MMORPGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
So what is your favorite MMORPG? World of warcraft, runescape, or anything else, talk about it here.

I tried Runescape once, but it was awfully boring. I just...... saw no fun in it. I killed a few things, took an hour walking from one town to another, then I tried Maple story, and the fact I had to pay real money just to change hair color annoyed me. Plus the side-scrolling, I felt, wasn't executed very well.
Then I recently found the right MMORPG for me, Forumwarz. You play as someone on the internet, and try to pwn forums to destroy them and earn cred. The game is very humorous (Although before you join you are recquired to type in "I am not offended easily" because of some of this game's language. From what I have seen so far, it doesn't seem so bad. But it's not something you want to play with your parents watching.) If you want to play it with me, my username is, well, Jellybones69.

So, discuss all about MMORPG's here!

After playing Forumwarz for a little while and..I like it. Its pretty fun and you kinda know how it feels like to be a troll,hacker or whatever. By the way Jellybones, did you make a clan of SRB2 on that?

steveb96 said:
After playing Forumwarz for a little while and..I like it. Its pretty fun and you kinda know how it feels like to be a troll,hacker or whatever. By the way Jellybones, did you make a clan of SRB2 on that?

Heh, yeah, it's fun being an emo. Also, no, I didn't make a clan for it. I just started it today.

Lightning_The_Hedghog said:
S4 league! It's super awesome! The graphics are...pretty good.... The game play is AWESOME

Oh yeah I play S4 league too. It does remind me of Gunz though.

One I do like to say is PSOBB. Pretty much me, and other people in the SRB2 MB play it also.

The very first MMORPG I played is Endless online. I really don't like that game at all; it takes forever to level! After trying that, I got into MapleStory. I have to say this is the core of MMORPG's for me. I've been playing that for a long time until I got bored of it.

Once I got bored of Maple I was trying other games like Kart Rider, Bots, and Lunia. Lunia was interesting for a while, but then it died on me for some reason, so I was back to playing Maple.

Recently I tried out LaTale, and I have to say it easily sinks MapleStory down to the depths of the ocean. The community is better than Maple's, leveling is quicker, and dying is a lot less painful (compare the 5%-10% EXP loss in Maple to the 3% loss in LaTale). That and fighting is a lot less boring.

I usually stay away from MMORPG's as they are mostly the same, the few exemptions to this that I find remotely different are Air rivals and (Dare I say it) Maple story, Although I don't play MS I must say the Side Scrolling part of it looks interesting, and is FlyFF any good, I was thinking of trying it out as it looks interesting.

Maple Story really didn't have any core content to back up its shiny appearance.

As for me, I'm sick and tired of MMOs. Well, mostly playing them how they're meant to be played. Most MMORPGs are oriented towards grinding your butt off to get 10% of the experience needed to level. Which is, of course, why I play on private servers that have experience multipliers. At the moment, I'm playing on a Perfect World server that has 1,000x multipliers on experience, as well as multipliers on everything else.

BlueZero4 said:
Maple Story really didn't have any core content to back up its shiny appearance.

As for me, I'm sick and tired of MMOs. Well, mostly playing them how they're meant to be played. Most MMORPGs are oriented towards grinding your butt off to get 10% of the experience needed to level. Which is, of course, why I play on private servers that have experience multipliers. At the moment, I'm playing on a Perfect World server that has 1,000x multipliers on experience, as well as multipliers on everything else.

While I'm familiar with MMOs, the only one I've played before was Maple Story, and that was only for ten hours at most. Otherwise, I would have to agree with your stance. The idea of spending hours to reach a single level seems like a bad concept for a videogame, and I don't think it deserves to catch on in the genre as much as it has. As for Maple Story, is has such a bland battle system that it just isn't worth the time of anyone looking for some decent combat.

Not much of a MMORPG person, I have played things such as S4, PSO/PSU and Gunz, but despite the fact that they're not MMO at all, there's the closest I've gotten to playing an MMORPG in the past year or two. I've mostly been playing MMOFPS games but even now they're becoming too easy.

Back in the day sometime near 2004 I used to play Maplestory alot and dabbled a bit in private RO servers, Flyff for a good period wen I got a computer that could support it. WoW Retail for a bit in '06, but considering how fast it got boring for me, it's disturbing how it's still a common craze.

Why do nearly all MMORPGs have to be "Let's kill some elves with magic whee"? I'd much rather have one with something new. Air Rivals sounds good, but I won't download it, because it takes ages to convince my family to actually download a downloadable game. They're all "Disc is better".

But anyway, why don't the companies think of something new? I'd rather have something with guns, or lightsabers (Yeah, I'm waiting for The Old Republic).

Well I've played a MMORPG called "Sherwood" It was a little bit of intresting, but it does get boring after going through dungeons just to level up, although I enjoyed playing along with other people and going through dungeons and areas together fighting monsters and things(it was enjoyable at the least).

I've tried Runescape, I was not really seeing how some people said it was fun, it was really boring to me and just not that entertaining to me.

There are some mmorpgs that are interesting, like Fiesta, La Tale, Perfect World International...
It's a shame that my computer sucks, as it goes slow, and I can never play for 3 minutes as my computer crashes...

Brown, Fiesta is a Fly for Fun rip off besides the flying and anime look.

I'm currently playing Fly for Fun, but I saw a new MMORPG that came out called Perfect World International. I'm thinking of playing that since you'll be able to fly in that as well. Unfortunately the only thing keeping me from doing it is the fact that both my Laptop and Computer end up turning on and off whenever I play and online game :/

The very first one I've played was Runescape, but I had a hard time making money without being a member (to mine Pure Essence). And I died loosing over 50 Mill in coins. So I just went to FlyFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back