LightdashernewBETA.wad (download on page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you. >> And here are some of my ideas/support for other ideas:

-The rail ring idea would make sense, but it could be his slingitem.
-I like nitro's transparency idea, you can make it that Light Dasher could have transparency checked off in a SOC. Could work.
-If there is transparency or not, there is one thing you need. OpenGL lights. If he is pure light energy, OpenGL light is a must. I can make the color with your premission if you want. However, this (and the transparency effect) might effect all characters, but if it's possible for a single character to have a "runsoc" option in their character data (objectcfg/maincfg), then maybe we can make a SOC that makes char. #4 (Light Dasher) transparent and have a white OpenGL light (low intensity on regular and high on super). Or, if 1.1 does this, we can put this SOC Directly in OBJECTCFG, and it will only run for Light Dasher. This would make this a 1.1 WAD only, but 1.1 will pwn 1.90.4a anyway. :D

Keep this up, LD!

Hey, now I'm able to understand what Draykon was saying to me 6 months ago. >.>
also it's spelled "Coolio"

I think his super from should be a different color. Since when is light energy green? And it would be cool if while he floated, light energy kinda pulsed out from his body.

Actually, he's telling the truth. He said Light Dasher's SUPER form. I know it's suppose to be white, but the problem is, since the prefcolor is Light Dasher's jacket, Super Light Dasher is green. So, on knowing that, I decided to "update" the wad and have it that he has upgraded bottom-left running frames (couldn't take a screen of that. :/ ) and a better super form. Oh, and since his jacket was the same color, he had a white jacket instead, which looked AWESOME on him! Screens of the super:

srb20017mt0.png

This bad-boy looks like he's gonna kill you. :o

srb20018uj3.png

Just showing off his jacket blowing in the wind. :) (like the old WAD, his aura flasher from yellow to white)

srb20019sy9.png

Ledge'd. :o

Alright, since there are no bosses in SRB2 that, by default, use the super turret SOC, I used FinalEgg.wad to take this pic. It was made by both Fugikuro and Sky Ninja. These guys did a nice job! although, the area with the boss was a little too big and dark. :/ But aside from that, here's his super-hurt slightly upgraded:

srb20020bl9.png

Differences: His eyes have better shading, his jacket is in the pallet, and (didn't do this yet) his head will have more shading (along with the muzzle). Oh, and even though he's still green, it could be that he's loosing light energy. Good idea? It's up to you, because you're original maker of the WAD.

Oh, and one more thing. I need your permission before I can release this mod of the WAD without it being considered theft. Ok?

Thanks, but....when I'll do his super form, he'll be like that, just with his spines/spikes pointing up, those ones with the green sprites were from the old light dasher =/ nice going though, we'll keep in contact I can tell you now

Ok. Just trying to chip in. ^^' Be careful, though. The quills sticking up will probably cause some people to believe he really IS a re-color of Silver! *shot by your RPG you keep in your closet in case anyone says what I just said.*

Edit: Should I E-Mail/PM you the WAD so you can edit the quills to be sticking up, or was this an overly-stupid question? lol

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking. Congrats Shadic. I had no Idea you could do that with the light. I just thought it'd be cool.

Is it me, or does this character seem...out of place? It just seems weird with the rest of SRB2's graphics set.
Mega_Hyper_Shadow, you're overrating this. This is just Sonic with a differently-shaped head and clothes. It's nothing unique. (don't say "Have a Nice Ban", it's against the forum rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back