Memories of #SRB2, #SRB2fun, and #SRB2netgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSC

Post your memories of the mysteria chat #srb2, #srb2fun, and srb2netgame.

I remember how much of a freaken n00b I was. I was the n00b king. I used to steal wads and just rename them and claim them as mine...everyone hated me for a long while. Remember "red volcano"?
All "red volcano" was, was Mystic's flame rift with new music and a different name. Then I took SSNtails's name...of course, that was for a good cause...SRB2 was spamming (this is when he was new) and changing my name to SSNtails stopped him, even so, I still took his name.
Then there was this huge netsplit that lasted awhile. Me, SRB2, and reala from sonic cult spammed the hell out of #srb2 and #srb2netgame. I remember having daily flame wars with Tets.

I'm glad I matured alot. :P

SSC said:
Post your memories of the mysteria chat #srb2, #srb2fun, and srb2netgame.

I remember how much of a freaken n00b I was. I was the n00b king. I used to steal wads and just rename them and claim them as mine...everyone hated me for a long while. Remember "red volcano"?
All "red volcano" was, was Mystic's flame rift with new music and a different name. Then I took SSNtails's name...of course, that was for a good cause...SRB2 was spamming (this is when he was new) and changing my name to SSNtails stopped him, even so, I still took his name.
Then there was this huge netsplit that lasted awhile. Me, SRB2, and reala from sonic cult spammed the hell out of #srb2 and #srb2netgame. I remember having daily flame wars with Tets.

I'm glad I matured alot. :P
Yush, I have a quote of SSC being a n00b and saying "how could I get any stupider, Tets". I do remember going to #srb2 once and hearing people talk about being attacked by flys and wishing there was a sequil to the titanic with zombies and crap. I was in #srb2netgame for a while, but it got boring after Mystic tried to make it on-topic and everyone stopped talking. :| Now #srb2fun was good and stuff, but when we moved to AccessIRC and #srb2 and #srb2netgame moved to EsperNet, a441 started making out little fun into an on-topic thing and now I'm stuck being the bad guy, banning people like Zash and Mimiru just for having a little "fun". :roll: Times change, people change. But one thing is sure, and that is SRB2 will live on. At least, so long as we make it so. My project SPMoves is to keep SRB2 things "in development" as long as possable. Because I fear that only a few months after SRB2 is "complete", we will only have random n00bs coming in and out and never staying because there is nothing to stay for, nothing good left to wait for.

YOU BANNED ME?!?!?!?!!? oh well, i don't mind. i guess i was a little immature and i did ask for it. as well as senku, and linkman90, and some other people. so i guess i deserved it.

I remember the times when people barely talked in #srb2general aka srb2fun. you know, srb2fun, from the irc channel, and Mystic! you were there! and Tets! you were there! remember? ah good times, good times.

SSC said:
Then I took SSNtails's name...of course, that was for a good cause...SRB2 was spamming (this is when he was new) and changing my name to SSNtails stopped him, even so, I still took his name.
Then there was this huge netsplit that lasted awhile. Me, SRB2, and reala from sonic cult spammed the hell out of #srb2 and #srb2netgame.

Ah, yes... I remember that. That was back when my name was SRB2, possibly the most unoriginal nick ever concieved... And yes, I was probably the biggest n00b there. VICTORY! :roll:

As for the netsplit, that was something that I won't ever forget. I got banned for a little over a month, which was (and still is) a long time for me. Pushed out of the community with the only friends I ever knew, it basically converted me into the half-respected person I am today. Uh... yeah.. *crickets chirping in the backround*

Heh, didn't you get in trouble with your Mom, because Mystic told her what you did? Creepy :?

On the topic of the present channels, in my opinion, as great of a guy he is, I think a441 *totally* screwed AccessIRC #srb2 over when he started enforcing strict on-topic rules. The channel is all but dead now much of the time, and because offtopic is gone away, I left the channel for #jte and #sonicdivinity, which are both good channels in their own right.

Once upon a time, I went to #srb2

Got banned from there. Banned from #srb2fun too.

Once upon another time, about three months later, the ban ended. No one knows how or why.

Then Mysteria fell apart. Everyone moved to AccessIRC. Everyone was happy.

Then connection errors kept me off IRC for over 3 months.

I got back. Two days later, I tried #srb2 again. This time, they had a bot.

Unfortunately their bot wasn't smart enough to outmaneuver users who send it commands with the sole purpose of getting it to respond with longer commands, effectively running out their clock into a flood kill.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.

Then one day the bot got smarter. But it still couldn't resist the allure of a new hangout, which ended up as its downfall--as soon as it stepped on someone else's turf, it had given a license to kill it.

Nine, ten, eleven.

Now I'm banned from #srb2 again.

But fear not kiddies! This story isn't over! The search for the perfect bot--and for all those other less-than-perfect bots that get used as fodder--will continue!

I went to #srb2fun (screw #srb2).

I was an idiot for a while.

Then I wasn't.

a441 opped me.

Couple months later, a441 went crazy and opped the whole channel x_X.

All the stupid-dumb fake ops were deopped.

I stayed an op ^_^.

Mysteria died >.>

I remember when I first joined I never talked, I just asked for netgames, and Turbos and NGG were always saying yes ... ... ... god I miss those good times with NGG ... ... ... I hate accessirc.

I remember when, back when I was still sometimes on the chat, I was opped. I was the first non-op who got opped for no reason. Now it is up to you guys to decipher my post.

*evil laugh*

Shaflugi said:
I went to #srb2fun (screw #srb2).

I was an idiot for a while.

Then I wasn't.

a441 opped me.

Couple months later, a441 went crazy and opped the whole channel x_X.

All the stupid-dumb fake ops were deopped.
I stayed an op ^_^.

Mysteria died >.>

:/

SadisticMystic said:
Once upon a time, I went to #srb2

Got banned from there. Banned from #srb2fun too.

Once upon another time, about three months later, the ban ended. No one knows how or why.

Then Mysteria fell apart. Everyone moved to AccessIRC. Everyone was happy.

Then connection errors kept me off IRC for over 3 months.

I got back. Two days later, I tried #srb2 again. This time, they had a bot.

Unfortunately their bot wasn't smart enough to outmaneuver users who send it commands with the sole purpose of getting it to respond with longer commands, effectively running out their clock into a flood kill.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.

Then one day the bot got smarter. But it still couldn't resist the allure of a new hangout, which ended up as its downfall--as soon as it stepped on someone else's turf, it had given a license to kill it.

Nine, ten, eleven.

Now I'm banned from #srb2 again.

But fear not kiddies! This story isn't over! The search for the perfect bot--and for all those other less-than-perfect bots that get used as fodder--will continue!

soo you were the one flooding my bot! :evil:

your the mysterious person in accessirc and head op of #7 (which is insane btw,) YOUR _ ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes. I use the account _ which is tied to Anonycat, null, blank, and alt0160.

If you've got a problem with Channel Seven, report it to the front desk.

...I was in the mysteria chat once. I thought it was pretty cool seeing Gecko Yamori from OCReMix hanging out there.

He should really do an SRB2 remix. I'll ask him about it next time I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back