Life, the universe, and everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually a very interesting theory Nitro. It would definitely fill in a few voids.

Of course now that religion has been brought up, this discussion is sure to go downhill. Quite a shame really.

God is everywhere and everthing. Humans cannot comprehend who, what, when ,where and how God is here.

O_O

I can tell you this much and that is: the big-bang theory can never be true, why? I'll give you a example:
lets say your making a cake and you throw every ingredient in at once, that cake will never be done, The big-bang theory does what was done to the cake: it will never be done, why? I'll quote a friend of mine "You cant toss everything into the mixing bowl and get cake"
In short: The big-bang theory is imposable be cause it expects a big explosion to delicately put everything together.

zeldagamer00 said:
I can tell you this much and that is: the big-bang theory can never be true, why? I'll give you a example:
lets say your making a cake and you throw every ingredient in at once, that cake will never be done, The big-bang theory does what was done to the cake: it will never be done, why? I'll quote a friend of mine "You cant toss everything into the mixing bowl and get cake"
In short: The big-bang theory is imposable be cause it expects a big explosion to delicately put everything together.

That made no sense. The Big Bang was supposedly a huge ball of energy that soon reached the value of ∞, and exploded. Cakes and explosions aren't very similar; also, this is on a cosmic scale. Just because you can't make a cake that way doesn't mean you can't make an explosion that way.

zeldagamer00 said:
If you're going to be like that, then think of the universe like a gigantic canvas. Art could be done by simply taking a paint brush and flinging paint at it, right?

nitro_the_hedghog said:
If you're going to be like that, then think of the universe like a gigantic canvas. Art could be done by simply taking a paint brush and flinging paint at it, right?

I dunno, it could be called modern art.

zeldagamer00 said:

Er, like ash said, you might not be able to make a cake that way, but you can sure as hell make an explosion that way. Say you mix together every type of explosive together in a mixing bowl and light it. Will it explode? [/duh]

Anyway, I think science is the "how" in life, and religion is the "why".

Ice said:
Anyway, I think science is the "how" in life, and religion is the "why".

In my opinoin, I think we will only truely know the answer when we die.

*offtopic* I'm late, why didn't I see this earlier?

Do i have to quote myself with bold italicized and under-lined text?
I said:
The big-bang theory is imposable because it expects a big explosion to delicately put everything together.

Edit:Keep in mind that the word theory means this:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory
—Synonyms 1. Theory, hypothesis are used in non-technical contexts to mean an untested idea or opinion. A theory in technical use is a more or less verified or established explanation accounting for known facts or phenomena: the theory of relativity. A hypothesis is a conjecture put forth as a possible explanation of phenomena or relations, which serves as a basis of argument or experimentation to reach the truth: This idea is only a hypothesis.

Methinks someone doesn't completely understand the Big Bang theory. It's not meant to explain the existence of life, but rather how the universe became filled with matter and energy, and why it's still moving away from a point. (lol, Expansion of the Universe)

WARNING: SCIENTIFIC THEORIES ABOUT THE CREATION OF LIFE. IF YOU'RE A RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALIST, STOP READING HERE.
Science explains that life began by mere chance. It most likely began with a simple mix of subatomic particles which formed a structure capable of self-replication. Since it was likely very unstable at the time, it was full of mutations, which brings us to the theory of evolution. "Beings with traits that can most effectually survive and reproduce, will do so, and thusly pass those traits on to further beings. Those whose traits make this a difficult task, will most likely die off. The more unstable the life, the more frequently the traits will 'mutate' and thusly the faster evolution will occur" Over time these beings "evolved" into more and more complicated life forms. Eventually, a few of these species made what's called the "jump" to self-awareness, which is supposedly the beginning of the human race.

I myself don't believe ALL of the theory, I prefer to think that sentience is caused by a 'force' other than matter or energy. Something that we don't yet understand. But religion refers to it as spirituality, and hence I like to think that "spirit" is the third 'force' alongside matter and energy.
END SCIENTIFIC MUMBO JUMBO.

Edit: I remember reading an article on possible questions to fit the ultimate answer. (42) Which was where I got the "life is a gambling game" bit. I'll see if I can find it.

Monster Iestyn said:
Sik said:
Draykon said:
There's no way of knowing what happens when we die, but I'm always hoping for reincarnation. Like most humans, my curiosity is nearly infinite.
Please no :/ You would lose your memory in the way (making it useless), as well as you would have to suffer school and such again x_X

What's wrong with school?? Is is the teachers? The work?
Both :P

Where to start? You see the reson why we were made into this world was for a cause. A cause that makes the world change into something we don't even know yet. God was there (I think) since the world began. As god made man woman, then the whole world was a thing. A thing we have and can never let go no matter what. life has things we don't even konw yet. We can find out but you, me, and everybody else can make the world diffent. Its our turn to make the world a place paceful into now. Its 2008 and yet we can make something. something that makes the world a better place. Any day, we can make a thing gold and make a world a place. When ever its clod and dark or light and hero or sadness this planet codenamed earth, is a place god made to make us happy. No matter what.

Let's give it up for Al Gore everyone!
On a less sarcastic note, the vision (or goal) that you described is almost impossible. Why? Human kind. Now, according to many, the human was built as the perfect being. Having self awareness, intelligence, and the overall structure of our being is what makes us sentient forms. So what is going wrong? Morality. The human race is continuing to have wars, hate, and violence against each other. In the opinion of many, it's just plain stupid. Like much movies and stories have stated before, the human race will eventually die on their own accord. Weather it be mass nuclear war, or speeding up global warming, I believe that the human race is on the path to destruction. If you even look at video games, DooM for example, one's objective is to kill another simply just because they're going to kill you (there's the will to live again). Basically you kill, kill, and kill for fun. Now what I find even more disturbing is that even I enjoy it. A lot of people used to like games like Doom and mortal combat just for the gore. While about none of us will ever kill someone, even the most humane person will see action and explosions with content. Now, I'm not blaming anything on video games of course, but overtime people get more and more messed up. Video games are just one example of this.
But personally, I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

You know, violent games are good, because you do there all that and you lose any wills to be violent in the real life :)

But anyways, the main reason humans just do bad is because of the very same reason they're "superior" to other species: intelligence. Most animals only go by instinct. Not that they can't be bad, but they just use what they know by instinct. Humans are all the time thinking in new ways to make somebody else bad, and in fact tools were made for it, each time even more powerful. Now, is intelligence any good for this case? I don't think so.

The human race is selfish -stealing, killing for food- just because we are superior? Wrong. We are basically the same level thinking as dogs. We kill for food, we don't give a crap about others; the human race is awful. Once one gets power, it wants more, this will result to killing, causing extinction throughout animals.

Also thanks for helping on my homework.

The Dark Fox said:
The human race is selfish -stealing, killing for food- just because we are superior? Wrong. We are basically the same level thinking as dogs. We kill for food, we don't give a crap about others; the human race is awful. Once one gets power, it wants more, this will result to killing, causing extinction throughout animals.

Also thanks for helping on my homework.
(Boy oh boy do i love topics like these...)
I can really say i totally agree with you, a lot of humans do not consider the feelings of others, some will kill, some will fight. Just to prove superiority to another human or something else.

The human race is horrible and pathetic.
But that doesnt mean the race cant change, everything can change.

(Im a Christian, just to let you know people)

Sonic Destiny said:
(Im a Christian, just to let you know people)
Like those that go all the Sundays to the Crunch or of those that just believe what the Bible says (which is the real religion itself) but nothing more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back