking.

New, Metal Knuckles

Hey Chaos Zero 64 is your mecha knuckles out for the ability to download I just really want to try him out :mrgreen:

And it won't be done until I get that body!
*pokes CZ64*

I don't have to be on IRC for you to send me stuff ;)

Then I have to finish another head...
On top of SAKnux and other...stuff...

Jason the Echidna said:
JetKrazy said:
it's not even done yet. Nor is my SASonic
insert Duke Nukem Forever joke here

okay...

[back on-topic]

level 1: why can only tails reach those platforms?
level 2: is there any way out? (without using cheats or console)
level 3: wow! it actually looks like an sea! i loved this one!
level 4: at first i thought it was a remix of that SAlevel,but when i walked in the building,that changed.

Forgot to mention, but I do like what Neo did with the invisible wall in the water stage. Very classy.

And I didn't even ZenNode them. Shucks. I'll eventually filter out the best, fix them, add stuff to them and release them.

To SMS: Yes, Starshine Park is based off Twinkle Park's "Pleasure Castle", from Sonic Adventure.

And is it just me, or does "Pleasure Castle" really sound like something it shouldn't? I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back