• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mobius Armageddon 0.3v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Mobius Armageddon topic!
Here you will see a beta of Mod, and may know what has already been done.

The Levels:

Summer Valley Zone (100%)
A bealtiful Zone, whin Flowers and waterfalls. Here you can relax, but becareful!

Crystal Palace Zone (40%, only one act for now)
You now enter in a Crystal Palace. Run inside this isolated Castle, and use all in your way!

Intense Mud Zone (0%)
Use full speed here! Pass into Speed Pads, jump above big Muds, and good luck!

For now, no more levels are confirmed.

The Secrets:

Level Select (Beat the Game)
Not much to say, complete the beta to unlock Level Select

Canceled Levels (Beat the game in Ultimate Mode)
Yea, Mobius Armageddon have canceled levels! To unlock this, beat game in Ultimate Mode.

The Story:

Sorry, no story for now.

Download beta, and enjoy =D

Version 0.2:

Mobius Armageddon wad:
http://www.multiupload.com/OYL0H4QYZR

Mobius Armageddon Musics wad:
http://www.multiupload.com/RY9SM9I9WV

Version 0.3:

Mobius Armageddon wad:
http://www.multiupload.com/CSU2AYRN3P

Mobius Armageddon Musics wad:
http://www.multiupload.com/Z4NNN19SY7

Last edited:
As first release of your level pack, I dare say it's a nice start.

There are some good aspects of your levels that I'd like to point out:

- you tried to give something special in some rooms.
- paths have enough vertical variation.
- theme consistency and identity.
- use of visual cues (you could've used it more)
- good spacing (although I hate low ceiling heights and Lost Burned Hill Zone was quite annoying)
- use of enemies has some sense, it's not random (well, there's an army of Crawlas in each level...)
- I liked the Mystic Crystal Cave Act 2's last room.

On the other hand, Lost Burned Hill Zone forces the played to play mostly in darkness. Give the lava pools a bright color (fogs, colormap, light level...). Player need to see where he's walking and where he's going to.

There are more, but I prefer to let people have their say.

Last edited:
I quite honestly can't see the point in beating the game in ultimate mode just to play cancelled (and probably unfinished) zones, but hey, I may give it a try.

As first release of your level pack, I dare say it's a nice start
Thanks =D

- you tried to give something special in some rooms

I only used smalls sectors whin a elevated Floor ^^

- paths have enough vertical variation.

Yea, thats my main problem, I will try to fix it ;D

- theme consistency and identity

Nothing to say about it =P

- use of visual cues (you could've used it more)

Really? I will try make it next time...

- good spacing (although I hate low ceiling heights and Lost Burned Hill Zone was quite annoying)

Tada, thats for it I canceled the others levels! Much smalls and unplayables areas.

- use of enemies has some sense, it's not random (well, there's an army of Crawlas in each level...)

Uh... Ok. I will see more Level Design 101 =D

- I liked the Mystic Crystal Cave Act 2's last room.

Really? I hate, and HOW I hate XD

On the other hand, Lost Burned Hill Zone forces the played to play mostly in darkness. Give the lava pools a bright color (fogs, colormap, light level...). Player need to see where he's walking and where he's going to.

Lost Burned Hill is a canceled level, I will try make this, but dont wait for this change ._.

I quite honestly can't see the point in beating the game in ultimate mode just to play cancelled (and probably unfinished) zones, but hey, I may give it a try.

Its because Mod dont have any emblem for now, and you cant get all emeralds for now. I will edit it when you can get all emeralds.

Uh, that was a list of things he liked. He liked your enemy placement and the amount of vertical variation.

EDIT: Also, download is not available.

Just use sendspace.com

I uploaded the Level Wad in Multiupload, but I not uploaded Music Wad for now because its much big.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Sorry Double-Post, but I uploaded Music Wad.
Download and test with the Level Wad =D

Last edited:
For the sake of good geography and architectural mapping, I suggest making your waterfall floor heights to match the ceiling heights of water the waterfall falls into, as it looks more nicer that way. Waterfalls that keeps jetting through the water continuously doesn't make sense.

(I did not have much time, I go quickly.)

Aaaah ! You tell, you did ! (Me, I could never start my next contest or my mod, I have no computer at the moment ..)

About your pack !
It is good for a Beta. I prefer the first zone to second ... because it is more varied.
You've improved a lot since your first appearance with GH style in the technological measure (linedefs).

Zone 1 act 1: Very good. There is a red spring that makes travel along a waterfall. On the other side of the waterfall, there is a big gap.
Zone 1 Act 2: Good. Maybe there's a little too "platform that rises going up," and therefore a bit too much jumping. There are also a lot of empty ...(pits)
Zone 1 act 3: For a first area, I find the boss is too hard. To stay on your theme, II thought more at a large island on the water, where Sonic fights.
By the way, I think you've changed the code Eggman. It is a bit much.

Zone 2 act 1: Ice, ice ... I wish I had a little slippery (but not everywhere, eh : not next the holes ! The player is not the end of the pack !)
But I'm curious to see Act 2.

PS: "Mobius Armageddon" on the banner of the title is a bit ugly... You know Photofiltre ? You can create text with a texture!

Good job !

EDIT : Rapidshare is very annoying ...

Oh, sorry dont say nothing XD

Aaaah ! You tell, you did ! (Me, I could never start my next contest or my mod, I have no computer at the moment ..)

hehe XD

Zone 1 act 1: Very good. There is a red spring that makes travel along a waterfall. On the other side of the waterfall, there is a big gap.

Yea, I deleted one waterfall in this part. =P

Zone 1 Act 2: Good. Maybe there's a little too "platform that rises going up," and therefore a bit too much jumping. There are also a lot of empty ...(pits)

I will try to make Act 2 better. The part of Cave is much big, because it I will make the level more large.

Zone 1 act 3: For a first area, I find the boss is too hard. To stay on your theme, II thought more at a large island on the water, where Sonic fights.
By the way, I think you've changed the code Eggman. It is a bit much.

Thats not a bad ideia, I will try remake arena next time ;D

Zone 2 act 1: Ice, ice ... I wish I had a little slippery (but not everywhere, eh : not next the holes ! The player is not the end of the pack !)
But I'm curious to see Act 2.

Ok, I will edit this ;D

PS: "Mobius Armageddon" on the banner of the title is a bit ugly... You know Photofiltre ? You can create text with a texture!

hehe, thanks for tip!

Good job !

Thanks! =D

Version 0.3 is available!
Its dont have significant changes

-Mystic Palace now have Ice flames
-Added Cutscenes
-Summer Valley have diferents Skys.
-Added Crazy Factory to Canceled Levels
-Metal Sonic is now a playable caracter!

EDIT: Music Wad is already uploaded, now enjoy!

Last edited:
EDIT: Please ignore this post, it was completely stupid and uneccesary. I apologize if this offended you Miles Knuckle Power.

Last edited:
^ unless someone else wants to make comparisons to see how the progress is going on.

Deal or no deal?

BTW, good to hear that a new version is up.

Uh...what? Neither of these statements are in any way appropriate or even make sense. Having a version history is fine and completely unrelated to the "If you don't like it, don't download it" stupidity that is most definitely worthy of an infraction.

I think in this case Mile's statement might have sounded the way it did because he isn't completely fluent in English. From reading his other posts, I think perhaps that was the best way he could express his thoughts. To write "If you don't want to download the older versions, you don't have to, it's just there for history purposes" might have been a little difficult for him. Personally, I feel that in his case the statement was appropriate...I hope post falls upon #13 in the rules rather than #8. I just personally did not feel that it was worthy of an infraction, and wanted to express my thoughts on that.

Miles, I think you should add some screenshots to the original post, it generally makes more people want to download level packs more if there are screens to go along with it :P I might try out your levels this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back