Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Boy Scout Handbook obviously never had to answer e-mails from people who wouldn't read the f***ing manual.

Basicly, anything faster then 56k can host at least 3 people. However, unless you have some rare god connection, you cannot host more then 8 people (and few people have managed to host over 5)

Hmmmmmm, I can host with a speed of 576.0kbs. My server apears on the master server. No one joins, what is my problem?

Two possible problems:

A) You have a firewall, LAN or something else setup preventing people from connecting, to which I suggest PortForward.com
or
B) No one's connecting to your game for whatever reason, whether it be inactivity or whatever.

Hi THS.

I really need to try port-forwarding, if it means I can stop pestering Hyper Sonic Warrior to be Our Gracious Host all the time.

Well since I dont want to turn my firewall off i need to make an exception
does any one know what i mean?

Yeah, I've already opened the port on my router, just that for some reason when I first tested it, it didn't seem to send a signal back to people wanting to connect, so it just came up to them as a "server not running"...that is, considering I did everything right. I should test that again at a later date... >>

Anyway, I guess we'd better take it to PM if we want a more personal conversation, eh, SH?

my ports are not working either, i fowarded the ports5029 and 5030 udp, and still got nothing, and its a shame because i can hold quite a few people because of my very stong connecion and my high memeory pc. it would be a blast if i could host my own games... it comes up on the master server,so at least one of the ports should be working :?

argh! stupid ports, i set every thing the right way, but i have like one of the most secure and powerful firewalls around there, working together!!!!

Zonealarm+Norton Anti-virus+ Spybot search and destroy+ Windows Firewall+ Verison Firewall+ Adaware SE+Internet Explorer Firewall= total blockage, im trapped in my own brick wall...

i know adaware isnt a firewall, it helps the firewalls out by keeping trash out of your harddrive.

hmmmmm I think we need to change the masterserver so all games listed can be joined. If people see a game they want to join but they carnt and they start crying because he carnt join. so i think if the host has a firewall up then the server wont apear on the master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back