• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lost Worlds: Version 1.0 --IT'S NOT CANCELED--

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some good news and some bad news.

First off, the bad news. Jungle Ruins has bit the dust; as I could not get enough ideas to make two grass-like levels.

The good news is that what I had done on it is being reused in Sapphire Coast Zone!

srb20084.png

srb20085.png

Do note that these screenshots are still WIPs.

And yes, the Spidras are still gonna be in LWs, but they will be moved to a different zone.

Glad to hear it's a WIP, because the tree in the second picture is awful. The rest of it looks good, though.

I donno, I sorta like that tree. What could be improved on it?

*smiles*

Seems a green wheel with a brown axis. Or... er.. whatever. Try making some branches; I said some, not lots of. We know we can't do so much in DoomBuilder, but at least we can try hard to make thing nicer and less trivial.

Oh hey, thanks for using my plants for this stage!
Anyways, looks good, except for the tree. You could make it more 'round' by adding more sectors/FOFs with different heights.

I think the texture you're using for the trunk is just overly saturated. You should use a paler color.

The leaves texture is just ugly.

Looks good... can't wait for release.

I think the leaf textures are pretty good. Of course, I'm a suckish spriter, so...

This inspires me to make my own custom enemy.

Well, maybe if you make it a little more straight, it would be better.
I didn't mean the Thing-based tree; that's really good. I mean the sector-based one further off in the distance.

Well, it's just a straight, circular trunk with a straight, circular top. Add some branches, some roots, and maybe give the top part a unique shape. Perhaps I'm giving myself a shot in the arm here, but look at the trees in Sunshine Atoll Zone Act 2 (not the sector-based palm trees, the other ones.) They aren't perfect, but I think they're at least more interesting than the one you have there.

The level looks great so far, the design looks top-notch.
Those trees kind of look a bit out of place or really too plain, how about making them look something like these trees?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangrove

The trunk with a circular top does not look that good with the rest of the level.
Another suggestion for the leaves would be right below the top part you already have make another FOF sector or so that is like the one above but is just a tad smaller than the previous one.

The trunk texture and wall textures look too similar and makes the level look bland

I have desided to use some of SRB2morphed's soc actions for my mod, which means you'll need the newest version to play LWs once I get any demos out. This way, I can make cool things like...

gola.png

-Gola-
Dificulty - ****
Speed - **
Offense - ***
Defense - *****

Firey brother of Unidus, Gola's fireballs rotate in all directions around it, making it very hard to hit. It's a bit slower than Unidus, though.

I have desided to use some of SRB2morphed's soc actions for my mod
I am awestruck. I love this mod even more now, and this will definitely help you with custom enemies. A lot. You should, however, release a version that works for vanilla SRB2 too, just to please everyone. Of course, that would lack some enemies.

srb20105.png

srb20106.png

srb20107.png

WIP texture set for SCZ. I might need to double it's size...

Those sector trees still suffer from the same problem as the last one. Make them look better. Make them fluffy (at least horizontally), give them roots, give them branches, anything to make them look less basic. Otherwise, pretty good.

Okay, NOW the level looks awesome. Change nothing about it, definitely not the sky.

I'm thinking the wall pattern could be more erratic. You know, have the bigger diamonds in a more random fashion, rather than following a set rule.

Trees don't NEED to be detailed. It's perfectly fine to make a stylistic decision to leave them simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back