• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mobius Armageddon 0.3v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, I totally forgot I promised a review for this.

EDIT: Just played a bit, and I can't seem to get to the canceled levels by typing ultimate in the menu and then playing regularly... Just finishes the game after I pass the ice zone. I'll try using MAP command, maybe...? Look at this post for edits.

I think in this case Mile's statement might have sounded the way it did because he isn't completely fluent in English. From reading his other posts, I think perhaps that was the best way he could express his thoughts. To write "If you don't want to download the older versions, you don't have to, it's just there for history purposes" might have been a little difficult for him. Personally, I feel that in his case the statement was appropriate...I hope post falls upon #13 in the rules rather than #8. I just personally did not feel that it was worthy of an infraction, and wanted to express my thoughts on that.

Unsadly, you right. My english is not very good ...

Miles, I think you should add some screenshots to the original post, it generally makes more people want to download level packs more if there are screens to go along with it :P I might try out your levels this weekend.

Ok, I will add screenshots in the topic.

Yeah, that earlier post was pretty stupid of me, and it was indeed completely uneccesary. I apologize for that.

So I decided to play the wad, and I have to say for a beginner you got a lot of potential. The levels for the most part flow quite smoothly and nothing about it was necessarily bad.

Now here are a few things you should work on:

- Never give the walls, floors, and ceilings the same exact textures in some parts, it makes it much harder to navigate through the level

- Don't use the same wall texture throughout the entire level. Using a similar texture in different rooms would be a good idea, and keep the levels from looking the same.

- All of the levels, for the most part, lack a challenge. Then again, these ARE the first few levels, so you might of done that on purpose. Just try putting a few more enemies where it's just completely empty. Try adding something besides crawlas too.

Last edited:
Oh, he isn't a begginer, now. Winning the contest and make a pack, all the same ! (Grrrr...)

I would add : you musn't not fill a box only with enemies, you have to play also with the sectors. Put up walls that are a little less square, which sink into the platforms ,or columns of ice, for example. Or perhaps slightly reduce the size of the platforms where is the player. Warning, this isn't by covering a large arena with flowers decorations Greenflower-style that it will be fine. The decorations can be used, but ... not strafe. I made this mistake in one of levels in a Azure Lake Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back