Memories of #SRB2, #SRB2fun, and #SRB2netgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back when I joined Demo 2 netgames in #srb2. That was SO long ago...good ol' smatch.wad. Quality entertainment.

I remember back when I joined a demo 4.35 netgame in #srb2. It was hosted by Donnyku, as I recall. I'd asked him to use my Lava Islands Zone. The game was extremely laggy and unplayable. Everyone said it wasn't usually like this and they had no idea why it was so laggy. However, I'd previously tried to join netgames and they hadn't worked at all, so this was actually good by my standards. Based on some nonsense I'd heard from Mystic or someone, I thought the lag might be because of the FOFs used in the level.

It's funny, it seems like a curse. Even today, whenever a sensible newbie tries to play a netgame for the first time, it seems to go horribly wrong for no reason. It only ever happens when new people come by to play. Well, almost only.

SRB2 netgames were totally and completely unstable until around SRB2:2K3. They're still rather fickle, but at least they don't generally crash for no reason, they crash for a stupid reason =P

I remember when I used www.mysteria.net to chat in #srb2fun. I couldn't change my name or use commands, so I'd always quit and rejoin with a new name. Finally my brother got mIRC. :)

On the topic of favoritism, should SPmoves count as a personal project if S3DR counts as one? What about TNAoSTH?

I remember joining the chat-more than a year ago actually. Unlike everyone else, the first netgame I played (This was after a little episode where I was kicked for using an mIRC default slap. I didn't know what it did, but for safety's sake I tried it on myself) had no problems. I was royally pwned by Mystic (Along with about two other people) (1000-odd points to my 50.), but other than that it was fun. Then, I became a *cough* valued member *cough * of the community later on. SUmmer vacation came along, Mysteria bit the big one, and the whole community split between EsperNet, with it's wildly off topic chat, and the dead ontopic one, and AccessIRC, with the wildly ontopic one (at least when I was there). Not much else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back