Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Might Kill the topic.

xXYuffieNyuXx said:
I might kill the topic,But Dont you think it will be cool If Sonic Team And Sonic Team junior combine O.O(Not talking about selling Srb2 -.-)

That would help Sega get out their death pit a little, but I recall that STJ (sonic team junior) would rather go on with their lives once srb2 is completed than make more games of an already deceased blue animal.
Well alright...that may of been harsh on sonic's being, but what the hell...not like it isn't true.

Re: Might Kill the topic.

TrueTenguMan said:
xXYuffieNyuXx said:
I might kill the topic,But Dont you think it will be cool If Sonic Team And Sonic Team junior combine O.O(Not talking about selling Srb2 -.-)

That would help Sega get out their death pit a little, but I recall that STJ (sonic team junior) would rather go on with their lives once srb2 is completed than make more games of an already deceased blue animal.
Well alright...that may of been harsh on sonic's being, but what the hell...not like it isn't true.

Ouch....Well the post WAS off topic :/

Since I haven't really played Sonic 06, I don't kniw how bad it would be.

They should make a third game in the Sonic Rush series.

That may help them.

but sonic will eventually be gone. (Hopefully not sometime soon)

Bigboi said:
If Unleashed just had Sonic portions in it, they could have just taken the Werehog parts of Unleashed and put Ristar in it, and all of Unleashed's critics (at least in the Sonic community) would call it brilliant.

Not me, the Hedgewolf (refusing to use it's retarded name) system in Unleashed doesn't represent a very good 3d Ristar, the moves are too power-based, and enemies have health. Ristar only triumphed in his quest because be used his whole body weight as a weapon. According to the japanese story, he was a newborn at the start of the first game. No newborn or young child should be able to punch a cosmic entity's lights out. I have many more gripes, too. If SEGA doesn't bring him back properly, I'll grab the source engine and take matters into my own hands.

TheMarshMan said:

That may help them.

I'll say this, if they REALLY cared about Sonic we'd see much more improvement in the next year or so. I mean, really.... Just to get kiddies into Sonic we have to add gimmicks? Heck, I got into Sonic right from the classic Genesis games without their PRECIOUS gimmicks. Why does it NEED to be any different now?

You know as well as I do now, that SEGA thinks that Sonic's no good anymore. It's growing obvious day by day.

Pretty much, the obvious is that SEGA has, at this point, realized that, no matter how crappy the quality of the product it, Sonic games are going to rake in lots of money for them. Look at that Shadow the Hedgehog abomination, it's sold over a million copies, and had even been labeled with the title "Player's Choice" on some platforms.

GREG THE CAT said:
TheMarshMan said:

That may help them.

I'll say this, if they REALLY cared about Sonic we'd see much more improvement in the next year or so. I mean, really.... Just to get kiddies into Sonic we have to add gimmicks? Heck, I got into Sonic right from the classic Genesis games without their PRECIOUS gimmicks. Why does it NEED to be any different now?

You know as well as I do now, that SEGA thinks that Sonic's no good anymore. It's growing obvious day by day.
Dude if they kept it the same, it would,ve been like megaman.

verifiaman said:
GREG THE CAT said:
TheMarshMan said:

That may help them.

Yeah... But Mega Man is still loved. I mean, he's stuck to his roots for so long.... But Sonic....

...Sonic? They give him a reboot with every new game. They're not confident in him anymore. If they cared to make these new gimmicks even fit into the universe they'd give it better polish and actually make it fun. I mean, Sonic Adventure was awesome. All of the gimmicks played the simalarly while still feeling like different gameplay. It actually felt like you were playing ONE game instead of two maybe even THREE for the price of one. Everything felt in coordinance. It was AWESOME. Sonic Unleashed could've been the same way, but instead went duo identity on us and gave us Werehog. A slow, lathargic Sonic beast? I mean he's a lycanthrope for Pete's sake! Lycanthropes are supposed to have AMAZING agility which I only encounted in the cutscenes. Gee, SEGA, that's really nice to make our efforts in game feel inferior to the accomplishments of the Cutscene Sonic.

It should be a rule that Sonic games are supposed to be quick paced. If the character was supposed to be slow then give him shorter levels or something cause we don't like to play an ENTIRE HOUR of level with some slow character whose levels weren't built to meet his standards.

GREG THE CAT said:
verifiaman said:
GREG THE CAT said:
TheMarshMan said:

That may help them.

Yeah... But Mega Man is still loved. I mean, he's stuck to his roots for so long.... But Sonic....

...Sonic? They give him a reboot with every new game. They're not confident in him anymore. If they cared to make these new gimmicks even fit into the universe they'd give it better polish and actually make it fun. I mean, Sonic Adventure was awesome. All of the gimmicks played the simalarly while still feeling like different gameplay. It actually felt like you were playing ONE game instead of two maybe even THREE for the price of one. Everything felt in coordinance. It was AWESOME. Sonic Unleashed could've been the same way, but instead went duo identity on us and gave us Werehog. A slow, lathargic Sonic beast? I mean he's a lycanthrope for Pete's sake! Lycanthropes are supposed to have AMAZING agility which I only encounted in the cutscenes. Gee, SEGA, that's really nice to make our efforts in game feel inferior to the accomplishments of the Cutscene Sonic.

It should be a rule that Sonic games are supposed to be quick paced. If the character was supposed to be slow then give him shorter levels or something cause we don't like to play an ENTIRE HOUR of level with some slow character whose levels weren't built to meet his standards.

You sir, are way too demanding.

and you are right marshman. the gimmicks the characters. they are spot on. But they never put them in right.

emblempride said:
Too demanding? I and many other people have put with their crap for some time now... You'd think they'd give us something better by now. Why should you say that I'm too demanding? I just want a good game for once, but Sonic Team can't even release it without attaching something we don't want to play through. Why did Werehog have to be so boring and time consuming?

I agree Sonic need to go to its roots since not all of its gimmicks or ideas are fun anymore, I mean it does not feel like a fun Sonic game where gimmicks were very enjoyable,levels have challenging and interesting ideas, and enemies were all different depending on what level it is AND in some cases can be annoying. It seems like the difficulty was toned down alot,especially with some games the Special stages if they had them and levels just sharing a rehash of some past gimmicks and new ones that are not that fun. If they keep on trying to introduce ideas they should spend more time on them, make the levels enjoyable like the older games instead of making too easy to run through.

GREG THE CAT said:
emblempride said:
Too demanding? I and many other people have put with their crap for some time now... You'd think they'd give us something better by now. Why should you say that I'm too demanding? I just want a good game for once, but Sonic Team can't even release it without attaching something we don't want to play through. Why did Werehog have to be so boring and time consuming?

I hate having to say this, but SEGA does not browse this forum.

I think I saw this from some where on the internet but some SEGA rep in Comic-Con said it will take time for Sonic to come back as a good franchise. I don't know where I saw it, I forgot.

GREG THE CAT said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of you man.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?showtopic=2095
Link to that article is in above topic....

Oh yeah... They've acknowledged our opinions that's for sure, but they certainly don't care about it. Just as long as those little kids eat up the crap, everything is good.

They should reach all crowds if they want to make something off of Sonic still because eventually some of the kids would want the game but will either get bored or be told it is a waste of money, eventually.

As I said in that very topic:

I said:
Oh, so SEGA does appreciate us.... SEGA of America that is. If I heard correctly that the Japan division made Werehog, then please.... Realize that we Americans want someone to fricking listen to our dang good ideas.

Solid SOAP said:
Why don't they try to create a game that both kids and older Sonic fans can equally enjoy?

I've been saying this for a few years now.

What is so hard to make Sonic likable to little kids? We have to add all these gimmicks in for them to like the games? Even then, what is Sonic-y about the gameplay of Werehog? Heck, he's slower than Ristar, the very gameplay he was based off of.

First off (about lycanthropes): I thought they had amazing agility? If so, then why isn't Werehog scaling tall buildings with lightning fast speed? Why isn't he using those long arms of his to swing from poles everywhere? And most importantly.... Why doesn't he defeat enemies with ease? Why isn't he kicking but with that grand ole' smile on his face? Why isn't he... well.... full of attitude?

Second off: Where did SEGA get the idea to do yet another faceless evil monster? Really. And why hasn't Ivo grown smart enough to build a mind control device in which he himself can control the beast? From what used to seemingly be a different storyline every game now feels played out. There is NOTHING new in Sonic games anymore. He's grown as usual as Mario. Except Mario sticks to his own style and stays consistent with his famous platforming. God.... Can SEGA learn to use any of the Archie villains? At least they could use those guys again and again.

Thirdly: Why can't we have a Difficulty System already? Do we really have to pay the expense of entertaining children that we should suffer challengeless gameplay? There is something that made sure all ages and skilled people could learn to love their games and that was a difficulty system. For children, we could've had the "Training Hero" mode whilst normal players would get the "Sidekick Mode" and hardcore would get "The Blue Dude with a 'Tude". I mean, why sacrifice good gaming for hardcores by not including this option and building a harder game for veteran Sonic fans?

Fourthly: Get new script writers. Heck, hire Ian Flynn. If anything, I don't see the need for a plot if it is shallow and has hardly any if at all any depth. I mean, Chip and Sonic's cutscenes were adorable, but the real shine was with Ivo. He was incredible although he was still quite watered down.

Fifthly: Stay consistent.

Have a good read through. This makes more sense than what SEGA of Japan's been doing recently. Why spare challenge? Why spare depth for the veterans? Give me something TRULY new.

I then realized about the Brits and remembered that SEGA of Europe loves us too.

verifiaman said:
GREG THE CAT said:
TheMarshMan said:

That may help them.

How is that a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back