mt_Srb2City.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okey-Dokey. Your wad inspired hangout's, but never-the-less, it is a unique map, but I feel something like this is more suitable for co-op/sigle player.

It just doesnt have the sense of match, like, "hide, sneak, ring-toss.", you know? If you fix it up and make more ambush spots and make it more symmetrial like a classic match map, then it will be very excellent.

Warpshade, even match levels need flow. If I can't keep moving, I'm going to get hit. The horrible crate area doesn't have any, and the fort area has too many things you have to stop to do properly.

I was thinking of changing the warehouse areas

I think I put a few too many crates and not enough ways up

In regards to the Military Complex.... Would linedef exec lifts be better for the towers? That also would add crusher potential...

EDIT: Camo man, it's the host that hangs out and people join in. Shooting them would probably make them kick/ban you. I know, I tried to start a shootout in a match hangout before. (Not on srb2city)

To be fair, the main purpose of them is to instate the militaryish theme of the area, and to be convienient snipe points for snipers. The way I put them also was to give sonic roof access, a possible advantage in tag and match alike

The towers stay, but I'm open to ways to make them 'better'.

I'd stile it to be more attractive for match, and less for coop at this point. That's the only thing that will help.

to be 'styled' for co-op this map would need the following:

1. length [no]
2. some platforming [nothing a person with no hands couldn't do]
3. less rings [explains itself, eh?]
4. no random box [see above]
5. enemies [except on hard, and turrets barely count anyway]
6. AN EXIT [no]

Now for match:

1. 32 Deathmatch starts [yep]
2. 1-2 types of weapon ring [3 types, but balanced well]
3. 1 Random monitor [yep]
4. Objects well spread [Generally yes, could be a bit better]
5. Player starts near rings [yep]
6. No Armageddon, Attraction or Invicibility [Not that you can reach]
7. At least 2 weapon rings per type [yep]

Strange... It looks JUST like a match level to me...

Well done! You are the second person (that I know of, anyway) who noticed!

That's why the really good ones are where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back