• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Internet Highway beta 1.1(scr_InternetHighwayBeta11.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikesword221 said:
BTW,what was the building for?
It's a GFZ style cave. However, since it is the internet, I made the walls the regular 'internet' texture.

Did anyone see the information stream? Or the robot I accidentally carved into the 'building' floor?

RedEchidna said:
Did anyone see the information stream?

You mean that thing that sends you careening into a bottomless pit? You should fix that too, because all things that make you move should not send you to your death, or force you to stop yourself. (Just to make sure, I'm talking about that tube thing the makes you move)

RedEchidna said:
mikesword221 said:
Oh yes! It's small (Really small)
You mean the stream?

I should stop posting like this.
It's a habbit, but some people actually post like this just in case someone posts right before them.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even notice that Ice posted until right after I hit the "Submit button". See what I mean? :/EDIT

Anyway, the way you designed the level isn't that bad, even though both sections are a tad short. Yes, "too many enemies on each platform" is what you're going to see from me as well. =/

It's not just that it's cramped, it's the many simple and fast ways you can get to the exit. I know some people who can use a sector that big to make a level that lasts three times as long. That's why this map would make a good match level. Even though this level will have three parts, each part has a bland type of shortcut that takes less than ten seconds to beat. (And that's using sonic)

Ice said:
each part
You've played one, maybe two parts. I wouldn't call that enough to judge, if it were me.

Ice said:
RedEchidna said:
Did anyone see the information stream?

You mean that thing that sends you careening into a bottomless pit? You should fix that too, because all things that make you move should not send you to your death, or force you to stop yourself. (Just to make sure, I'm talking about that tube thing the makes you move)
Oops, I forgot about that when I made the section a little bigger.

super silvex said:
RedEchidna said:
super silvex said:
Please elaborate. What made you say this?
Do i have to?
Yes. I would like to know what it means.

I have an idea for this. make it a 3 act zone. EX srb2.org is act 1, the wiki is act 2 and act 3 is the forum (maybe a boss named spama?)
anyway making this 3 act zone would allow for huge ideas (and more freedom for level making)
the wiki could be a huge maze with traps instead of a "spring world" like in the beta
and like everybody else said "too many bad guys" (get rid of the 2-hp pogo robos)

The websites you mentioned are act 1. IRC, a netgame, and... Something else are act 2. Act 3 is a boss with Eggman that may use an SOC.

RedEchidna said:
Ice said:
each part
You've played one, maybe two parts. I wouldn't call that enough to judge, if it were me.

Oops, I meant to say these parts. As in, the existing part. Um, I would say that 2/3 is enough to judge this act as it is. I know you're going to improve it, and I look forward to your levels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back