• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lost Worlds: Version 1.0 --IT'S NOT CANCELED--

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, you guys think this is a joke?

srb20247.png

srb20246.png

Ok, MAYBE Lost Worlds isn't canceled. That doesn't mean that level, or mod, is fake, though!

Yes, that whole mini mod thing IS real, and I do plan on finishing it, doesn't have a name yet. x.x

As for Lost Worlds progress, I've still been working on a few levels, but it's still gonna be awhile before I get anything out.

Well, we did have that discussion about calling it "SRB4", didn't we? *mauled*

Anyway, even if this means a significant delay for Lost Worlds, I have a certain feeling that this mini-mod is gonna be awesome.

Other than the lack of texture variation in those screenshots, I don't care either way about a 2D mod, joke or not.

I was going to ask what was wrong with you, then I saw you obviously meant the first two screenshots, not the new ones. Yes, they lack texture variation.

I played the level.
For a 2D level, it wasn't too bad. It had well-fitting music that added to the theme.
It had a good amount of secrets and they were fun to get, and the platforming wasn't too cheap (as it usually tends to be in 2D levels).
I still think it needs some more texture and scenery variation; it's mostly rocky pillars and basic trees.

Well the honeycomb textures actually turned out pretty good. I do have to say that they are simply too bright for color variation to work. (most of my use for alternate colors are not meant to coexist) Try an embedded appearance where everything is the same hue but is far darker. Also match the grass edges to the flat you entend to use and get rid of that checkerboard dithering. I know you want what passes for a shadow, but actually shape it, don't use a pattern.

You will want some textures that feel like they're the same motiff as those textures... just to give some of the platforms variety.

Also, it is often a good idea to make a smaller project if it helps to solidify some of the assets you plan on using for the bigger one. I know a few awesome guys that are operating by that very strategy right now. Although I'm guessing in your case its simply that you need a break... which is also a good idea.

Actually, the checker board shading is gone, thanks to Spherallic, and I have some textures for the caves now. I also have more plants, from Spherallic again. (Spherallic is awesome)

srb20011.png

srb20012.png

srb20013.png

And yes, this is mainly to give me a small break from Lost Worlds.

Last edited:
To prove that I'm not dead, here's some work on Flooded Caves Act 1, the new name of Aqua Caves!

srb20271.png

Those waves look pretty strong...!

srb20272.png

I wouldn't go all the way down that waterslide...

srb20273.png

I wonder what this switch does? Maybe it reverses those big waterwheels...

Y'know, this plays awesome, there's no doubt, but this severely needs some different textures. You have about two textures in the level at the moment, and those are almost the same. Vary it a bit.

Wait a minute, how are you guys playing it? Is there a beta out somewhere, or have you just been sent the WAD to test it?

If have tested an early beta of it, that's why. But don't be envious, I have played the waterslide puzzle yet either.

IMO, the grass flats in Splash Garden should be solid green. The way they are now, it's inconsistent with the solid green of the side textures.

Acctually, I'll just give the sides of the grass the floor texturing.

Wait a minute, how are you guys playing it? Is there a beta out somewhere, or have you just been sent the WAD to test it?

If your so eager for beta's, why don't you get on #Srb2fun and stop overreacting over beta tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back