Life, the universe, and everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sik said:
Sonic Destiny said:
(Im a Christian, just to let you know people)
Like those that go all the Sundays to the Crunch or of those that just believe what the Bible says (which is the real religion itself) but nothing more?
The one the believes what the bible says but i go to church with my family from time to time.

Sonic Destiny said:
Sik said:
Sonic Destiny said:
Like those that go all the Sundays to the Crunch or of those that just believe what the Bible says (which is the real religion itself) but nothing more?
The one the believes what the bible says but i go to church with my family from time to time.
Same.

I also believe the human race has problems, where people just kill others for power or revenge. Heck, everyone's done something like that (not killed someone, but you get the picture.) They don't consider others feelings, or they're just so jealous of something they don't care. The human race could cause the world to end if we don't stop arguing and fighting. Some day we might need to unite for something like a humongous nuclear war or some extra-terrestrial war, but some people might just be too arrogant, self obsessed, or ignorant to help.

But I don't believe everyone's like that. I believe some people do care, where they don't kill for revenge. People that would help in huge crisises (sp?) or nuclear wars.

Hopefully some day the bad people will realize there mistakes and we can get through all the bad end of the world scenarios above, which even though are possible, still have a small chance of happening.

The human race is no differant to any other animal species really, except instead of using teeth or claws we use our brains and the tools we create. At the end of the day we need war, I don't particularly like this fact but it is true. War keeps us going, without it I wouldn't have a mobile, a microwave, I doubt that I'd be talking to you right now. Simple fact is that science thrives of war, and many technologies descend from trying to kill people or trying to protect people.

However peace also can be of some benefit. For example the steam train a marvelous peice of technology that was invented at a period of peace. When Britain still owned her vast empire. This has got to be, as far as going from the stone age to what we are now a brilliant time in history for inventing. But then once again the second world war rivals it as many more things were invented or improved drastically. Due to the need to improve to survive. I still love the spitfire as a plane, in fact I believe she is one of the best planes that was ever made, 'she did not just stand for freedom, she was freedom herself'. However I have never forgot that she was created as a killer, a noble one, but a killer no less. Many of the planes we fly now, derive from the technologies created in the World Wars

The only reason I would ever fight is to protect my country, Otherwise I have no need. In simple terms she protects me, so I will protect her. Its the same reason for me to get involved in politics. As for the human race, chances are we will continue to fight, for power, for oil, for our countries or for our families. Unless of cause we learn from our history and learn how to prevent the tragic things that happened then, ie 'He who forgets his history, is doomed to repeat it' Sir Winston Churchill.

As for global warming its a great piece of defense on the Earths part. If we destroy her then she will destroy us and then ounce again return to her previous state because it seems to me like every so often most things on the Earth get wiped out, or are reduced in numbers greatly. We always forget as a race that nature continues to have the upper hand and we can only continue to live if she allows it

As for destroying ourselves I doubt it would happen completely. It would be bad for business not to mention people in the higher classes wouldn't allow it they'd lose there power. They have shelters, they would live and we would die. Then when it was safe we would simply repopulate. Growing ever more powerfull and destructive.

(Sorry for the long post)

You bring up a good point Jam. I usually stray away from walls of text (except for ash's), but I read them from time to time.

Ghost_Zero said:
Sonic Destiny said:
Sik said:
Sonic Destiny said:
Same.

I also believe the human race has problems, where people just kill others for power or revenge. Heck, everyone's done something like that (not killed someone, but you get the picture.) They don't consider others feelings, or they're just so jealous of something they don't care. The human race could cause the world to end if we don't stop arguing and fighting. Some day we might need to unite for something like a humongous nuclear war or some extra-terrestrial war, but some people might just be too arrogant, self obsessed, or ignorant to help.

But I don't believe everyone's like that. I believe some people do care, where they don't kill for revenge. People that would help in huge crisises (sp?) or nuclear wars.

Hopefully some day the bad people will realize there mistakes and we can get through all the bad end of the world scenarios above, which even though are possible, still have a small chance of happening.
I just gained new respect for you.
But there is plenty meaning in what you say, theres going to be a time where humans are going to have to work together, and i mean all of them.
And there are also some humans that care and are nice.

In fact now is the time that humans need to unite, we need to stop pollution and many other problems, such as global warming and on another subject the greediness of humans, a lot of pharmaceuticals and doctors may know cures for certain diseases, but instead to keep making money they just sell medicine to treat it.

When revelations come, will money really matter?
Money is all people think about, of course we need it but it shouldnt be at the cost of millions of people that a single person makes money.

Congrats, guys. You have managed to make some of the biggest posts on the forum with absolutely no meaning whatsoever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back